Administrator

One Year and Over Club Part 15

we continue from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-14-a-20.html
Old 02-11-2014, 05:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
LDT

Thanks Dee!

Good Morning Overs! Hope you guys are good . It's still COLD where I live, which is shocking everyone . I can't ever remember a winter like this . I really think my Palm Trees are kaput

I never like to hear/ read this but ... A prominent judge here in my town , and an acquaintance of mine that had actually been to my house last December for a music event , was arrested for DUI ..... And she was apparently extremely intoxicated, according to the front page newspaper story today . I'm going to reach out to her, even though I don't know her well . Could've been my story ..... Actually was my story decades ago.

Stay warm Overs ..... Except for you Aussies .... I hope you guys stay cool
Old 02-11-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks muchacho!

Oh geez, LDT. This makes me want to shake my fists at the sky and scream "WHHYYY ALCOHHOLLLLL WHYYYYYYY???????" It just ruins so many lives!

'sraining here. Bleh. I'm still working on putting feelers out towards Germany while trying to make money here.

Been really focusing on health, eating healthy (as LDT knows ). I'm trying hard not to spend this next five months just waiting impatiently for june 25 to get here but to make it productive. So working on my personal writing a lot. OH and did I mention that I'm having some paintings shown in a group show in May? My first show ever. (I'm one of those artists who never shows her work to anyone.) Hopefully I can sell something, that would be nice!

How is the weather in Australia? Just wondering. I spent six months in Western Australia one year and I remember the heat, it was such a wonderful place. I was there for Christmas and it was such a surreal experience swimming in the ocean on Christmas Day.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello Overs!

Well, it just snowed where I am for the first time (and probably last!) this winter and yet it is nearly springtime - hahaha
Old 02-11-2014, 06:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello. Posting to say hello and to stay subscribed. Hope everyone is well. Now that I found a new contract, my world is back on track. Had some cravings to celebrate with wine but it didn't last too long.

I hope everyone is well.

DP
Old 02-11-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks for the new ride deester
Old 02-11-2014, 09:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hope everyone is staying warm tonight. Frozen here in the deep South!
Old 02-11-2014, 09:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'll send you some humidity, Itch...

D
Old 02-12-2014, 12:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
instant

IP the weather in australia is hot. I have been riding to work and back as well. Today was 42 C. I am now relaxing with the air con on.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wo instant, kudos for riding in this weather...

Unfortunately, I live in a small flat in Elwood, Melbourne (on the beach) without air con.
Luckily, the heat has broken here.

V xx
Old 02-12-2014, 03:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

HI everyone

Well the family and I have settled into the new school year pretty well. A new routine ... my daughter now attending the highschool I teach at and loving it.... lots of homework.

I have been good things are pretty good at home .. issues still to be dealt with but all ok.

MY feet are improving and slowly I am geting more active again.

I am feeling more motivated at work ... tending to procrastinate about stuff less ..

ANyways not a lot of news .. things are looking pretty good here.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi again Overs

I hope all of you are good and well and sober, which goes without saying.

Thanks for the new thread Dee.

It’s such a shame about your palm trees LDT, you never know, maybe with a bit of warm and sun they may pull through. The weather has gone mad hasn’t it?
That was such a sad story about the judge, there but for the grace of God, go I. It could have been my story too.

I.P, how exciting that you are having some paintings shown, good on you. What kind of paintings do you do? I hope you do sell something, that would be good.
Swimming in the sea on Christmas day, definitely surreal, I just couldn’t imagine.

Feeling good, now you keep that snow over your side of the water won’t you? Please.xx

Hi Dottie, as you know, I’m delighted to hear about your contract.

Hello Rusty, I hope you’ve gotten rid of those shnotts.

Keep warm Itchy and look after yourself and Mrs Itchy.

Instant, at this moment in time 42 degrees sounds very inviting.

Stay cool V, y ou wouldn’t want what we’ve got right now, there’s just no happy medium is there?

Great to see you checking in again LSC1 and its great to hear about your productivity. I can relate to that too. We are a lot better than we were back in August 2012 aren’t we?
I’m happy that you’re settling in the new school and I’m also happy that your poor feet are improving.. Things can only get better.

Well the weather is abysmal here, it is 3 c and we are on red alert with winds of up to 100 mph. The traffic is grid locked, the windows are rattling like mad, the roof has blown off the local railway station and I’m not looking forward to the drive home.

Love to you all

Stay safe and sober

Grace xxxx
Old 02-12-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
LDT

Hey Overs,

I'm tired of hearing me complain about how cold it is and how all my landscaping has died, yada yada yada!!!so I will spare y'all today.

But really, today is so COLD ( sorry ).

The day started with an awesome yoga class and will end with dinner with friends. These are the friends I can actually be around when they drink because they don't drink with intention.. A glass of wine and they are good to go ( how the hell does anyone do that, really.). Later today I will teach some amazing piano students, and then I will call this a very good day.,

Cold, but good.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Overries)

I am still here, still sober, with some clouds of dark mood, but ok overall.

My weather is surprisingly warm for the season in my place - about 0C. And I like this - not looking forward to freezing!

LDT - Sorry, our usual cold weather must be shifting your way. Poor palm trees. And what a sad story about the judge....drinking and driving...

InPar - Great news about your paintings! Best luck with the show)

Grace - Get home safe, my friend!

Best wishes to all.

See you)
Old 02-12-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi again dear Overs

Ha ha LDt, cold, really? I'll swap you our cold for your cold any day of the week. Your day sounds wonderful. I hope you enjoyed it. I could never stop at one glass of wine, well let's be honest, I wouldn't be here if I could would I, but thank goodness I am here. I'm very grateful for S.R.

Midnight, I hope the black clouds drift away over night and you wake up in the morning all bright and sunny.
I'm home safe and sound thank you, I'm all ready for bed now, it's gone 11 here.

It's still very wild outside, I'm glad to be indoors tonight with my little family. Lots of trees down, fence panels out and turned upside down wagons on the motorways. Scary.

Sleep well all of you, or have a good day, whichever applies.

Goodnight

Grace xxxx
Old 02-12-2014, 11:05 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

I'll take some winter. We have had a heat wave in the 70s this week. A couple weeks ago it was in the 80s.

I have my Bryan Ferry ticket, a reward for not spending it on booze and drugs. I was able to get a seat in the area right off the stage so I'm excited for April. And then May 5th is my 2 year celebration of being clean.

Had a real lack of energy from my Huntington's. I do what I can and am enjoying the Winter Olympics, a family tradition.

Next month I'll have the money to get my dog his 3 year rabies shot which is just two up, and his license. Also his claws need clipping and I'll be able to have that done.

The longer I'm clean the more important things come into perspective. Putting my dog first as well as realizing I need things like concerts every so often for my mental health.

Sorry for all of you in such cold weather.

Last but not least the Dodgers have started a Spring Training.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you Shock

D
Old 02-12-2014, 11:47 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
good to hear from you Shock D
Always good to see you too.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:42 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good morning Overs on the wild and windy Thursday.

I'd gladly send you some winter if I could Shocko. Bryan Ferry, you're so lucky, I like Bryan Ferry too, that's something for you to look forward to.
I'm sorry to hear you have Huntingtons, I know that can be very debilitating, I hope it isn't too bad for you. Have a good day.

Hi Dee, I bet it's not cold, wild and windy where you are. Have a good night.

Love to you all

Stay safe and sober

Grace xxx
Old 02-13-2014, 01:48 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Dee and I, and all of the Aussies are feeling like this.....

Love V xx