Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 25

Old 01-28-2014, 02:04 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hooped sorry you are struggling what happened to the rehab you were looking into I think it's time you got some outside help that will give you more tools to cope x.

My life is pretty messed up at the moment too and believe me there are days I just want to escape through an alcoholic haze not just for a buzz but total blackout. It won't make my problems go away though just prolonge them by not dealing with them and add to them with the depression alcohol brings making them seem worse. What I am trying to say alcohol will never solve problems just add to them.

Hope you find the strength not to buy any more drink and look into that rehab facility again
Old 01-28-2014, 03:16 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Renarde - thank you for not sugar coating because what you said is true for all of us! Its a strong reminder that bad days will come (and go) but drinking us never, ever the answer!

This group here is such a wonderful support system!

Hooped - we will help you get through but first you have to stop drinking and popping thise pills. You can do this. We believe in you. Take care and God Bless.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:24 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Renarde - I haven't had the easiest go at life either. That which doesnt kill us only makes us stronger, heh? Thats my motto anyway. I think thats why I am cherishing my sobriety so much. I am finally coming to peace with my past instead of using it as fuel to drink and not take care of myself. But isnt that silly, really? I see now that sobriety has offered me a chance to 'baby' myself. By that I mean Im taking care if every aspect of my body and soul. And it feels good. I feel alive. Its so much better than perpetuating the hurt, pain and sick.

You have been such an inspiration Renarde.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Dee I know better
Old 01-28-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
well, like I said yesterday Hooped - we can give you help and support, almost endlessly....

but you really need to come good with the no drinking part for any changes to happen.

D
You can't give any better advice than that Hooped, Sobriety only works if you work it.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:08 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
I say this with love, Hooped, if I didn't I wouldn't even take the time to write this because it's past my bedtime.

If this isn't the life you want then put the fricken drink down! You're in a revolving door until you stop drinking. Do it this instant.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself. We all have marriages that may be messed up, serious health problems, dysfunctional family members, be living in a place isolated and alone. I've got a list ten miles long of all of the unfair **** that was inflicted upon me as an innocent child and young person, I was abused by a trusted figure, I lost a baby in a bloody, traumatic mess, I lost my savings and my home and had to move way out into the freaking frontier and rebuild my life with no one, and after all of that and more then I was a victim of violent crime. Everyone here has had horrible things happen to them. What we are all discovering is that we can't use those things as fuel to kill ourselves for another minute! Stop using your wife, your loneliness and boredom and your remote location as an excuse to destroy yourself! Those aren't good enough reasons. Only you can make yourself drink. Only your mind and your wallet and your hand and your mouth. Draw on that strength you know you have in you to put the drink down today!

I'm all for pacing and progress not perfection and being kind and gentle and loving to ourselves, but let's not "gentle" ourselves into the grave! Enough patience for **** ups! Let's be serious here! We have it in us to get it together and get the help we need and be who we are meant to be!

Put the drinks and pills down Hooped. Then take a breath and actually take a productive step and seek out some real treatment so you don't spend the rest of your life torturing yourself! You're worth so much more!
Amen Renarde Amen....Just a case of tough love Hooped and that's what you need right now instead of the cases of beer and whiskey.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

~~~Food For Thought ~ Tuesday Edition~~~
~~~RESPECT YOURSELF!!!~~~

(Note: Very disappointing as far as the Hooped situation, but I can't elaborate or add anything more that really hasn't been said. Its now really up to Hooped to see how bad he wants a healthy sober life. A major change is needed for him but he has to want it bad enough and be willing to seek the resources, tools and change the behaviors to do so or suffer the dire consequences. Nothing we can say can do that for him, he has to begin the process himself.)

~~~The Meal~~~

RESPECT YOURSELF!! Listen to your own voice...the one in your heart that is the keeper of your dreams. Never let someone convince you that you can't do something ~ especially if they haven't done it. Take the time to find your own path and trust your inner voice. Know what's true for you!

Respect yourself by limiting access to people who are negative and unhappy. Many times they project the anxiety and dissatisfaction with their own lives onto your life. One negative comment can be more damaging to you than one positive comment. Own the responsibility for your life and your journey.

Give yourself the gifts of experiences and relationships that strengthen your deepest convictions about your dream and honor the calling on your life. You have something special. You have GREATNESS within you!!
Old 01-28-2014, 06:46 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hooped, I am sorry you are going through such a hard time. I have not had any wise words that I think would help you, but I am reading, and you have my support.

Renarde, thanks for the blunt truth. I agree with Kell, that we all can use that now and again.

Having a tough morning here. Just kid stuff. Seems small beans right now. But feeling stressed and down, and worried for my son.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

(((Rochele)))
Old 01-28-2014, 08:16 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Rochele, I hope things turn around for you and your son today.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Having a tough morning here. Just kid stuff. Seems small beans right now. But feeling stressed and down, and worried for my son.
Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
(((Rochele)))
Originally Posted by GotGrace View Post
Rochele, I hope things turn around for you and your son today.
Big hug (((Rochele)))!
Old 01-28-2014, 10:30 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I am sorry everyone I went to the doctor yesterday I had a hundred and two fever the doctor said I had strep and an ear infection I had a shot earlier in the morning for pneumonia and then he gave me a prescription for antibiotics and yesterday afternoon I had some kind of reaction he was like I was drunk but I was not and I said things here there and everywhere thatI would normally not say so sorry
Old 01-28-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi Brooksie, read your response to my last post and just want to clarify that it is not me that is sponsoring someone but someone has told me they will help me through the steps. Felt ok to start with but over the last few days I have thought about drinking again for some reason, think I like to be in control and enjoy the fact that I choose not to drink because I don't want to, the whole sponsor thing makes me feel like a child being told what to do and makes me feel uneasy, already feel major guilt that im letting the person down but I cant help how I feel.

I like AA, the meetings, the sharing and most of the people, I just don't respond well to pressure and I like a bit of independence in the sense of going when I want or need to go and not out of duty or people pleasing.

Its all getting too much for me again, ive seen two friends leave AA because of the same reasons and it nearly resulted in me going out tonight but I resisted, its hard for me to understand my own brain at times, I felt great over xmas and new year but this whole sponsor business is disturbing me again.

Im also having health problems with my stomach which is worrying me, I guess I should check it out but im scared in a way in case its associated with my past alcohol abuse, im trying my best but things seem to be crashing down all around me lately.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Screw this, I'm exhausted and look like crapola.

I feel poopy everyday.

Self sabotaging at a job where I get all the freedom and trust to play with the menu and develop my line cooks and I'm hungover every day. DUMMY!

Ok, I get it, guys.

DAY ONE.

xoxo
Old 01-28-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

(((Melina)))

Awesome ! Welcome back on the wagon, we have a very nice seat for you filled with compassion, support and wisdom (I hope). Its wonderful (and a relief) that you are giving the sober gig another shot ! Keep close, stay strong and post as much as you can/wish. You know the drill !!

Old 01-28-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
I am sorry everyone I went to the doctor yesterday I had a hundred and two fever the doctor said I had strep and an ear infection I had a shot earlier in the morning for pneumonia and then he gave me a prescription for antibiotics and yesterday afternoon I had some kind of reaction he was like I was drunk but I was not and I said things here there and everywhere thatI would normally not say so sorry
Hey Fishy

No need to apologise. I think your posts were overshadowed by a certain person in any case THe main thing is that you are sober dude !!

Take it easy and get well !
Old 01-28-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
Screw this, I'm exhausted and look like crapola. I feel poopy everyday. Self sabotaging at a job where I get all the freedom and trust to play with the menu and develop my line cooks and I'm hungover every day. DUMMY! Ok, I get it, guys. DAY ONE. xoxo
Welcome back my dear!
Old 01-28-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I spend a lot of time trashing my body with cigarettes and alcohol. A LOT.

I just wonder why I don't spend that time being NICE to myself?

You have to fill your time somehow, so why did I choose a path that is so harmful to myself?

Why am I not addicted to self-care, nurturing myself with exercise, rest, a clean house, eating well every day, eating at all every day, etc...

I want to go therapy again and figure out why I have an underlying mindset of deserving the bad and not the good. And if I can't figure out why, I'll work on training myself into the good habits until I see the results and get on the right track..

Food for thought.

xoxo, thanks for the welcome back, Kaneda. I'm going to do whatever it takes, I really like having all you guys as part of life... Reflecting and hashing things out here is so helpful and supportive. We are good people.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:44 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope things get better Rochele
get well soon Fishy
welcome back Melina!
how are you doing Hooped?

D
Old 01-28-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hooped, do this with me!

Day 1, buddy!

We can do this together and all of our friends here will help us, you know it!

xoxo