Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 27

Old 01-22-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Take care MB and BF! Hope you get to feeling better soon!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Safely arrived in Beantown, but been up for nearly 24 hours so will be short.
BF hope you feel better soon.

Take care fellow undies will check in tomorrow. X
Old 01-22-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome to this side of the pond Toots!'
Old 01-22-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
p***enger

BF, I hope your headache eases up and you get some sleep.

Dorothy, that passage, 'bout right.

Toots, welcome to America!

I had an intense day & night -- some stuff at work, new opportunities that come at an inopportune time, I need to figure out a response, then dinner with my husband's cousin about his father's estate. Their family is riddled with narcissism, mental illness, and alcoholism, and it was kind of intense even to hear the stories. I need to be with him & can't post more tonight, so will leave you undies for now, fondly.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Toots - I *love* Beantown! Hope you feel rested when you wake up.

Well....shhhhhh...it is OFFICIALLY my first birthday on Saturday...and this time I am correct with dates - haha lol!

I have come down with a very sore throat which I haven't had in a looonnnngggg time - I used to get horrendous tonsillitis for years and years until I finally got those nasties taken out a few years ago. Now that I no longer smoke and don't take alcohol I was hoping never to feel so ill again from throat related viruses so this is a little unfortunate. However, I can still work, smile, eat, talk, breathe, so there is no way it is as bad as I used to be (I used to have to take to my bed for 4 or 5 days). The person I most feel sorry for, though, is my dentist who is doing some work in my mouth later on today - I hope she doesn't catch anything!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:20 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good Morning Undies,

((Jim)) I am sorry to hear about your lapse. It takes a lot of courage and strength to post about it. Kudos to you for coming back to SR so soon and not giving up on your quest for sobriety. I have found that those that don't quit are those that finally achieve sobriety. Perhaps, some reflection on what you gained in sobriety might be useful.

((Carlos)) - I am so sorry that you had a crappy day! Sometimes vegging out is precisely what we need at that time. I think getting a workout is an excellent way to start your day and raise those endorphins. How terrific that you met someone that you like.

DP - Thank you so much for sharing your feelings and your story. Thank goodness you picked up the book, it resonated with you and made you feel not so alone in your feelings.

DG0409- I couldn't agree more with the philosophy of one day, one task at a time. I know for me, feeling overwhelmed used to be a huge trigger to drink. I read some post on being happy and it recommended doing 1/2 of what is on your "to do list" and throwing the other half away! The fact is I will always have a to do list. I can ask myself "Do this have to be done right now or can it wait?" It helps me to put my priorities in order and not stress out over things.

Grace - How wonderful to see a post from you. You have been sorely missed

((MB)) - I am glad that you are feeling a little better. One of the gifts of sobriety is the recognition that feelings won't always stay the same and it will eventually pass. I hope you find the time to nuture yourself and treat yourself as you would a friend.

Boozefree - I hope your headache eases soon. Perhaps, a warm, soothing bath and some additional rest will help.

Toots - Welcome to the United States I am happy to hear that you made it here safe and sound. Although being up for 24 hours sounds utterly exhausting. I hope you sleep peacefully!

Courage - Kudos to you for making it through an intense day and night Try and take special care of yourself during this stressful time.

Wishing everyone a peaceful and sober Thursday!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
p***enger

Great post, Tanja! Lots of good advice that lots of us should take -- I like "treat yourself as you would a friend" and the idea to cross off half of your to-do list! Thanks!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I think for a lot of us, being overwhelmed or not able to cope with big or even little issues set us on the course to alcoholism and addiction. It is good to be reminded of this now and then as it can creep up on us at any time. Thanks Tanja for the inspiration!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:59 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Morning all, I managed a half way decent sleep, so feel fairly human today. My conundrum is whether to go exploring in these arctic conditions or wait for temperatures to rise a little. I would have to get hotel bus to the station as there is nowhere to walk around here, so I won't know until I get into town, whether it is too cold to be out! Or I could just hit the gym and pool at the hotel, and faff about the hotel for the day. I still feel a little tired and fragile, so I think that is what I will end up doing. I have at least six months to explore, so why do I feel I am letting myself down if I don't get out and about today??
Old 01-23-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Just checked Boston weather, it is a bit chilly. I would stay in.. If you were leaving tomorrow, that would be another story!
Old 01-23-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Toots...

Welcome to the other side!
Old 01-23-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
p***enger

Toots, my first thought is to hole up until March, but that's my alcoholism. My second thought is to go charging around Boston on your first day & exhaust yourself ridiculously but that's my alcoholism. Then I think just do whatever you want, but that's my alcoholism.

Maybe give yourself a relaxing day of hotel-based rest and relaxation and plan a reasonable outing for tomorrow?
Old 01-23-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
Toots, my first thought is to hole up until March, but that's my alcoholism. My second thought is to go charging around Boston on your first day & exhaust yourself ridiculously but that's my alcoholism. Then I think just do whatever you want, but that's my alcoholism.
That's pretty good!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon, BF and FG!
Old 01-23-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Toots, welcome to the US.
BF and FG, get well soon!!
Tanja, nice post!
Toots, looking for a plan for the day, huh. Humm, so how long was it you and hubby were apart?...just sayin...
Thanks all for the strength and encouragement during my down day.

Just spent 3 hours making zucchini and eggplant lasagna for a dinner party tonight. Off to beach, AA mtg, workout then dinner. A bit more normal day.
Great time on date last night. We are off dancing on Sat eve. Cool chick (oops, sorry, woman).

Enjoy and stay sober, undies...okay?

Carlos xx
Old 01-23-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Toots- Seems to me that you've been busy as heck trying to get all to come together. Sounds like lounging around the pool and taking a bit of a rest after all of that is a good plan.

Tanja- Thanks for the wonderful post.

Well, it's 388 days no cigarettes, 290 no alcohol and 189 no weed. Day by day, the numbers get higher.

Yesterday I talked to my crush a bit. I was in a bad mood, but he asked me about good things that happened. And even though yesterday was rough, there were a lot of good things: I woke up, brushed my teeth, made the bed, had a shower, drank coffee, checked in on SR, ate breakfast, did some work, had lunch, did some more work, played drums for a few minutes, did some laundry and some dishes, ate dinner, had a walk and spent some time on the phone with my crush. AND I stayed clean and sober and cigarette free.

That is NOTHING like what a bad day looked like when I was drinking, etc. I wouldn't have made my bed, if I'd tried brushing my teeth it would have made me feel like I was gonna puke, I might have had a shower, but it wouldn't have been first thing after waking up. It would have been sometime afternoon after spending half the day in my PJ's like a loser. I wouldn't have had breakfast. I would have woken up to smoke a cigarette, drink some coffee, smoke some weed and at the end on my bad days I would have been drinking fresh out of bed as well. I would have spent the entire day alternating between smoking cigarettes and smoking weed and drinking coffee and booze. I might have gotten too drunk and said inappropriate stuff on the phone. I probably would have played drums too much and not gotten any work done.

The differences in how my life is now compared to then are just incredible!!

I am thankful to be clean and sober.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:01 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Love your post, dg!!! So great!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Um... Carlos, remind us again how long until you have a year?? Hope you have fun on your date, I mean dancing.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:18 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi Undies

I did start posting last night but I was so tired I gave it up as a bad job. I’m in work again at the minute, last day in for this week, thank goodness. Then the real work begins. It's very cold here today and it's been lashing it down with rain. I can't wait to get home and get by the fire. Gone are the days when I couldn't wait to get home to swig my sneaky bottle of wine that I would have bought and hidden in my bag!

I think I’ll be texting Steve Gilmer and telling him to get his butt back here. Thanks for the welcome back, I missed you. I missed you all.

I hope you’re feeling better today Midnight. The numbness will pass and it’s a more healthy numbness than an alcoholic one. I love you little poem.

I really hope that headache has passed B.F, I’m guessing it’s stress related with all that’s been going on. Look after yourself.

Glad to hear it Dee.

Hi Drake, hope you’re well and I hope you’re keeping warm.

Hi dear Toots, keep well wrapped up, get some rest then come and tell us all what Beantown is like. I can’t wait to hear all about it. Rest up today and catch up with yourself, like you said, you have 6 months so what’s the rush.

That sounds like a bit of a gruelling day Courage, remember to take care of yourself too.

Wow FeelingGood, so close now to a year. There’s a place saved for you over in the overs. I hope your throat gets better quickly, I used to suffer too with tonsillitus, it used to make me feel so ill, so you have my full sympathy.

Tanja, thank you for the warm welcome back, honestly it feels like coming home. I agree with Courage, I think treat yourself as a friend is really good advice. I’m going to write that down for future reference. Thank you.

Great to see you Jim. Stick close and stick with it my friend.

Good advice Courage, I agree entirely.

Oooh Carlos, going dancing on Saturday eh. Does this mean we need to start saving up for hats?

That post is so enlightening D.G, thanks for sharing it, it is so positive, we have a lot to be grateful for even if we don’t realise it sometimes. And well done on your sober days, ciggie free and weed free days. You’re an inspiration,

Off now to do a bit more work.

Stay safe and sober

Love to you all

Grace xxxx
Old 01-23-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

This thread moves so fast! I can't keep up! You are all so interesting and compassionate with each other. That is a very special thing.