Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 27

Old 01-23-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi again guys,

Carlos, hubby is having to work long hours at the beginning of this project, so I do not have him around to entertain me during the day, in any capacity!

Courage, thank you! I had such a chuckle at that post!

DG I had a dodgy tummy a few weeks back, feeling nauseous. I had a kind of flashback to times when that was a normal feeling for such a big part of the day. ( easing in time for the 'it's 5o'clock somewhere' drink) as Drake says, it's good to have the reminders.

Dotty, I am sending you a hug ma Cherie.

MB I am also sending you a hug Moya dorogaya! ( I hope I got that right!)

Gilmer I am glad you are doing so well with the Hebrew, you really are so much more awesome than you realise!!

Tanja, how is life treating you? How are your furbabies?

Grace, my mum is on about getting wellies for Molly, it is so wet where she is. When you get hold of Steve be sure to tell him we are missing him and his menus. When I think of all the effort we out into hiding and lying to be able to drink, I wonder where we found the energy!

Elsewhere, I hope you are feeling better now too.

FG, what are your plans for Saturday?

SJ, I hope that AV has quieten end down and will let you get back on track.

BF how is your head today sweetie?

We were out for a meal tonight in Boston, tomorrow I am going exploring, well wrapped.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:12 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Toots enjoy Boston!

Carlos eggplant sounds yummy! Have fun this weekend with your new friend!

Jim glad you're back!

& hi to everyone else!!!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. That nasty head ache dragged into most of the day today and is still slightly lingering but better than last night. Not sure what is causing it. I've been drinking tons of water and eating decent food. Just glad to be sober atleast! I havnt taken my dog for a walk tho the past couple days Bc of the pounding head aches so I def owe her some nice long walks this weekend. I always feel so bad when I don't take her out in the morning but atleast she gets to come to work and has tons of toys to play with.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:35 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi, everybody. It's 4:30 am here, and I'm back at my home away from home! For some perverse reason, I just love being out in the wee hours of the morning when nobody else is awake! I used to love the midnight shift when I worked it, too.

Carlos, you're one heck of a guy! You've been down there, what, maybe four days and you're already throwing a dinner party! And cooking, too! Hope your date goes well.

Else, I hope your overwhelmed feeling is beginning to ease.

DG, that sounds like a good, rich day. I love that I rarely waste the whole day anymore!

Tanja, I love hearing about your meetings. I'll bet your group is really blessed by your sharing and encouragement!

Toots, you're amazing! You just got here Wednesday, and already you're on top of all the posts and ready to hit the town sightseeing! Go for it, and don't neglect to report back!

Grace, I'm glad your tedious class is over. I hope you have many random moments of joy and light in your weekend!

To everybody else, have a wonderful day!
Old 01-24-2014, 03:02 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Toots - my plan for Saturday is to do very, very little - lol! I just plan to relax and lounge about and eat yummy food and allow my throat to heal. I slept very soundly last night for about 9 hours and yet I still feel tired today!! Never mind, I will feel fine within a couple of days.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:04 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Get your rest and drink plenty of fluids (the good kind), FG!
Old 01-24-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I will be back to post later. I have chosen the TWO tats that will be joining me for my birthday on Monday. Having a meet later to discuss placement and final design. I am totally pumped. I have two friends that will accompany me during the procedure for moral support.

Yes, Gilmer, I have been blessed to have found two different groups of friends in the past few weeks. The AA community and the cross-fit gym junkies. Last nights dinner was for my gym friends. They may post a pic of the "old man" working out on their fb page after tomorrows workout. If it happens it will be on reebokcrossfitstthomas.com, or something like that.

I will need to catch up on posts a bit later. I hope all are planing a weekend that makes you happy!

Oh, dg, i am ALMOST two-thirds of a year sober as Tanja says. Just a full disclosure island friendship...and, for sure i am returning soon, maybe for May. I love this place. So grateful to have chosen St Thomas...so many new friends. It for sure was my higher power's doing.

Back later
Old 01-24-2014, 10:31 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Gilmer- I too love being out when nobody else is up. Although since I quit drinking, I've found myself staying up late a lot and then sleeping in. I feel guilty because I want to get up early, but then if I set my alarm I just hit the sleep button and go back to sleep!

Well undies, I am kind of freaking out a bit. I guess I'll skip the details but it has do to with my crush (of course). Ugh. Trying to keep myself together though. Despite the fact that I want to go into full freak-out mode, I am trying to stay focused on keeping calm. It's like one moment I'm doing ok and the next I'm not. I can say that I am handling it a million times better than I would have 10 months ago. I didn't turn to a bottle or to getting high or smoking cigarettes or any other self-destructive behavior. I didn't say anything I might regret.

Nothing has actually happened yet, so I remind myself that I may just be future-tripping. I sent a text asking if we could talk about it and he agreed, but we haven't had a chance to talk yet. Part of me wants to get angry and tell him to F off, but I know under that is just that I hurt because I really like him. So, going to try not to over-react, keep my cool and talk it out.

As I've learned from the Friends and Family section here, 'More will be revealed'. I'll keep my eyes and ears open and be patient. I realize that there are some situations that would just not be healthy to me. Despite the fact that it would hurt and be hard, I'm prepared to walk away from this guy if I need to in order to keep myself from being in a situation that is too stressful.

And all in all, I've handled it really well. I focused on getting some work done yesterday, did some yoga, and played some drums. I woke up pretty upset this morning- so I cried about it. Like normal people do when they are upset. And then I got up and forced myself into my morning routine- made the bed, brushed my teeth, got a shower, made some coffee and came here to write it out.

It's really HARD to face emotions and try to cope in healthy ways. But at the same time, I'm proud of myself for it and proud of how far I've come. I'm proud that I've been able to write about ME and how I'm handling things and not about HIM and what HE did.

So, for right now, I am going to focus on what I need to do today. Putting my life on hold for this isn't going to help anything, it would just put me behind with other things I need to take care of.

I feel a little bad about rambling on about this, but it's helping to keep me clean and sober and on the right path so I hope nobody minds too much.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Not at all, DG! Unburden yourself! Work out your conflicted emotions here, among friends--that way most of the steam will blow off and you'll have a level head when you and the crush do have a conversation about what is troubling you.

You are right--you have come a long way! I am glad you are not seriously harboring thoughts of taking the easy way out. You will be proud of yourself in the morning!
Old 01-24-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies!

This thread is so fast - I just can't keep up with you all.

Thank you all so much for kind words and hugs)

Toots - Moya dorogaya - it just brought a big wide smile on my face! Thank you!

My hugs to all.

Have a great sober weekend!
Old 01-24-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

You, too, MB! Treat yourself well this weekend!
Old 01-24-2014, 01:13 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thanks Gilmer.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I was messing around on my Facebook page when I did something and saw posts from 2009. Almost every one of them mentioned drinking.

Some of my "jewels":

I am to blame if there is no vodka left in Kansas City

Going for an early martini and seeing some Ukrainians dance. Though the former has nothing to do with the latter or maybe it does... we'll see.

Who is in favor of nominating the person who invented the Margarita for the next Nobel Peace Prize??

Going to bed early tonight..1) it is going to be an early AM with the snow, and 2) I am drunk.

why didn't you all stop me!
Old 01-24-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Erm, maybe because we didn't know you????
Old 01-24-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I know you would if you did!
Old 01-24-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
p***enger

DG, please don't stop posting about what's going on with you. This is a recovery forum, after all. That means that when you need to, this is the place to be honest about stuff you can't let the world see -- fear, hurt, & rage. We can check w/Dee, but I think that getting those feelings out here, and getting & giving support by sharing the experiences of recovery -- that's just what SR is here for.

Otherwise, I'd like to say "hi" to each & every undie, but I think I might be coming down with whatever Feeling-good caught, so I'm going to rest a while now.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Get a good night's sleep, Courage!
Old 01-24-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

no need to check with me - these threads are about our lives as much as our recovery.

I am a little worried for you DG - it all still sounds just plain messy to me... but I guess this one of those itches you need to scratch - just be careful, ok?

D
Old 01-24-2014, 10:12 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

You're right that it is messy Dee. The only saving grace is that my crush lives in another state. At last things aren't physical.

I'm a bit of a mess emotionally tonight. My crush stopped responding to any texts this morning and has had his phone off all day. I may be future tripping again, but my something just feels wrong. I don't understand why he would come back in my life to tell me he cares so much about me only to jack me around. I've never liked somebody as well as I like this guy. I'm scared. I'm angry. I'm hurt. I want to crawl inside a very dark place inside myself. But I know I can't let that happen. I've come too far for that.

I hope I can find the strength I need right now.

I am thankful that I am clean and sober. I'm thankful that I'm feeling the pain and not running even if it hurts like crazy. I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for SR. Thankful for my phone so I can post when I need to even when I'm away from my computer. Thankful I can write it out rather than just going crazy thinking.

I hope everything turns out ok.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:13 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope it turns out ok too DG

D
Old 01-24-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. You rock.