Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 27

Old 01-25-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Steve, we know where you belong- here with us, we've missed you.

Dotty, you are already being positive, by getting proactive. Fingers crossed for your job application.

Tanja, I hope you and your boxer both feel better soon, I had a Jack Russell with terrible flea allergies, poor wee thing.

FeelingGood, I hope you are feeling better too, at least you get to celebrate your one year anniversary again!! Lol!!

DG, it's good you are trying to find out how to be stronger in relationships, it took me a heck of a lot longer to figure things out! Make sure you are not too hard on yourself though!

Dee, how are you doing sweetie?

Grace, it is snowing here tonight! We had such a busy day, not so much sight seeing as apartment hunting!! Looked at 6 different places, and really like 2or3 but are reliant on hubby's work to get their corporate finger out and agree to the rents, before all three rent to someone else!

Gilmer, how's the early mornings in McDs going? I used to love the dawn. ( well, still do, just don't see it as often)

BF, how's your weekend going? How's your head?

Drake, how's HRH Olive, still refusing to step out into the cold? Can't say as I blame her!

Carlos, you are such a party animal! Who needs drink with you around!

SJ, how are you doing hon? I hope that AV isn't bothering you.

Courage, what have you been up to lately?

MB, how are you feeling today hon? What's the situation with your new flat? When do you move?

If I forgot anyone, I grovel at your mercy and blame jet lag. Or Burns Night. Or brain freeze. Or sensory overload. Take your pick really, all are relevant!!!
Old 01-25-2014, 06:05 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

Busy as all get out toots, but fine

D
Old 01-25-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
p***enger

Oh man, I wrote this long post & I don't know where it went.

Stevie, it included big lecture on acting as if, behave like you belong and the feeling will follow, blah blah, which I realized after that of course you know -- I'm the one who keeps forgetting it. But the main thing is I'll miss you like hell if you disappear -- I was actually lurking on your profile waiting for when you'd pop up. Please hang here with the undies until we're all, all grown up!
Old 01-25-2014, 07:13 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Checkin in.
Head aches/ and been super tired.
I did get out for a walk this morning tho.

Steve hope you stick around!
Old 01-25-2014, 07:16 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Magsie

Count me in 03.15am Sunday morning
Old 01-26-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Steve, I have also said to myself that I feel like I don't belong at AA meetings. But, then I ask myself if I am an alcoholic and of course the answer is "yes" which follows logically that of course I belong. You are much loved and respected member of this group and you very much belong!
Old 01-26-2014, 05:26 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Haha, Courage I never had you down as a stalker! I'm sure Steve will be quietly chuffed at having his own stalker!

Good to see you Mags, but why up at such an ungodly hour???
Old 01-26-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
p***enger

Toots, part of my lost thread was to ask what you're up to in Boston? And to recommend this place: Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum : Explore. It will be prettier in the late spring, but if you go now, you might have it all to yourself.

Gilmer, many a morning I smile to imagine you posting from MacDonalds. Thanks for being here!

BF, I hope your headaches get better.

MB, please check in with details on your moving plans. I love to hear about other people packing -- so glad it's not me LOL! That's a hard job.

Dorothy, good luck with the opportunity. You make a unique & valuable contribution to this thread, and I'm sure you make important contributions to your world in many other ways that you can't measure. Never stop trying!

DG, I'm glad you spent time with your family. You sound more calm.

Hi Grace, I'm fine, just weaving my way through the world. How're you?

Soberjim, Carlos, Babs, Tanja, Drake, Elseware, Matthew, feeling-good and everyone -- have a great day (or night!)
Old 01-26-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Well, I am feeling more balanced today. Really into my new book, Codependent No More. I've already read more than a quarter of it since last night and will probably finish it soon.

Bf is out of town, so looking forward to a nice Sunday by myself to get some chores done, do some reading, work on me a bit, and relax.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:25 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I need to read back to totally catch up, but:

Stevie, post here, post often...and, details are what we crave!

BF, so hope it is a headache free day! Didn't you say you have health ins...why not see if you can get imatrex (sp?) or something to take that thins blood when you feel it coming on. I think it requires a script.

Courage, the absolute drag of the lost long post...where the heck are they?

Toots, what up, girl? Get rockin some US tales.

Tanja, thank you so much for the excellent post undie grad work that you bless us with!!!

DG, lovin your action driven plan! Read on!!

Hi Mags.

Congrats, FG.

Gracie, thank's for hangin with we Undies too. You complete us.

Dotty P, we are right where we are suppose to be. Just a thought...give the search away to ANY higher power, even a pet rock. Let yourself be guided. Not meaning to offend, just offering an alternative to pull some stress away. Hope your class was peaceful yesterday. Lastly, hum, rich folks here? Just a cross section I guess, like everywhere. However my crossfit partner yesterday is a Saudi Princess. We had a pet rock (a 35lb cow bell) we needed to keep handing back and forth keeping it above our waist the whole workout as we did lunges and squats then keep sharing it on five 400 meter runs. Haha, I had a Princess carry my rock. I'll check to see if she has a brother, but you could end up as one of many wives?

Starting to become sad about leaving on Wednesday. Have some cool final gatherings planned...not the least of which my Wednesday morning tat appt pre flight. Went there to work out final designs yesterday. I promise to post pics when healed.

Gotta split, the beach is calling.

Hope EVERYONE has a great day!

Carlos xx
Old 01-26-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Good morning undies.
Woke up around 5 no headache. I decided to take my dog on an adventure and do some hiking in LA early this morning.
Had some cravings this morning but I really don't want to have another relapse.
And when I got home my cell dropped and cracked the glass on the front screen.

FG congrats on your year sober!!

DG I don't have much relationship advice at all but hope everything works out well.

Here's a pick from this morning
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-1848757498.jpg (50.6 KB, 50 views)
Old 01-26-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Looks beautiful there BF!! Sorry to hear about your phone.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Rats about the phone BF, I scratched mine the first week, and have a 24 month contract! I'm glad the head is better, love the picture and kudos on ignoring the AV

Carlos, no tales just yet, not that I don't have any, just that I seem to be feeling exhausted all the time. It doesn't help that every night hubby sounds like a grizzly bear gargling stoned from a galvanised bucket when he snores! Does Mass have the death penalty? I'm pretty sure it would be justifiable homicide anyway! Keep away from the cruise ships, the novo virus is causing all sorts of problems with one which has come into port there!
I can't wait to see your tatts!

DG. I love how you really push yourself to improve your life, you must feel so much better about yourself than when you drank smoked and smoked!!

Dotty I hope you are feeling better love
You too MB.

Courage thank you for the link, I have nothing planned for tomorrow as yet so I may go to the Gardner Museum. Thank you, that is so thoughtful.

Gilmer, I too smile at the thought of you in McDs in the early hours!

Off to get some tea. Xx
Old 01-26-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Steve you were missed and you truly belong. I hope you're feeling good about sobriety. ANd how is the eating ? I so totally miss the menus! LOL.

Courage, I hope your cold has disappeared.

Thank you all for words of encouragement. The meditation did help forget about my work issues. I guess it does replace a king of higher power. it certainly helped letting go. The teacher says that we need to clean ourselves from all the stuff we keep ingesting, information, talking, browsing, always taking in stuff. And meditation is a form of digestion, way better than sleep, where there too, we dream and toss and "work" in a way. I've been meditating the last 3 years on and off but doing it in a group was very heartwarming and made me feel like I belonged, to use that famous word.

Carlos, it's great that you were able to take so much out of your stay in the virgin islands.

Toots, apartment hunting is so cool. Did you find one with the super tall ceilings, bay windows, the gorgeous Boston brownstones? I adore those. I can just imagine Molly looking out the windows.

BF, thank you for the picture. It's so lovely. Too bad about the cracked screen, I hope it can be replaced for free. And I agree with Carlos, I'd see a doctor about these headaches. If anything, you might want to take notes of when they happened, what time, how, after eating what and so forth. It could help prevent them.

OK, dear undies, I'm going to bed. I wish you all a gorgeous week. To accept the things we can't change and change the things we can.
xox
Old 01-27-2014, 02:27 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

That view is really beautiful, BF! Sorry to hear about your headaches.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:15 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Carlos, Happy Birthday sweetie, ease up on the work out and enjoy your day with all your new friends, just don't forget us old ones back here, freezing our butts off!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (42.7 KB, 31 views)
Old 01-27-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in..

Steve....I know what you sense....sometimes I have the same feeling...
But..I think Dee is right....I think perhaps it is that nagging av voice....if we are isolated we are more vulnerable...mine is very tricky......and I need the connect to SR...

Even though you are over a year......I think you have a permanent place in this thread....

Jim
Old 01-27-2014, 05:51 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Congrats on One Year Feeling-good!!

Had a busy fun weekend in St Louis with family, friends and a concert to review. So have to get writing, been a while since I had an assignment but the season is starting back after holiday breaks.

Steve... once an Undie... always an Undie!
Old 01-27-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Good Morning Undies,

DG - The book you are reading sounds so very interesting. Personally, I feel co-dependency is pretty common for a lot of women. Kudos to you for working on this issue. I hope that you had a nice relaxing day. You deserve it

Carlos - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have wonderful plans for your birthday. It sounded like you had quite the work-out and with a princess to boot! Your 3/4 of a year being sober is close at hand. You truly are an inspiration to us all.

Boozefree - Thank goodness you are headache free. I get headaches frequently and I know how uncomfortable they can be. Wow - up at 5:00 a.m. You are quite the early riser. I absolutely loved your picture. I looked at it and imagined myself on the beach!

Toots - I hope you manage to get some rest. Maybe a nap would help. My husband snores too and that is why we have separate bedrooms! I hope you have a wonderful day sight-seeing.

DP - I am so glad that your meditation class helped relieve your stress. I do try and meditate, but always think I could do better. For me exercise is also a great tool that both energizes me, calms me down and puts me in a better head space.

Sundays meeting went well. The topic was resentment and forgiveness. There were 11 in attendance including myself. Two people could relate to the topic. There was a fair amount of silence which always makes me uncomfortable. There was an interesting share about the correlation in the chips and PAWS. Apparently, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, a year and 18 months are subject to PAWS symptoms. Perhaps, that is why the past two weeks I really haven't been feeling well. My 18 months will be on Wednesday. I was really glad that I heard that information and recognize that I need to any and all precautions to protect my sobriety.

Wishing everyone a peaceful and rewarding Monday.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hooray BF, no headache! Beautiful pic, too. Ditto w/dg on the phone bummer.

Drake, happy for you on the nice weekend and for getting back in swing.

SJ, I'm with you, that voice never takes a break. Yesterday it told me to blow off my meeting in favor of a sunset. Said, hey, all those 5:30 meetings took away all those sunsets, you deserve one tonight. Happy to report that AA mtg won out.

DP, great story on meditation. Treat yourself today. I'm thinking, hum, go for a pedicure.

Hey Tanja, how about a mtg update?

DG, I get a daily reading from Hazelden each day called Today's gift. Today it talked about sobriety being a program of action. Be finished being on the sidelines in life. Engage, help someone, work a step, call a sober friend. Your books seem to be spot on that ACTION philosophy...kudos's!
ONE SEGMENT WAS:
Place me in the middle of life, Higher Power.
Help me be a person of action. When fear says, "Stop!"
Please whisper in my ear, "Go on, go on!"

Toots, thank you for the HB. I did put my workout in my rear view mirror today, went at 6 am. Hanging with my AA buds tonight, then a BD dinner with crossfit gang tomorrow. Tat on Wed morning then heading to Florida...very sad ...but already plotting my island return.

Have a great day undies...don't drink, okay?

Carlos xx