Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 22

Old 12-29-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

He has run away before and we found him against the odds so I tend to panic about him. It's so cold out. I'm about to cough up a lung after running around in the dark in the snow.
Old 12-29-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you found him - running around in the dark and cold was not the best thing for you to be doing right now.

Have a hot drink instead
Old 12-29-2013, 06:33 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee. My husband is home and he is "outraged" with me because he had to leave the party.

This was exhausting and stressful. I'm by myself now eating some soup.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Renarde I totally understand. I'm so glad you found him.

I've thought to myself that at this point the biggest challenge to my sobriety (short of something happening to my daughter or my grandson) is if something happened to my dog.
I know that sounds crazy but it's true. I wouldn't drink but it would take everything I have not to.

You did well. Your husband will just have to deal. You called in his help, and used SR to cope instead of drinking, and your instincts were constructive and also protected your sobriety. Good for you!
Old 12-29-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Glad you found the cat, Renarde! I have had moments like that with my cat(he is gone now). Once was when he crawled into a hole we made in the wall, doing some work on the house, and he could not back out of it. It took awhile to locate him. A wire was running up the middle of the hole and while he was able ot squeeze in past it, reverse was another story! Ugh. So, didn't he go and do it the next day too!

Glad you had soup and did not drink.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:06 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Glad you found the cat!

Cats love cupboards, don't they?
Old 12-29-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

According to my parents I did the same thing to them when I was a baby. I hid in the closet annd stayed there until my parents got desperate and about to call the police.
Then I crawled out drooling and smiling.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:09 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
Thanks LG

I'd love to hear about New Years resolutions...
My New Years resolutions are to exercise regularly, and stay sober, and write daily.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:17 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Originally Posted by EternalQ View Post
Renarde I totally understand. I'm so glad you found him.

I've thought to myself that at this point the biggest challenge to my sobriety (short of something happening to my daughter or my grandson) is if something happened to my dog.
I know that sounds crazy but it's true. I wouldn't drink but it would take everything I have not to.

You did well. Your husband will just have to deal. You called in his help, and used SR to cope instead of drinking, and your instincts were constructive and also protected your sobriety. Good for you!
Yes!! So glad you found your kitty Renarde! My cat is like my child (as I've said before). My mom even calls my kitty her "grandcat" and asks about her regularly.

I get anxious when I have to leave her home alone overnight!

She has gotten out a couple of times when I lived in the suburbs and once in my apartment building. Thankfully, when I call her she comes or if she is too afraid, she stays put and meows when she hears me calling her until I find her.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:37 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EternalQ View Post
Renarde I totally understand. I'm so glad you found him. I've thought to myself that at this point the biggest challenge to my sobriety (short of something happening to my daughter or my grandson) is if something happened to my dog. I know that sounds crazy but it's true. I wouldn't drink but it would take everything I have not to. You did well. Your husband will just have to deal. You called in his help, and used SR to cope instead of drinking, and your instincts were constructive and also protected your sobriety. Good for you!
Disclaimer - just skip all of this if you don't want to read my rambling about pets.

EQ, Thank you so much. You totally get it! I've thought the same thing. I could take on anything except something happening to my babies (human and furry). Thank you so much for the validation. This little mongrel cat has been through so much with me and he has a huge chunk of my heart. He was the first pet I ever got as an adult, in fact husband gave him to me along with my engagement ring the night of our engagement.

Husband is...whatever. He's over his mad phase. I think he secretly loves having something he be holier than thou about and lecture me about. I looked for the cat for over an hour - usually he will come out in a few minutes. He was stuffed in the armoire and his meows were muffled. I admit I panicked, but for crying out loud this cat has almost used up his nine lives. One time he ran away overnight during a thunderstorm and by a miracle we found him. Another time I had a twinge of intuition and went upstairs to find him petrified standing in the middle of the roof, having pushed the screen out of the window. Another time he actually got stuck in the drop ceiling in the basement of a house we lived in as newlyweds, and he also escaped out the front door at our first home. He is declawed and had a heart condition, and we live in a place with wolves, foxes, coyotes, hawks, and even bears on a very rare occasion. It's below 20 degrees. SO of course I panicked about my baby!
Old 12-29-2013, 09:39 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

As always thank you so much friends for your support in my panic situation. I love you guys.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:40 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by workoholic View Post
According to my parents I did the same thing to them when I was a baby. I hid in the closet annd stayed there until my parents got desperate and about to call the police. Then I crawled out drooling and smiling.
I would probably not live through that!!! Your poor parents! Lol
Old 12-30-2013, 02:59 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Glad you found your cat Renarde xx

Feeling lost today back in work but can't stop thinking how different my life is since last new year went to see phantom of the opera with hubby and ex friend. This year I am dealing with eviction notices and possible divorce.

On the plus side I have found a good friend started back swimming got interested in trying yoga and meditation and have mostly been sober last 4 months.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:46 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

My four legged furry kids have my heart, too. Glad you found your cat, Renarde!

Tallia- remember what Kane always tells us, stay in the present moment. I think your sobriety is monumental!! Try not to dwell on the past. Our memories have a funny way of only remembering the good stuff. Keep on track Tallia I think something really great is waiting for you

Ugh, I think I have the Monday blues. Sure wish I could go back to bed. But that is simply not an option!

Ok folks. We have one more holiday to get through! What are everyone's sober plans for tomorrow night? I am planning a quiet evening at home with the family. Games, movies and snacks. No booze. We were invited to a party but we declined.

Have a great sober day

Last edited by kellbell123; 12-30-2013 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Typos darn auto correct!!
Old 12-30-2013, 04:21 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Made 4 months today not easy and sometimes I wonder why when a little drink would take the pain away. But I need to be grateful I have two grown children and I am making my peace with them, two dogs, ajob somewhere warm and dry to live my aa friends and im sober. I need to remember this.
renarde glad you found your cat nothing worse than loosing a friend.
im not making new years resolutions just going to live in the day and do the best I can.
im glad to be going into 2014 sober with my september friends. With each others help we can do this.
who is first to enter 2014. ?
Old 12-30-2013, 04:41 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

sometimes I wonder why when a little drink would take the pain away.
Did it really tho Lommey?
or did it just bring more pain in the long run?

Congrats on four months - don't let the lies get ya

D
Old 12-30-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 4 months Iommy brilliant going xx

I understand what you mean when you say about drinking a little to ease the pain it's been a rough 4 months for you too ((((hugs)))). It won't help though just make things worse.

One of the main things I been pondering is whether the cracks were already there last new year but I was too drunk or hungover to see them. Just content in my alcohol bubble to notice what was going on around me.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Dee and Kane be first into 2014 then us Europeans the our friends from the other side of the pond xx
Old 12-30-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

LOMMEY: 4 MONTHS ! FANTASTIC GOING !! YOU HAVE SOBER MUSCLES MADE OF TITANIUM !!!

I am full of admiration for you, Lommey ! You have demonstrated such incredibly strong will and resolution in spite of your struggles. Kudos to you !!

Old 12-30-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tallia View Post
Dee and Kane be first into 2014 then us Europeans the our friends from the other side of the pond xx
I'll pip in before Dee as he's from the North and they are a bit slower than us Southern folks