Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 22

Old 12-30-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Br00ksie View Post
My New Years resolutions are to exercise regularly, and stay sober, and write daily.
Br00ksie

These sound pretty good ! It must be tough to exercise in winter. I've been in NYC in December and that was cold enough for me !
Old 12-30-2013, 05:01 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Renarde

Glad to hear that you find your kitty. Must have been a huge relief for you !
Old 12-30-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kellbell123 View Post

Ok folks. We have one more holiday to get through! What are everyone's sober plans for tomorrow night? I am planning a quiet evening at home with the family. Games, movies and snacks. No booze. We were invited to a party but we declined.
My oldest girl is hosting a NYE party for her friends. Unfortunately, she is of legal age and hence we cant ban alcohol completely. Having said that, I am going to be a very nasty door b*tch for the evening
Old 12-30-2013, 05:24 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tallia View Post
One of the main things I been pondering is whether the cracks were already there last new year but I was too drunk or hungover to see them. Just content in my alcohol bubble to notice what was going on around me.
Tallia

I believe alcohol places a layer over problems, especially relationships. I am also finding out the hard way over the past 6 weeks. Without the drink, these problems become exposed with nowhere to hide. I dont think they simply occur overnight. Also, I dont believe that drinking created these problems. Drinking may have exacerbated it or vice -versa, i.e., the problem caused the drinking. Either way, the fundamental issues would have always been there irrespective of alcohol.

As for where you are right now, the Chinese have a popular proverb which I think makes a lot of sense: *********痛***************************痛

Essentially, it says that suffering acute pain for a short time is better than suffering mild pain for a long time.

The tough part is putting that into practice !
Old 12-30-2013, 05:24 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I think we have escaped party invitations for New year's Eve. Yay! One friend who usually asks us over, always very last minute, simply to her being that way, not because we are last on her list. she throws the party together in 12-24 hours, lol. Well, her hubby has a gig, so I know they will be out. Their party was very tame last couple of times anyway. I am just tired and wanting to be a hermit. We could go where he is playing, but it is usually too far, and I like to include our children in New Year's eve. If we can. They are excited for it. Maybe movie, games, fun food, like apptizers/snacky things. I will posible go to bed before midnight! Maybe.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:31 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Kaneda, your words ring very true for me and my issues.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:15 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I basically blew it I had a four day binge the week of Christmas passed out a couple different times. Checked into the hospital Thursday afternoon to have my heart cath on Friday they ended up replacing two stints that I had put in 2005 I got to go home Saturday morning. I'm still sore the procedure doesn't hurt too bad when you're done this 250 pound man sticks his elbow in your crotch to stop the bleeding hollering at you hold still how can I hold still you have your elbow in my crotch. I have been super depressed since my slip I should have checked in here but I just been lurking. I am ashamed of my constant failures of sobriety. I hope everyone is well.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Just saw this on Facebook, and it struck me. I need to hear this in my life more often. Maybe we all do? so sharing...

Old 12-30-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

So sorry you've had a rough time this last week Fish
What triggered the bender? Was it Christmas dinners?
Old 12-30-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by workoholic View Post
So sorry you've had a rough time this last week Fish
What triggered the bender? Was it Christmas dinners?
The most accurate answer is I am a hopeless alcoholic. .
Old 12-30-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Fish.

What about rehab? Still on the table?
Old 12-30-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

No you're not. You wouldn't be here if you were
We're glad you're back here in the forum.
Apart from the the feeling of guilt and the coronary angiography and that groin compression, are you ok?

You can do it Fish! We all can
Old 12-30-2013, 10:18 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Fish alcoholic yes hopeless no
kaneda love the chinese proverb
Old 12-30-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Tallia View Post
One of the main things I been pondering is whether the cracks were already there last new year but I was too drunk or hungover to see them. Just content in my alcohol bubble to notice what was going on around me.
Tallia, if you are talking about husband and his girlfriend - I might offer this. ALL marriages have challenges, problems....cracks. It is a push-me-pull-me of issues, conflict sometimes, negotiation, agreements, disagreements, things that need work.....there is no marriage on the face of this earth that is perfect. That "happily ever after" fantasy doesn't exist IMO. Marriage is work!

If you are feeling like you should have seen it coming ~ well, that's a game in your head that will drive you crazy. Your spouse is supposed to be the one person on earth you CAN trust....but human beings aren't perfect, and neither is he.

Sounds like you have lots of good stuff going on for 2014!
Old 12-30-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting that Rochele!
Old 12-30-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

(((Fish))) I really missed you. I'm so glad you are back.

You're not a hopeless alcoholic, anymore than the rest of us. You're an alcoholic who feels hopeless. There is a difference.

You have to do something different this time.

What are your reasons for not going to rehab?

I know you want sobriety.

Hang in there with us man. Keep posting.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

UI, I bet you're lurking. Come back to us friend.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I hope everybody else made it through the holidays I wish I was here to help. Is uninvited also missing?
Old 12-30-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

UI has not been posting. I do know he said his family would be in town. Not sure for how long, but it may have been a week. I hope he is just busy.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
I hope everybody else made it through the holidays I wish I was here to help. Is uninvited also missing?
You are not alone in drinking, Fish. I fessed up to a bad drinking binge on Saturday. my brother came with his family and I was tired, and very tense and when the gals had some wine, I hopped right on that ride. Then, later got into a whole bottle on my own. Bleh. I saw it coming, even posted, but got caught up in it.

We are alcoholics. It is what we do unless we get sober.

I am still trying. How about you? Bottom line for me is my health totally rides on it in several areas. I think you and I share that, Fish. Diabetes, liver issues. Not good for longevity, ya know? My kids are too young.