# 2 (permalink)  

Me first!
Old 12-28-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL hope everyone gets well soon Renarde
Old 12-28-2013, 01:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for the love guys. I'm doing a bit better today. I'm taking meds around the clock as opposed to here and there and I feel much better. I had some great quality time with my mom today so that is good.

LG, you sound really different about sobriety. I wonder if that was your bottom. It sounds so, so miserable. I think for those of us who were/are so high functioning and haven't lost anything major or had relationships affected, physical effects are a big eye opener. I could not deny that liver pain and constant nausea and you can't deny the serious physical hell you went through this week, just as Rochele can't deny what happened to her related to the drinking. In every system we have studied so far there have been snippets here and there about how heavy alcohol intake is damaging. It has really started to freak me out and I don't want to damage my body anymore.

I love hearing that you want alcohol out of your life and nothing seems more important right now.

I had this thought pop in my head a few days ago when I was thinking about some events coming up - There is nothing that can or will make me drink anymore. I just can't think of anything realistic that would make me pick up. I just can't think of anything that is worth it. This is a huge change for me mentally.

I now have a lot of fears related to alcohol. I'm afraid of the effects on my liver. I'm afraid of the hangover - how did I live with that on a daily basis? I'm afraid of my reduced tolerance - I have NO idea what my response would be - what I would do and how I would react - because 4 months is the longest I've been without alcohol since I was 16. I'm afraid of morning after guilt. I'm afraid of throwing out my day count which has kept me hanging on many times. I'm afraid of reaction from my family. I don't want to have to come here and fess up. I'm afraid of gaining that weight back! I'm afraid of what it will do to my health conditions. I'm afraid of spending all of that money. I'm afraid of not being so productive - I have been more productive in the last four months than I ever have before.

I am getting to the point where I have more obvious reasons NOT to drink than to drink.

whoever said that the bloom is off the rose - I LOVE that. Now that we all know we have problems and we want sobriety to some degree, drinking will never ever be the same.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
LOL hope everyone gets well soon Renarde
Thank you Dee! I just washed down my cough syrup with some Godiva chocolate. That might be the magic potion! Haha
Old 12-28-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi renarde glad your feeling better.
I dont want to drink but im so unsettled I can get thoughts of my ex and his lies out of my head. I've been to 2 aa meetings today ive given over to my hp ive prayed for them butvi can't stop thinking. I know drinking wont help but I need some peace in my head
Old 12-28-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm trying to get back into meditation again Lommey - I recommend it for peace of mind - there's a lot of free guided and unguided meditation links out there.

D
Old 12-28-2013, 03:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Can you exercise? Brisk walk? Aerobics? Are there any yoga studios around - could you drop in for a beginners class? Is there a place anywhere with an indoor pool?
Old 12-28-2013, 03:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lommey View Post
Hi renarde glad your feeling better.
I dont want to drink but im so unsettled I can get thoughts of my ex and his lies out of my head. I've been to 2 aa meetings today ive given over to my hp ive prayed for them butvi can't stop thinking. I know drinking wont help but I need some peace in my head
Can you write them out? The thoughts.
get them out of your mind xx
Old 12-28-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks thoughts get worse when I tryvto sleep and I wake up in the early hours. I keep busy all day maybe some meditation before bed might work . Never done mediation before anyone recomend anything
Old 12-28-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Can you write them out? The thoughts. get them out of your mind xx
Good idea! Nice to see you in here lady.

Can you make some popcorn or some other guilty treat and watch TV or movies?
Old 12-28-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Lorelei really good to see you here I just read the post on my tablet and didnt see who it was from xxxx
Old 12-28-2013, 03:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lommey View Post
Thanks thoughts get worse when I tryvto sleep and I wake up in the early hours. I keep busy all day maybe some meditation before bed might work . Never done mediation before anyone recomend anything
Yes - AM/PM Meditation DVD
http://m.gaiam.com/on/demandware.sto...ow?pid=91-0224

I bet you could download it on iTunes!
Old 12-28-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I just checked and you can definitely get it on iTunes! Also AM/PM yoga is nice too.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Looking at that now hope your all getting better
Old 12-28-2013, 04:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you! I have a lot of yoga suggestions too if you are interested. It's slow going but I'm still alive. LOL
Old 12-28-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Lorelei, lovely to see you posting here !

Lommey, yes do try meditation. For me, I only realised the benefits of meditation if I dont practice it. I tend not to be as calm or at peace. Kinda weird. The iTunes app I use is called Insight Timer, you can get the free or paid version. BUt it is mainly a timer. I would suggest that you try Renarde's suggestion first.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Kaneda I use insightimer too.
It also has free guided meditations on it for those new to meditation.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm always in here just don't usually post lol xx
Old 12-28-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Bed and some mediation for me now. Thank you for your help will let you know tomorrow how I got on nite all x