last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-20-a-20.html

D
Old 12-05-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shotgun
Old 12-05-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm a pistachio. I don't know why. I just think they are cute. Or Mr. Peanut. He's pretty swag too.

It's freaking freezing out. I hope my car starts. I need a new battery. $165 one. When did flipping car batteries get that expensive?? I've had cars cheaper than that. I hate spending money on that kind of stuff. I know its a must but I still don't like it.

All I can think about is I'm so lucky I can just throw on some super warm comfy clothes, put my hair up, and wear my uggs and go to work. I may never work at a job again where I have to dress up. This is fantastic. I'm looking forward to not being the new girl so I can just wear my workout clothes and then go to the gym over lunch. Right now everyone pays attention to what I wear so I have to pay attention. You know how you reach that point at work where you couldn't tell anyone what someone wore that day including yourself? Not there yet but soon. Can't wait.

Everyone have a great day or night!

xoxo
Old 12-05-2013, 05:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm a cashew. I think they've got lots of good flavor. But I found out that they're also related to poison ivy, so that's a negative.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good Morning--Maybe I'll be a Wall nut----Sometimes you feel like a nut -----sometimes you don't. There!!! how's that for Thursday humor?
Have a great day everyone. LT--hope your feeling better.
Lovin life and a Big Hug to all of you Marchers.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Did I miss something from the other thread? Why are we being nuts -- if you get my drift?

Life I can believe those temperatures, it's 12C this morning, it's December. I blame North entirely, he's flipped the world upside down.

HAve a good and sober day peeps.
Old 12-05-2013, 12:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I don't know where it came from either Marcher I just jumped in. ha ha
Old 12-05-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Wehav said she was a nut and that her whole family is nuts.

But of course we're all nuts. That's why we're here. So I'm an almond. I go great with chocolate.

Marcher - I appreciate the offer for recipes, but surprisingly, I have my own. That's right. I can actually cook! I was laid off in 2009 during the recession and my old firm gave me a huge severance package so I took some time off. Bad news: that's when I started drinking more. Good news: I taught myself how to cook! I do not bake though so I may need some bread tips.

Oh. And it was 16C (60F) here in Philly today. In December. Hah!

Shoes - you are making me jealous about your casual attire. But I can't complain, considering I'm logged on to my company computer (not the one I'm typing on because I don't want them tracking me; I know they do it) and I'm in sweatpants in my bed. But alas, this is all temporary. Once the pain dies down, I'll be back at my desk soon enough with my stupid fancy clothes.

You want to hear something crazy? I hate shoes. I have one pair of sneakers that I wear until they fall apart and then I buy another. But for work, I have 12 pairs of expensive leather shoes. 12 pairs! It's ridiculous. But each pair serves a purpose. Shoes for rain. Shoes for snow. Shoes for court. Brown shoes. Black shoes. Shoes for the office. Shoes for work parties. Shoes for client meetings.

Too many shoes. And now, I have permission to wear my sneakers to work too. Hah. Screw you fancy shoes. Not you Shoes, the person. I mean the inanimate objects that clog my closet and serve as a constant reminder of excess spending.

Back to work on my other laptop. Then a nap and a movie.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

DD, you have more shoes than I do!
Old 12-05-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

haha on the nut thing, glad it took off! well ethnically I'm a pistachio too. Sicilians loooove their pistachios! and I happen to love cashews for the same reason that gilmer is apprehensive about them. poison ivy is a very underestimated and underappreciated plant. of course I'm a ticked off as the next person if I manage to get it on me...

so the unclaimed nut that comes to mind for me then is the burr oak acorn. it's strong, full of flayva but less bitter than the other acorns, and it's got GREAT hair. (the cap is all fringy - J and I call it the Tina Turner oak.) I made flour from burr oak acorns last year and they made killer pancakes.

dd, I have to admit I gasped a little when you said you hated shoes, then I realized you meant the footwear. you have more shoes than I do, too! I classify them the exact same way you do, though. Tennies (don't wear to work), river sandals (can't wear to work, boo), regular hiking boots, summer hiking boots, winter hiking boots (burly backpacker boots), and "big girl shoes" (my one pair of dressy shoes for everything from big girl meetings/presenations to special dinners to weddings). yikes, I'm becoming Imelda marcos!

babs, love your walnut. :-)

marcher, sorry the weather is making you grumpy. I'm sure it's not the wonder of Christmas making you grumpy... ;-)

feeling a little bit better today. had a meeting with my boss this morning and noticed I was being a bit of a pill. so I apologized for being grumpy. then for no apparent reason, I started to cry a little. I'm lucky I have a cool boss. a cool boss who LOVES j, that's a bonus.

joygirl, if you happen to check in on here, I'm thinking of you and sending you good vibes as you do what you gotta do. (((((((((((((((joy)))))))))))))))
Old 12-05-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Uh. 12 pairs of shoes is not a lot of shoes. That's all I'm saying about that.

No I'm not. I can't stop myself.

12 pairs is what you have in just shades of brown.
Dark brown, medium brown, tan, camel, light brown, cocoa brown, beige, then you throw in style assortments in every shade of brown.. suede, patented leather, worn leather, new leather, boots, shoe boots, knee high boots, skinny jean boots, pumps, peep toe pumps, stilettos, kitten heels, Mary Janes, Uggs, engineering boots, flats, loafers, ballerina.

Don't get me started on purses, scarves, hats, or gloves.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey peeps, I've lived through the oddest couple of hours. You may or may not remember that Mr Marcher went for some surgery Monday last week? Well yeah we have a result, a not good result, he has early stage prostate cancer. He will probably outlive the cancer but it's god awful strange -- thank god I've been sober for months. I felt I wanted to to come and tell you.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

There are only 3 types of footwear, sandals, flip-flops and dive fins, anything else is work related uniforms and don't count!
Old 12-05-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey Marcher - the prostate cancer is slow growing? Are they doing "watchful waiting"? Most men get this type of cancer if we live long enough, and for most it is not the cause of death. My brother-in-law had his removed because he was a bit young when diagnosed. If he had been older, they probably would not have done anything.

PS Sorry I flipped the globe, but it had to be done.

Boots, Waders, Sneakers, Dress Shoes - 4 pairs

Today was bitterly cold but sunny and I spent a lot of time outside during the daylight hours - felt good. Sleep is STILL elusive for me...

Wishing all a good night or good morning as the case may be.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Okay. This winter sh*t sucks.

I'm am bored out of my mind. It is frightingly apparent and clear to me what I entertained myself with last year. I must have drank every single night! Now that I don't...nothing! A big fat nothing to do blah the weather sucks blah nothing.

I don't want to drink but I'm telling you. There is a big empty activity hole going on here.

I know. I know. There is plenty to do. I will figure it out. I'm just shocked at how when the winter hit I feel like this. Wasn't ready for that one. I'm really cold all the time so maybe it's the missing drinking something that warms me up.

I'm stocking up on some diet apple cider or something. I'm kind of burned out on tea. Can't drink hot cocoa all the time. Any suggestions on a nice low cal hot beverage?

I'm going to be careful until I adjust. I ain't fooling myself. There's plenty to do and plenty of nice hot non alcoholic drinks to keep me warm but I can see where the boredom needs to get addressed.

I will contemplate my next move. How to lay low at home and not get bored.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope the prognosis will be excellent for your hubby, Marcher

D
Old 12-05-2013, 07:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey Marcher! Sorry I was blabbing about stupid stuff the same time you posted.

Early stage is good news in this! My dad had early stage and I have 2 friends husbands who had early stage. Everybody is just fine. My dad's doctor told me that most men get this if they live long enough. Hear that guys?? Get your PSA levels checked regularly!

I'm sorry about the news. It's still hard and scary. Hang in there. I hope Mr Marcher is handling it okay. Doctors will get him fixed up good as new.

((Hug))
Old 12-05-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Marcher, Sorry about the news, hopefully it's early enough and treatment will be minimal.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

((((((((((((((((((marcher))))))))))))))))))))))))
(((((((((((((((mr. marcher))))))))))))))))))))))
sorry sweetie. I'm sure that even though the prognosis is great, it's tough news to hear. hang in there. so glad you don't want to drink, too. i used to think i would do my best to stay sober but give myself a pass if something bad happens. now i think the best thing we have to get us through tough stuff is a level, sane mind. and drinking is gonna make my mind far from level and quite insane.

shoes, what language were you speaking in that first post? i have a sister who is really religious and i think that's what they call "speaking in tongues."

I'm sorry you feel the winter blahs. you have described exactly why i have quit drinking 4 times and not one. twice i made it into September, last year into November. but i always felt that slump of the seasons changing to longer nights and colder days and i get into a total funk too. by some miracle we are both going strong, grrrl. you can do it. go shoe shopping and speak in tongues about it. take a nice winter hike. sounds insane, i know, but it's invigorating. don't wear heels, though, your feet will freeze. do you go to a gym? that might help. I'm thinking that painting all my walls sun yellow might be in order ;-). j would love that one. actually, she'd probably be cool with it. hmmmmmmm.

ken, I'm with you on the sandals. i would wear them morning noon and night if i could. my river sandals are very nice looking, i have cheated and worn them to restaurants before. when i go home to California i only bring two pairs of socks. one is to sleep in, the other is for the big girl shoes on Christmas day. the rest of the time I'm in the river sandals or barefoot. don't even bring hiking boots, hike in the sandals. man, can't wait to go home in two weeks for that!
Old 12-05-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Marcher - so sorry about your husband's diagnosis. I've unfortunately become accustomed to getting bad medical news from routine stuff. It hits you like a ton of bricks. But I'm glad things were caught early. Thoughts and prayers will be with both of you as you guys start to navigate this.

I'm starting to have withdrawal symptoms from my pain killer taper. I stepped down to 10mg of oxy today. A week ago, I was on 60mg. Three weeks ago, I was on morphine every 3 hours, plus oxycontin 3 times a day. This sucks. Definitely not as bad as alcohol. But it's bringing back some crazy memories of rehab. The good news? I have a bottle of pills I need to get through my taper sitting on my nightstand next to me with no urge to take more than prescribed. Just like with alcohol, I know that taking a pill now will not help anything, and instead, just delay the detox.

One day at a time.