Notices

Class of September 2013 - Part 18

Old 11-28-2013, 03:48 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Good evening all

I just finished having a meeting with an association which was held in a pub. I completely forget the venue and only realised when my friend drove us there. Imagine a room filled with alcohol and a dozen boisterous men. It's the first time I have been in a pub since I stopped drinking. The alcohol didnt bother me at all. In fact, while I was conscious of the fact that everyone was drinking, the booze barely registered with me. I felt nothing but indifference.

So, what I draw from this is the fact that I am thankful to my recovery program and to all here in this class for giving me the strength and serenity to stay sober and not have any temptation.

Oh, and it helped that the main presenter had a live snake as a distraction

My gratitude to all

Old 11-28-2013, 03:55 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks for the race wishes! Up and at 'em I guess. Been lying here for the past hour awake, because of my husband's snoring. Time to rise, shine, and get some warm running gear on. It's below freezing at the moment. Yikes!

Rochele... I think you and I need to come up with creative ways to either ignore the snoring or get it to stop! At least I didn't have to sleep downstairs like Sunday night haha.

See ya later!!! Hopin' to finish, not going for time!
Old 11-28-2013, 03:57 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Great share Kaneda! Hi 1stepup!
Old 11-28-2013, 03:58 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good luck Newleaf ! You'll warm up within the first 10 mins !
Old 11-28-2013, 03:58 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm grateful for my sobriety this morning! Yesterday was a hard day. My old normal routine wold have been to drink while I prepared food for our feast today. I was feeling pretty low and on the verge of buying beer when I was at the store. My hubby actually helped me out yesterday. He said 'honey you have been doing so good. You know you can't drink' simple words but I did snap out of it. The best part is waking up this morning without a hangover!

I am also grateful for my 3 wonderful children. My hubby. All the interviews I'm having. And this group. My sober family who understands me in ways very few others do . The folks I turn to everyday to remind why being sober is a beautiful experience!

I wish each of you a beautiful and sober day!
Old 11-28-2013, 04:02 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
Good evening all

I just finished having a meeting with an association which was held in a pub. I completely forget the venue and only realised when my friend drove us there. Imagine a room filled with alcohol and a dozen boisterous men. It's the first time I have been in a pub since I stopped drinking. The alcohol didnt bother me at all. In fact, while I was conscious of the fact that everyone was drinking, the booze barely registered with me. I felt nothing but indifference.

So, what I draw from this is the fact that I am thankful to my recovery program and to all here in this class for giving me the strength and serenity to stay sober and not have any temptation.

Oh, and it helped that the main presenter had a live snake as a distraction

My gratitude to all

This is so awesome Kane! You inspire me and I am so grateful fir your posts that are always filled with wisdom! So proud of you!
Old 11-28-2013, 04:03 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Good luck on your run NewLeaf! Wow! You will get to eat mounds of food today with zero guilt! Lol

Last edited by kellbell123; 11-28-2013 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 11-28-2013, 04:06 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hey fish you got your butt on the smoker yet?
Old 11-28-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kellbell123 View Post
Hey fish you got your butt on the smoker yet?
My butt is smoking hot....
Old 11-28-2013, 04:31 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Lol fishy
Old 11-28-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Kane we were talking about Turkey when that's not enough food we stuff a chicken inside of a duck and then the duck into the turkey... quite creative the Turducken.

turducken.jpg
Old 11-28-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving all!

I am grateful for all of you here and the unconditional support I have received. Truly.

I am also gateful for the most awesome and amazing children in the world, Renarde, lol. ;0 really, I love my kids. They rock.

Grateful for my husband, who helps tons around the house, and hopefully will this morning, by finding the bottom of the dining room table for me, lol. Never got to that, lol.

Grateful for a very comfortable life, good food, and all the choices we have in our life. Many people do not have anything, including freedom, shelter, or food. I truly do appreciate that we have these basic things, and I think of it often.

Having a cup of coffee and a bit of breakfast then time to make the stuffing, so it cools by the time I put the bird in the oven.

Right now, I feel no desire to drink, but see hubby got a nice Reisling to go with the turkey. Sigh... But seriously no desire at the moment. Of course I never want to drink in the morning, lol.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:10 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

New Leaf, dress warm and good luck with the race!

Kaneda, I am sorry you are injured again! Rest, ice, elevation, compression. I hope it comes back quickly.

Enjoy your rubbed butt, Fish!

UI, looking forward to hearing how your mystery turkey parts turned out. And how you liked dessert!

Kellbell, Melina, Brooksie, Lillian, Grace, And everyone, as I am sure I am forgetting some: Have a great Thanksgiving.

And for all the folks overseas wishing us well, thank you and have a great evening/night!

Dee, thanks for all your constant support.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving. I opened up the Turkey package and it basically looks like a regular turkey with the legs and wings cut off. Still gigantic at almost 7 pounds and I'm trying to figure out why the hell I bought something so big. I also don't have the proper racks and such to cook it on. Us bachelors don't really need cooking racks very often (or ever until now). So it's just laying in a baking dish for the next 4 hours and we will see how terrible it comes out.

I'm going to spend most of my day writing a report for the court on one of the families I volunteer with. It's always a lot of work and a difficult line to walk in writing that the parents are dirtballs and shouldn't be trusted with puppies or kittens let alone children, but in the nicest way possible so as not to make them too angry at me.

I'm grateful for my sobriety and for this wonderful class. Have a great day.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

UI, 4 hours might be long. My 15 pounder is supposed to be about 3.5 hours. Just sayin'. Do you have a thermometer? 170ish is done.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good morning, friends! This thread is moving so fast!

I am thankful for this group in ways that I can't put into words. I guess it's the family analogy. You all are like the ideal family! No one ever says anything that is less than encouraging, and that is exactly what I have needed these past three months. But I know you all are speaking from a place of sincerity, which is just amazing. Thank you, all of you, for sharing yourselves and for helping me become a better person.

NewLeaf, I am in awe of you! I hope the race goes well and that you finish strong. You are my idol!

Kane, maybe I should throw a few snakes on the dinner table to keep me distracted this afternoon. It just might work.....

Fish, I hope your butt is the stuff of dreams.

UI, enjoy your feast. I am sure it will be delicious. And good luck writing that report. You are a blessing to those kids.

Lommey, Renarde, Talia, Rochele, Melina, Brooksie, KellBell, Plenny, and anyone who I missed, hugs to all. Have wonderful day, whether you are celebrating or not!

xoxoxox
Old 11-28-2013, 07:02 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hmmm, have started feeling a bit off. Been having some heartburn and feeling off for a day or two, and today think maybe I am a bit sick. Figures. I was attributing it to sampling sugary and wheat laden treats. Maybe that is it, but not feeling awesome.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Good morning lovely friends. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:08 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving friends!

Ok so I did the dirty work:

Hashed things out with my sister
Made up with my husband (he always chooses to be difficult when I need him most)
Going to have an appetizer with our landlady, then headed to my best friend's place for turkey and family time!

Could it be? I will spend this holiday in a place I actually want to be, with the people I am truly thankful for in my life?? With all the drama sorted out?? This is incredible! This is a first.

I know my friend is expecting drama because I always come with a ton of baggage especially on the holidays. But not this time!!.

I have very few responsibilities for the meal this year. Just mashed potatoes and cheese plate. I used to get cooked before the turkey was, so it's good I don't have that association this time.

We are also delivering our gift to our niece, a big ink wash drawing I made especially for her room. My husband made a custom frame for it and it is beautiful!

I'm also volunteering to be the designated driver so I feel really good about that.

Time to put on my turkey dress and arrange the stinky cheese plate!
Old 11-28-2013, 08:40 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Happy Thanksgiving friends!

Ok so I did the dirty work:

Hashed things out with my sister
Made up with my husband (he always chooses to be difficult when I need him most)
Going to have an appetizer with our landlady, then headed to my best friend's place for turkey and family time!

Could it be? I will spend this holiday in a place I actually want to be, with the people I am truly thankful for in my life?? With all the drama sorted out?? This is incredible! This is a first.

I know my friend is expecting drama because I always come with a ton of baggage especially on the holidays. But not this time!!.

I have very few responsibilities for the meal this year. Just mashed potatoes and cheese plate. I used to get cooked before the turkey was, so it's good I don't have that association this time.

We are also delivering our gift to our niece, a big ink wash drawing I made especially for her room. My husband made a custom frame for it and it is beautiful!

I'm also volunteering to be the designated driver so I feel really good about that.

Time to put on my turkey dress and arrange the stinky cheese plate!
I'm so happy to read this, Plenny. Hashing things out with your sister and making up with your husband ... what a huge step and a wonderful way to start the holidays. Wow.

AND everything else you're doing is so focused on the POSITIVE.

Enjoy your day!