Notices

Class of July 2013 Pt 7

Old 11-19-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I procrastinate. Even now that I'm not drinking anymore.
I try to get a lot done,but mostly things that I enjoy doing.
And that mostly has to do with being outside. It's probably cause my job has me in a small office almost all day.So when I get home I'll get the dog ready for a walk.

I need to make a list of things I want to get done and try to cross some off.
Not that I want to do these things. I'm mostly bored and know that,for me,it's a BIG trigger wanting to drink.

And yes,even at almost 4 months now I'll occasionally get a dumb idea that having a couple would be Ok. I'm very thankful that I don't get these cravings all that often.

Croissant,
You've found a new place to live without any issues.
I'm sure you'll do just fine if you need to move on from your job.
I think it's very inspiring how you've taken the bull by the horns in your life, instead of taking just the bull.

Wendy,
I hope you get some rest tonight. Maybe it's the full moon causing your trouble with sleeping. You know what they say about full moons.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:44 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hiya Bob ...nah him still awake lol ...

Hey !!! I've just learnt how to attach pics ..yippeeeee :-)
It's my daughters 22nd birthday today xx
Old 11-19-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

image.jpg

Woohoooo i did it lol this is a blast from the past , my daughter is 22 today .
Old 11-19-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Oh, how cool is that.
I was just going to say that I can't see some pictures while at work. But, I can see this one.
Very pretty young lady and what a cutie with a big smile.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Lol ta Bob ... I'm very preggers in this , my 2nd daughter was born the day after this pic was taken . Xx

Still hearing that damn mozzie ...grrrrr
Old 11-19-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Yes,you have that glow about you.
Ok, what is a mozzie?lol
Old 11-19-2013, 12:39 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
Yes,you have that glow about you.
Ok, what is a mozzie?lol
A tall, dark, handsome, man.

(Unfortunately not!!! :P)
I'll leave you to explain, Snoozy!

Thanks for your kind words, and encouragement, Bob.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Snoozy, love the pic of you and your daughter. Yes, dying to know what a mozzie is too?!

Ahh, procrastination = my middle name. I was hoping this would get better once I stopped drinking, but it is still an issue.

Croissant, sorry you are unhappy with your job. I know how missrable that can be. I was very unhappy with my last job and it started to affect every aspect of my life. Just not with it. Hopefully, you can find something you enjoy.

Oh, and don't even get me started on sweets/sugar I need to throw away our Halloween candy before I gain 10 lbs and lose all my teeth!
Old 11-19-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Meant just not worth it, not with it
Old 11-19-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

A mozzie is an annoying , blood sucking , mosquito .

That's what we call them in Australia
Old 11-19-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hit 'em high hit 'em low, Snoozy....

D
Old 11-19-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hahaha D :-) xx
Old 11-19-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hit 'em high hit 'em low, Snoozy....

D
I'm way too young to know what on earth you are talking about.

*ahem*

Thanks too ladybug, yep. Will apply for jobs....focus on getting through the next month or so there. Send out positive vibes. Just needed to get my head straight....and right out of procrastination. SUCH a hangover from drinking days....pardon the pun.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:15 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
A mozzie is an annoying , blood sucking , mosquito .

That's what we call them in Australia
Oh, we call them politicians here.
Sorry, just tired. Figured I would check in and say goodnight to all my classmates.
Yall have a nice night.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

for the non Aussies that was a famous catchphrase from a local Pea Beu flyspray ad from my youth...
D
Old 11-19-2013, 10:44 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Thank you snoozy for your post I'm doing fine, wow time just goes by so fast. I'm on day something something in just not going to count anymore. Starting to turn the corner of this slump.
Four months isn't a long time and it took a lot of energy just to get to this point makes me realize how serious this problem is and how bad it could get. Just have to bring my A game and be on top if it but it is getting easier.

Nice to read everyone's post. Hope everyone is doing great. Happy Festmas to everyone.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Snoozy, that is a lovely pic of you and your daughter! We call them mozzies here too, in Canada.

I'm really struggling, binge eating for the last 3 nights. I eat an ice-cream bar, then I don't know how many sweet granola bars. I just keep getting up and going to the cupboard for yet another one, more and more. I know what I'm doing, I just can't seem to stop myself.

It's like the beast is like Hydra, that mythical beast, you cut off one head, then two grow back. I'm so sick of myself. I was doing much better, I thought, now this has replaced the booze. I'm waking up feeling like I'm hungover, and I'm sweating through the night, like when I was drinking.

I'm bored and lonely and I hate getting old. Going to be 56 soon, no plans for my birthday, and I'm going to be alone on Christmas, all my friends are out of town with their families.
I don't know what to do with myself, but I've got to address the sugar binge problem. I won't drink though, but the work and effort that I've put in seems futile right now.

I went to my acting class, didn't enjoy it, don't really see the point of the whole exercise.

I'll do a search on here about binge eating when you stop drinking, maybe I'll get some tips. I just feel so very disappointed, I really thought I was making progress, seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi Croissant,

I really feel for you with regard to your work situation. It sounds like it's a daily struggle for you. Good luck with your job search.
I got to hate my former work, I had to quit, but now I'm at loose ends without meaningful work/contribution opportunities, and yes, a secure financial base, it all worries me.

I admire that despite your distress with your work, you're determined not to drink, that's great, good for you!
Old 11-20-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I do a bit of binge eating at night.
My routine starts with a cup of trail mix.
Then I move onto a large bowl of popcorn.
Sometimes I'll even indulge in some ice cream.
And then before bed a cup of tea.

Think about it Leshar. Winter is moving in now and it's not all that uncommon to be bored already. We were drinking so much in the past that we were probably numb to how boring being stuck inside can really be.

The trick to making it through winter has to be to replace the drinking with some other activity. Maybe you could do some research online for some night classes for something you're interested in. I'm a member of a rather large club that involves salt water fish tanks. So during the winter months I dive into that hobby to help get by the doldrums of the season.
Perhaps you can find something that will keep your mind busy and learn some new skills along the way.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I remember it well Dee ...sigh ....all these young whippersnappers ... I do love the Louie da fly adds from long ago ...dare i say ..wait for it ....

IN BLACK AND WHITE. before colour tvs ...lol

Thanks guys i had a lovely lunch with my girls xx

Leshar I'm really feeling for you right now . You are in the doldrums , my love ..but it's just a lull . This too shall pass .
I'm hearing you in regards to the eating as I am having the EXACT same issue myself .

Waking up still feeling full from all i ate the day b4 . I just came seem to get enough sugar .
Now ...56 is NOT old .im 51 . You don't have to be the life and soul of the party every day.

Stop stressing over Christmas ...it's only ONE day , then it's over , gone ,kaput , cactus ...till it all rolls around the next year.

Get yourself lots of movies and have a movie marathon of a series you have been wanting to watch but never have and b4 you know it , the days over x

I have told my family i wont be attending any Christmas functions at all thus year , I'm just going to stay home and I'm fine with that , my girls can see me for a couple of hours , but I cannot be near alcohol .

Stay here on SR Christmas Day Leshar and we can talk to each other and if you want to send me a message I'd be happy to post you a birthday card xx

Well I had a very , very close call tonight ! I went to my scrabble tournament and an old friend i love dearly , who i haven't seen in a year , turned up with my fave merlot. She didn't know i wasn't drinking .

I watched as she sipped from her glass and felt my old yearning come back. ( i thought i was over it ). Not so !

This really scared me .

Then another friend joined the table with a white wine and i sat there longing to join them.
This was the closest i have come ...

It wasn't the actual craving , it was the social aspect i missed .

She understood and didn't push it , but wanted to come back to my place after .
That was fraught with danger as my girls were out and Hubby on night shift .

I had to make an excuse and saw the disappointment in her face . I love her dearly ..this really affected me tonight ...i lost all my games ... Which has never happened b4 ..i just wanted to get out of there .

I actually thought if i had a glass it wouldn't count cos i wouldn't get drunk as I was driving .what the hell was i thinking THAT WAY 4 ....i cant believe it now , I'm home safe n sound ,but that it actually crossed my mind .

This is bloody hard ;(

Xx