Notices

Class of September 2013 part 8

Old 10-02-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey Sebtemberites
Just a quick note to say thank you for all of the support and kindness over the past several weeks. Just winding down day 30! I still have friends who are speechless when I tell them I no longer drink... I should probably find that more embarrassing than I do. I took a friend who is here visiting from NYC to dinner last night, she wanted Mexican, I haven't had Mexican food without a margarita for years....food tasted just the same....who knew?

Thanks all for helping me get to 30!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 Bls!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats bls57

D
Old 10-02-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Eek...went to pick up hot wings for the family and realized this is where I'd normally have a beer while I was waiting. Didn't mentally prepare for this one...sitting here waiting....smelling chicken being being prepared and all I can thing about is beer! I usually prepare for things like this so I can rechannel thoughts. Fell asleep at the wheel of my complacency car!!

So I came here.

Wow, we are on Part 8....we have a communicative group!!

Space...you didn't fail the class. You only fail if you give up trying. Hang in there.

Melina, congrats on 30 days!!!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

And congrats to you too bls!!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Familiar names, and new names! I'm anxious to share. I came in on the tail end of Sept. & so glad I did. Between this thread & my 24hr sign in, I've been able to stay sober 9 days after hitting hard for forty years. I'm pleasantly suprised. I had my doubts in the beginning till I found SR & its supportive members.
Withdrawl symtoms have been minimal so far. Who knows whats around the corner? I,ve had a couple shaking days, nothing overwhelming. I'm use to watching my Bears, & my Black Hawks while getting waisted. I watch at home because I like to hoot & hollar. Actually, its because I prefered to stumble around the house instead of the bar. I found out I can be sober & still hoot & hollar. Nice part is, I don't have to start the day with a hangover & a Bloody Marie. It feels good, & I fill positve.

The way I figure it, I finally made decision that I really wanted to quit. If I can, I think you can too. Were all in the same boat. Maybe if we take turns rowing, will make it to the other side.

Jump on the bus Gus, and set yourself free!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:09 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Lillian,
I know where your coming from. I'm use to ordering my pizza while sitting at bar. I had timing down pat. Two tall Guiness, and the pizza was ready. Maybe I should consider taking beer money & paying for delivery? lol
Old 10-02-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I know some of us are feeling a little weird about moving into October. Let me just say that I for one am glad to not be the newbies anymore! We are still here and proved we are up to the challenge. We have a good support system between us. We are not the raw, bleeding, sickly and unhappy people we were when we first posted. The vulnerable and battered people who finally dragged ourselves onto this website, laid down in exhaustion, asked for help, and braced for the suffering of the first few days. Instead, we have some good days under our belts, we have friends here, we have gained some wisdom and confidence, and we are looking toward our futures with some hope and determination. I am so proud of this group and celebrate our graduation into October! Hugs to everyone.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Space - hope you're feeling ok this morning You're not failing the class pal - we just worry coz we care about you, as we care about all of us.
Please don't fall into the trap of continuing to drink because it's 'easier than going through the hangover etc' (the amount of times I've done that)!!
Catch ya later in the day x
Old 10-02-2013, 09:35 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bls57 View Post
Hey Sebtemberites
Just a quick note to say thank you for all of the support and kindness over the past several weeks. Just winding down day 30!
Yay ! That's great to hear bls !!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Spacestation, it'a a learning process. I'm avoiding the mistakes I made in my previous tries and have gotten alittle further this time. Keep trying

Day 33.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:11 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by domedou View Post
Lillian,
I know where your coming from. I'm use to ordering my pizza while sitting at bar. I had timing down pat. Two tall Guiness, and the pizza was ready. Maybe I should consider taking beer money & paying for delivery? lol
LOL! Yes, pizza delivery guys can be our friend! Great thought.

And Domedou, glad you're on the bus with us. I think along about Part 6 of this thread we decided our September Bus is like the Partridge Family bus. So come on get happy with us!

In the sports bar tonight, I focused on all the things I have not really appreciated before. The little boys talking to their dad, the teenagers and what they are wearing these days (oh my!), the buzzy energy of the restaurant.

Funny what you can see when you are paying attention....sober....living in the moment. Before all I thought was beer...when is it going to get there....hope it isn't warm....wonder if I'll have time for two....then.....the drug arrived.

No living in the moment. Sigh. I've missed a lot. But glad to be among the living now!
Old 10-02-2013, 10:15 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
I know some of us are feeling a little weird about moving into October. Let me just say that I for one am glad to not be the newbies anymore! We are still here and proved we are up to the challenge. We have a good support system between us. We are not the raw, bleeding, sickly and unhappy people we were when we first posted. The vulnerable and battered people who finally dragged ourselves onto this website, laid down in exhaustion, asked for help, and braced for the suffering of the first few days. Instead, we have some good days under our belts, we have friends here, we have gained some wisdom and confidence, and we are looking toward our futures with some hope and determination. I am so proud of this group and celebrate our graduation into October! Hugs to everyone.
Wow, such lovely thoughts and imagery in this post Renarde! Thank you for sharing it.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:10 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Uninvited View Post
Where did the fish hippy go?
Here I am just start of day 25 been a busy few days I'm trying to get caught up on everything busy weekend but sober I have good news I made offer on a house at the lake 6 weeks ago they turn me down but they called back yesterday and said let's make a deal . I hope today finds everybody having a good sober week and for those keep trying I feel so much better and I will try to catch up with everybody be safe have a great week
Old 10-02-2013, 11:10 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Grrrrrrr typical. Woke up at 4am - totally so wide awake I could have painted the walls. It's now 7am and my eyes are fighting to stay open and I have to go out in an hour.
Grumbly whinge over x
Old 10-02-2013, 11:26 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

~~~Food For Thought ~ HumpDay Edition~~~
~~~ This Is The Day ~~~

(Good Morning ~ Day 37 in progress...)

This is the day to confront yourself. Declare that you are making a radical change in your mind, your finances, your relationships, your habits and how you show up in life. Moving forward is what you must do in order to live the life that's waiting for you.

This is the day that you decide there is no turning back! Take time to find out what you must do to transform...to overcome...to leave behind...and to embrace this new you. Step up and step in to the discovery of what's possible when you make up your mind that there is no turning back! You have GREATNESS within you (Les Brown) !!

"Take the risk and live with the consequences or don't take the risk and live with the regret!! Be bitter or better Your choice" #Welcome2OctSober
Old 10-02-2013, 11:37 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

This is such a lovely caring class.

Congrats to those having a free sober day!

And to those struggling today, remember it is the uphill climb that makes us strong. It is then we learn most about ourselves as we push through what we thought were our limits. Keep learning about yourself and using what you learn to find your own route. There is no one route to sobriety.

Sobriety doesn't care how you get there. Sobriety is always waiting for you and its door is always open!

Just like SR!
Old 10-02-2013, 11:46 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Morning fellow fighters

Hope everyone is good today, day 33 which happens to be my age too lol! (well I'm 33yrs not days old )

I'm off for a walk, check in laters

Lorelei xx
Old 10-02-2013, 11:52 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Morning Lorelei I keep meaning to ask - what do you use on your skin - it looks really fresh and clear
Old 10-03-2013, 12:05 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Up and at it peeps. very busy day today, but it is the way i like it to keep my thoughts of drinking. hope everyone is doing good this morning. one day at a time is the only way to do this.