Administrator

congratulations on 30 days Melina and KDBnSLC

D
Old 10-02-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by spacestation View Post
Pretty obvious, Lor,

now you are the voice of reason.

I want to explode into a million bits, cause I have failed the class.

Can there be enough resolve left? to get it again?

I feel like total ****.
Yes, as long as you can ask that question, there is plenty more resolve.

You just have to bust through that wall. I couldn't get going for the past 3 months. Then I buckled down with the help of SR and Friends and busted out 7 days and usually when that happens you have a ton of momentum.

And I used to get frustrated when I would see people rattling of 10-20-30 days. My advice....play your own game and take one day at a time and you'll be there too.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Space, Yes you can do it again, but you need to stop... now. We've all had many day 1s but there comes a point it has to stop. You can do this, you are not alone in this struggle x
Old 10-02-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
greenturtle

Day 5 here and feeling good about it. Been busy at work but wanted to check in. Hope everyone is well!
Old 10-02-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

just want to say thanks skyesea and 1stepup for the advice on the coming 40th I am going to. (unfortunately I cant really turn up later as I am going to help set up but I will do that from then on...great idea)
I found my favourite drink the other day, plain flavoured diet ice tea so i'm going to get half a carton to knock down I think. yum

1stepup, yeah I will fast-forward time so as to remind myself what i'm like when im drunk...Im not bad but i'm certainly not good.
I'm currently single and not drinking seems to me a way to better my chances of A. not looking the fool in others company, B. Not making poor decisions as to which company I decide to pursue and C. not sure what C is but it might have something to do with passing out before the night is over.

Space station, I shall heed those warnings you posted earlier!
Old 10-02-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
congratulations on 30 days Melina and KDBnSLC

D

Thank you, Dee!

Putting the bottle down has been such a relief that sometimes I choke up with gratitude knowing I never, never, never have to live like that again.

xoxo, Septembers!!
Old 10-02-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi guys, day 4 back. Just finished 3rd meeting. Doing some new ones. New faces. Fresh start. My head starting to clear up again a bit. Doing some laundry. Have to go to restaurant gig later.. ugg. But hope you guys teetering the edge stay close. Just no way to end up successfully drinking for me. Might as well push through the uncomfortability now. Cause its pain now or more pain later in my experience. So, trying to just stay close myself. Get back on track. Hope you guys are well. Check back soon.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 7 just about to draw to an end.

Think I might pick up my Big Book for a bit of bedtime reading tonight. It's either that or Kris Jenner's autobiography!

Struggled to open up to AA before but might be a bit more receptive this time. Either way, no harm in giving it a go, right? Hmmm...
Old 10-02-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Just checking back in...see that we have a new thread created here. It feels a little new and unfamiliar in the new place and the thread not moving on the fever pitch it was a month ago but good to see some of the familiar faces. I guess I will get used to it as more of our classmates find the new location.

Well, my day is winding down and have a lot of work to accomplish so I wish you all a good evening, night or morning. #Welcome2OctSober
Old 10-02-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Morning all, its good to see that we are all still so active on this thread !

Well done to everyone who are still on the wagon !

FOr those who fell off, just get back on again ! Dont look back

M E L I N A : Woohoo ! Well done on hitting 30 days !

Lorelei: I had to look up what 'humpday' meant. It was different to what I initially thought

Rochele: I think the dreams are a reminder to us to keep vigilant !

lommey: hang in there ! you're doing well

Space: glad to see you back, well done !

So, a very ordinary morning today. Grey, cold and rainy. I was in bed thinking about whether I should get up for my usual run or just sleep in. Then it hit me that this was what a relapse would be like. Just like missing one run, you could have one relapse and on a standalone basis, it probably wouldn't cause much damage. However, as I know how my thoughts operate, it opens the door for more relapses (done it before, what's one more) and so starts that march back into hell.

I went for my run.

Stay strong, stay calm and stay sober !! Thank you !!
Old 10-02-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You all are an amazing group.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Happy October everyone! Checking in at day 27 here.

Feeling better this evening than I have lately. Made soup. Cried. Thinking about purchasing a new laptop. Watched mindless tv. I'm still having difficulty concentrating, and it makes my reading habit hard to depend on. I'm sitting on the deck now in a thicket of cricket sound. So, so, so happy to not be drinking. Hope everyone is having a lovely evening.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hello Everybody!!!

Just checking in after having made it through some craving. As usual, it's 1) tough to ignore all the booze around, and 2) so easy to convince myself I can start being abstinent later. "I haven't had a hangover in ages, so why not?" Stupid ADDICTIVE VOICE.

Figured I'd wait it out and it worked, thank God. Had trouble last night, too, but did some reading here.

I've tried to use any free time in the mornings before work to read everybody's posts, as well, and it's really nice to think of you all throughout the day.... like FAMILY, really.

Have to run again. Wish I had more time to catch up. Perhaps this weekend!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by roomsforall View Post
Happy October everyone! Checking in at day 27 here.

Feeling better this evening than I have lately. Made soup. Cried. Thinking about purchasing a new laptop. Watched mindless tv. I'm still having difficulty concentrating, and it makes my reading habit hard to depend on. I'm sitting on the deck now in a thicket of cricket sound. So, so, so happy to not be drinking. Hope everyone is having a lovely evening.
I know what you mean about the reading. I used to read a book every few days while drinking. Would usually stop reading about 9:30 and switch to tv cause the words started to get a little blurry at that point. I can barely concentrate on a book anymore. I read a few pages a night and just get distracted.

Feeling pretty good today. I got a few drinking urges this afternoon. And I'll admit I sometimes read on here about people who have relapsed or who have only just quit after drinking their tails off for the last few days and I feel a little jealous. I know that's ridiculous but it's very real.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

my advice is to try to remember the reality of relapse UI.

D
Old 10-02-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Uninvited, reading about relapses can sometimes trigger me as well. Especially if people get descriptive about the experience or the high or the taste, etc... Bu tit passes. A strong trigger for me last November, and I think it was problematic, was a book i read. Drinking, A Love Story. It was wonderfully written, but she had a style of romanticizing the drink, then writing about how it negatively affected her. But when she was describing drinking, it was torture! And I never even came close to drinking the way she did!
Old 10-02-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Space,
There is no "failing" the class. We've all been there. Try something different - add something new to your arsenal this time. Just keep trying! We are all here to offer support!
Old 10-02-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

KDB and Melina - yay 30 days!!!! Wonderful!!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Where did the fish hippy go?