Notices

Class of September 2013 part 8

Old 10-04-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
It is! Haha. But it's easy for me to get into my studio and be alone. It's crazy outside sometimes though. I've mentioned this before but I find that the crazy city makes a nice filter for me. I was supposed to get out into the country this week and the plan fell through... Maybe I'm bummed about it. I love nature and doing replenishing things like that. I've been fantasizing about being out in a canoe a lot...
Yes the ol depression thing is an old friend of mine unfortunately. My therapist and I are going no meds, and I feel good about that. However this sleep thing is a bit out of character. I'm loving it and hating it.
I'm sort of making myself do stuff right now. I'm about to go in the studio, going to listen to talk radio and draw...
Thanks gals
I'm going kayaking this weekend I have an extra kayak come on
Old 10-04-2013, 04:21 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
I'm going kayaking this weekend I have an extra kayak come on
Kayaking is the best! I like to get lost in the swamps. Once I followed a river until it got smaller and smaller and I was suddenly lost in a swampy maze that was also a frog breeding ground! It was like I was in the place where all things are born. It was beautiful -- and gross
Old 10-04-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Evening all, im finding it hard to sleep tonight, its past midnight here and im wide awake, been to a meeting tonight and I always find it hard to switch off after them, got my two beautiful little girls tomorrow so im really looking forward to that, going to try and forget about my financial insecurity this weekend and enjoy being in their company. Hope everyone is ok- guessing its mostly friends from across the pond on here at this time, Im a country boy at heart and found new York pretty hectic when I was over there, id love to go back to USA one day tho.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Great going Renarde!

UI, glad you had a nice time. what treats did you eat? I love hearing about food!

1srepup, I hope you enjoy your girls tomorrow.

Fishnhippy, kayaking sounds very relaxing and peaceful. I need ot schedule an outing I "purchased" at a charity event. I was going to book it for my daughter and a couple of friends. It is a kayaking lesson on a local pond.

Happy Friday everyone. I am trying to keep occupied. My AV voice is really talking to me. I keep hanging up on him, but he keeps calling back! Ugh!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Evening all, im finding it hard to sleep tonight, its past midnight here and im wide awake, going to try and forget about my financial insecurity this weekend and enjoy being in their company. Hope everyone is ok- guessing its mostly friends from across the pond on here at this time.
Which pond, mate ?

I think the insomnia comes and goes in early recovery. Also, if you're hitting middle age, then your sleep patterns become shorter and more erratic anyway. I know what you mean by financial insecurity. It doesn't matter how the situation arises, the insecurity is the same. It gnaws away at you. I try to remind myself that it is beyond my control. I have put my plans in place, j have done whatever has been in my control, so there is no point in fretting over the outcome. It is what it is, it will be what it will be !

Have a good night, I suggest you simply relax about not sleeping. Let it be.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Evening all, im finding it hard to sleep tonight, its past midnight here and im wide awake, been to a meeting tonight and I always find it hard to switch off after them, got my two beautiful little girls tomorrow so im really looking forward to that, going to try and forget about my financial insecurity this weekend and enjoy being in their company. Hope everyone is ok- guessing its mostly friends from across the pond on here at this time, Im a country boy at heart and found new York pretty hectic when I was over there, id love to go back to USA one day tho.
My parents were divorced and my dad didn't have a lot of money but I remember having the best time with him. Maybe because he had to think of the cheapest things to do, and had to get creative.
Even coupon cutting contests and penny rolling. Ha! We'd spend a lot of time in the library, he'd let us stay up late while he taught us how to play poker... Those are really good memories for me. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend
Old 10-04-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

I can't remember the last Friday I wasn't drunk by this time. I'm very happy to say I am sober! Just got the kitchen cleaned up from dinner and am going to spend some time organizing my scrapbooking area then I'm curling up in bed and reading and let me tell you I cannot wait! lol
I'm actually surprised I didn't have stronger cravings today. They normally start shortly after lunch time and won't leave me alone until of got a bottle of beer to my lips. I'm grateful they weren't stronger but not fooled. My AV is a conniving little thing and it likes to wait until I'm really happy or really upset to strike. So I have to be prepared and remind myself EVERY day that today I will not drink!!
Have a good weekend all. Thanks so much for being here and sharing your journey. I draw on your strength and success
Old 10-04-2013, 05:04 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, what time is it over in Oz now Kaneda? My mates not long gone over, he's living in Sydney, but also has a lot of mates in Brisbane.

Thanks Plenny, yeah ive got a lot of stuff planned for them tomorrow so they should have a good time, my eldest is 5 and youngest coming up to 3. I play the guitar a bit and they love singing along to songs ive written. Glad to be sober to appreciate them.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

12 midnight - decided to have a nice relaxing bubble bath and feel all warm and snuggly when I got into bed.
12.15am - steam from 'lovely bubble bath', sets off fire alarm in hallway (forgot to close bathroom door), so I'm running up and down the hall, thumping the alarm box with a broom handle, praying it stops before the entire neighbourhood is woken up
1am - wide awake after aforementioned impromptu exercise session.
At least I'm sober though
Old 10-04-2013, 05:08 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Sounds like an eventful evening SkyeSea. good to know theres another Brit out there wide awake sober!
Old 10-04-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Oh I'm definitely awake - totally peed off, but awake x
Old 10-04-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, what time is it over in Oz now Kaneda? My mates not long gone over, he's living in Sydney, but also has a lot of mates in Brisbane. .
Just past 10am here on a Sat.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

have a great day down there Kaneda im going to have to try and get some sleep now, il try and catch up with you all 2moz.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Oh, Skyesea! That is a bummer! Hope you get to sleep.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Great going Renarde!

UI, glad you had a nice time. what treats did you eat? I love hearing about food!

1srepup, I hope you enjoy your girls tomorrow.

Fishnhippy, kayaking sounds very relaxing and peaceful. I need ot schedule an outing I "purchased" at a charity event. I was going to book it for my daughter and a couple of friends. It is a kayaking lesson on a local pond.

Happy Friday everyone. I am trying to keep occupied. My AV voice is really talking to me. I keep hanging up on him, but he keeps calling back! Ugh!
Just keep hanging up!!!!
Old 10-04-2013, 08:17 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Rochelle you will love the kayaking lesson you probably buy a kayak with within two weeks. I belong to a kayaking club and go on a major kayaking trip about once or twice a month. 4 years ago I did a 350 mile trip down the Mississippi with some friends fantastic time. I keep seeing people talking about oz where is that? Everybody have a great night I've had a very long week I'm going to sit in the hot tub and listen to some deep purple see y'all later be safe have fun fishy
Old 10-04-2013, 08:17 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Hey folks, quiet in here tonight. How's it going? I have a free evening. So tired! I'm going to read some of the recovery books I just bought and go to bed. What's everyone else doing?
Old 10-04-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
Hey folks, quiet in here tonight. How's it going? I have a free evening. So tired! I'm going to read some of the recovery books I just bought and go to bed. What's everyone else doing?
Hi Renarde! Having a tough day. I got to work and stuff for a bit so I fee better. Was fighting major cravings today. So I stayed in!
I'm eating pasta, about to finish the ice cream.
I love kayaking!!
Hope you're feeling good
Old 10-04-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Hi Renarde! Having a tough day. I got to work and stuff for a bit so I fee better. Was fighting major cravings today. So I stayed in!
I'm eating pasta, about to finish the ice cream.
I love kayaking!!
Hope you're feeling good
Oh haha looks like Rochelle got the kayaking lesson. Oof
Old 10-04-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Sorry you've had a rough day. Sounds like you are taking care of yourself tonight! I love staying in...prefer it to going out these days.