Old 10-03-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
Good morning friends
Good morning
Old 10-03-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi Lorelei
Even your emoticons are smiley, upbeat and happy... Just like you!
Sorry the MRI wasn't what you had hoped for. Hang in there. We are all rooting for you! Have a great day (or evening as the case may be...).
Old 10-03-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good morning ALL!!!

Welcome sharpmind!!

Space, hope to hear from you today...

I agree with everyone...I want some of what Lorelei is using!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bls57 View Post
Hey Sebtemberites
Just a quick note to say thank you for all of the support and kindness over the past several weeks. Just winding down day 30! I still have friends who are speechless when I tell them I no longer drink... I should probably find that more embarrassing than I do. I took a friend who is here visiting from NYC to dinner last night, she wanted Mexican, I haven't had Mexican food without a margarita for years....food tasted just the same....who knew?

Thanks all for helping me get to 30!
Hey Bls57, congrats!

I see you live in SLC. I travel there for business a few times a year. Haven't been there this year though.....it's a nice city....I enjoy it being there. Stayed at Little America and up the road in Sandy a many times.

Hi All.....Day (15) and going.....taking it to the new year and beyond!

Still a very active thread....awesome.

"Spacestation"...we need you back here friend!

Great job everyone....have a wonderful day!

.....Fall and it's colors...no better way to enjoy this season than being sober!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hey, Friends
I had a post typed out yesterday, but I hit the back button by mistake and it vanished. I know, Dee--use Wordpad! lol Our dear Grace2 has lost more posts than I have made....

Welcome, Sharpmind. And yes, you will have it again. One of the best things about a sober month is I feel as if I have my mind back.

Fishn--so excited for you that the lake house door appears to be opening again. Good luck and I'm thinking positive thoughts for ya.

Space--I'll just repeat what everyone else has said: we care about you, we want you to be here with us. Make a plan to stop for a day: you can do it!

Lorelei, I'm sorry, too, that your MRI report was less positive than we all had hoped. Praying that this next procedure will go well. XO

UI, glad to hear you're feeling better. Lillian, thanks for the reminder that we are soooo much better off being sober and real and in the moments of our lives. Rochele, glad to know you're losing count of the days. XO

My road trip was great--had the best time, and met some lovely people. For all the UKers here: I was hiking up a rocky slope and having a tough time getting footing. A nice gentleman reached down and offered his hand, helping me up to level ground. I noticed his accent right away--he and his wife are from London! He smiled and joked that he had come all this way to west Texas so he could help me up that slope.

Kind of a metaphor for SR, eh? Lots of hands reaching out to help us up the slope. It's as important to accept help as it is to offer it.

Most noticeable fallout from the US govt shutdown at my house: the atomic clock in my kitchen is 4 hours behind, because I guess the govt can't send out the signal for the correct time. Funny, I didn't know those cesium atoms were govt employees....
Old 10-03-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

~~~Food For Thought ~ HumpDay Edition~~~
~~~ This Is The Day ~~~

(Good Morning ~ Day 37 in progress...Repost...this apparently went into yesterday's thread. Still learning about the time difference from the U.S. )

This is the day to confront yourself. Declare that you are making a radical change in your mind, your finances, your relationships, your habits and how you show up in life. Moving forward is what you must do in order to live the life that's waiting for you.

This is the day that you decide there is no turning back! Take time to find out what you must do to transform...to overcome...to leave behind...and to embrace this new you. Step up and step in to the discovery of what's possible when you make up your mind that there is no turning back! You have GREATNESS within you (Les Brown) !!

"Take the risk and live with the consequences or don't take the risk and live with the regret!! Be bitter or better Your choice" #Welcome2OctSober
Old 10-03-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Ugh. Cannot get out of bed. I had some time off of my usual job, so now I have time to work on art in my studio.... But I took the day off yesterday, and now today I am just loving staying in bed. I love the darkness, the silence, the solitude, the enceinte of all of these things and the blankets...
But I really do have work to do.
Maybe this is how my body demands a little rest? Or is it laziness? I constantly struggle through these dilemmas now.
When I drank, I just drank through and worked if I didn't want to, or was sure I was just lazy.
Now I feel less guilty or something, and a bit like it's more open to interpretation. Am I rewriting my reasons for doing things?
I think it's Taoism that has something to say about procrastination playing a part in life. It's an incubation period and if you're there, you're meant to be there.
I am much less hard on myself these days. It's amazing. And incubating sounds great right now.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Still truckin here ..day 24

In past attempts I tried everything I could latch on to.

AA, therapy, urge surfing, acupuncture, books galore etc...

Now I'm no longer living in the city and the services around here are sparse. So I'm basically pretty much on my own, using the tools I picked up from past attempts and this site of course.

I truly do not want to drink anymore, and as long as I avoid that first drink...I will make it.

Sounds so simple doesn't it?

But really that is the core of it...don't have that first drink.. and you won't be having a second.

Have a wonderful day folks.
Don't have that first drink.
Do whatever it takes and whatever works for you.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BLKDIESEL View Post
~~~Food For Thought ~ HumpDay Edition~~~
~~~ This Is The Day ~~~

(Good Morning ~ Day 37 in progress...Repost...this apparently went into yesterday's thread. Still learning about the time difference from the U.S. )

This is the day to confront yourself. Declare that you are making a radical change in your mind, your finances, your relationships, your habits and how you show up in life. Moving forward is what you must do in order to live the life that's waiting for you.

This is the day that you decide there is no turning back! Take time to find out what you must do to transform...to overcome...to leave behind...and to embrace this new you. Step up and step in to the discovery of what's possible when you make up your mind that there is no turning back! You have GREATNESS within you (Les Brown) !!

"Take the risk and live with the consequences or don't take the risk and live with the regret!! Be bitter or better Your choice" #Welcome2OctSober
I love the hashtags you come up with! I think your job should be to come up with a new one every month! #Octsober
Old 10-03-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Thank you Hooped and Plenny - those posts resonated with me.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

From a beautiful day in California, I say Good Morning everyone!!

I truly do not want to drink anymore, and as long as I avoid that first drink...I will make it.

Sounds so simple doesn't it?
Simple Hoop, and now it's getting easier I hope.

today I am just loving staying in bed. I love the darkness, the silence, the solitude, the enceinte of all of these things and the blankets...
Plenny, I like all those things too. At least for myself, I chalk it up to being an introvert. It's how I recharge my batteries. Quiet solitude can be very fulfilling. In a world of extroverts, it makes me feel so different, but I'm over it now. I read a book called "Quiet." Opened my eyes to a lot of things about why I am the way I am. Check it out if you like to read.

Oh...and I'm gonna put this right here.......30 days today. Booya!!

Old 10-03-2013, 08:41 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Woo Lilian!!! Yay!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Day 6 for me. Glad to be here. I'm feeling a little blue and many of you are so bright and cheery. It inspires me to stay strong. The weekend is drawing near and I think I'm anticipating struggle. I did make plans to keep busy but its still hard. Ugh, the AV is so demanding and convincing! Now I know why so many say "I have a thinking problem". No kidding. Wish I could just shut down all thoughts and feelings until I'm stronger!! But I guess that's exactly what I have been trying to do with my drinking. I guess it's just time to face it. Nothing to it but to do it, right?
Old 10-03-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

LillianGish - Congrats on 30 Days!!
Old 10-03-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
From a beautiful day in California, I say Good Morning everyone!! Simple Hoop, and now it's getting easier I hope. Plenny, I like all those things too. At least for myself, I chalk it up to being an introvert. It's how I recharge my batteries. Quiet solitude can be very fulfilling. In a world of extroverts, it makes me feel so different, but I'm over it now. I read a book called "Quiet." Opened my eyes to a lot of things about why I am the way I am. Check it out if you like to read. Oh...and I'm gonna put this right here.......30 days today. Booya!!
30 days!! Nice job!

Yes only recently I'm realizing I'm an introvert and must approach things differently than I did before. I must become versed in the ways we take care of ourselves and recharge. I must not punish myself for this anymore or get drunk to push myself out into social situations. I can say no to social events. I can stay in my room all morning and then work alone all night. Then tomorrow I'll feel recharged for a work day around others.
Thanks for mentioning that, I have learned two helpful terms since making the change and they are "Codependent" and "Introvert." It's been massively helpful in accepting myself and untying a lot of internal knots.
Thanks for the book recommendation!
Old 10-03-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Lillian, it's funny though because I really appear to be an extrovert. I find myself very polarized. Ever hear of anything like that?
Old 10-03-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post

I can recommend some great yoga DVDs and meditation DVDs if you are interested!
Yes very thanks xx
Old 10-03-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Haha Lillian, just one more post about this then I'm going to draw the curtains and get to work, and leave you alone! I just watched Susan Cain's TEDTalk and I bought her book. Thank you again for spotting me and recommending this.
I can't tell you what joy I've drawn from my sober life now that I'm learning to really appreciate my nature.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Renarde if you haven't seen this talk I bet you would enjoy it too!