Notices

Class of September 2013 part 8

Old 10-04-2013, 05:02 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

morning all **waves**
Old 10-04-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
Yes, there are a lot of people who have disappeared for the moment. It's Friday afternoon so I did a quick review of the first ever page.

Please come back:
Pondlady, doggonecarl, eveval, Love38, YoungandClean, workoholic, Kys, Pamel, hiho, Ali123, Erratic, Flying4life, Baleine, trident, Elseware, Nature74, cuppycakes, biglee1977, PrincessJasmine, ChrissieB, Rogue, Dmwestfall, seal123, jade123, jazzfish, joyousone, Strength11, Jimuk, fifth, Eintage, JAC13, Blowfish, grocerease, Victoria74, Yoctopus,misspond, abwvu1, NewLeaf, Bizooky, CardHat, TucTee, firstymer, halfvictory, TrickyDave, SoberChristy, Eliasson, alkoholfrei, Caravagio, Squine, lifetplant, TomSawyer, Marcella99, s12589s, CoveredInRain, aurorap12, happyhour, joshlyman, FreddyBear, johnatahn1, KDBnSLC, Austen, winkster26, CagedTurtle, tahuhla, Kelle96, britquit

I hope you are all strong, calm and sober.
There are at least a few on that list of names who have been here for a long time, are sober and were posting to support us. and they are still here. Just not in our thread.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:15 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Day 20 and feeling great. Although I'm a little jealous of those of you that are sleeping for 15 hours. I'm sleeping well, but even on a day off like today I can't sleep past 7am.

Sorry to hear you aren't sleeping well Lor. For the first couple of nights after drying out I used a Benadryl antihistamine to make me a little sleepy which seemed to help a little. I was afraid to use an actual sleeping pill. I hope your Ex isn't keeping you awake.

Space - I am so sorry for what you are going through. I know you want to change your life or you wouldn't be posting here. So that's a HUGE step. Now you need to take the next one. Consider seeing your doctor ASAP because you sound really depressed to me. I can't really understand from your post whether or not you even had any kind of a relationship with that poor girl, but 4 years on you need to be living your life for you. Have you considered checking yourself into rehab? Or the Emergency Room at the hospital?
Old 10-04-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Day 26.

I am going to be honest and say my AV is talking to me since last night. I am feeling a bit better after a cold then my oral surgery, and so, of course, feeling like having some "fun." I wanted to have a cold brew or two with hubby last night, but instead gave him an annoyed look every time he got himself a new bottle. at least 5. On a work night. I see a pattern there of heavier drinking on work nights. especially if he has had a couple of busy nights and only had 2-3.

Anyway, I did not drink, but the AV is still trying to tell me I can just have a couple of glasses of wine tonight. I knew it would eventually come knocking. If I could eat some chips and dip, lol, that might help. I do think, being rather food deprived(in a sensory sense) has made me crave drinking. I still cannot eat hard, crunchy, chewy foods, or extreme spice or temperatures. So, eating is boring, and I always have to watch the sugar and carbs.

Wine seems the perfect treat. Liquid, easy to chew and swallow, feels good. Hey, I got 26 days, what is one day, or two? Of course an open bottle means I have to finish it sooner or later.

So, just being honest about what the AV or beast is telling me. This is not some strong anguished plea, but calm, cool logic! Craziness.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:23 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

I'm torn this morning. Drive an hour and 15 minutes to go to a fair alone, or just hang around the house all day on my day off. Do I really want to see some cows and sheep? I know I'm not going to ride any rides. Hrmm.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Rochele - I am happy you shared that. I've mentioned it before but I really don't see how you guys with spouses that drink can even manage sobriety, so my hat is off to you! Although it does sound in most of these cases (not just yours) that the spouse might have a drinking problem too since they all seem to be drinking every night.

Since I had today off, last night was sort of like a Friday night for me and the AV was ticking away. The only thing keeping me from doing anything about it is just not drinking today. When I start to think about never drinking again, it is a little too overwhelming. I remind myself how excellent I feel being sober for 20 days and say to myself that I'm going to make it to 21 days. That's all I can do right now.

It sounds like you have a sneaky AV who tries to convince you to just have 1 or 2. Mine tells me how nice having a 12 pack would feel. Hang in there. We got this.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:39 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Thanks, UI. yeah, it is a sneaky voice. I likely could have 2, never just 1. Tonight. But that bottle would be calling me tomorrow night again. And, of late, I really seemed to not be able to stop short of finishing the bottle. After a month off the booze, I bet I would have a helluva a hangover from a whole bottle. So, I am thinking it through to the end.

and that is where the beer starts calling. Sure, wine is my preferred drink, but I do love goo dbeer as well, and simply get full, cannot consume as much, to the degree or intoxication as wine. So, it is self limiting. And, I do still count my carbs/am mindful of them, lol. Even in drunkeness. You know, gotta watch my health! How stupid. Well, after about 4 drinks, I would say F*** it and not ocunt carbs anymore.

So yeah: a piece of salmon, a huge pile of organic spring mix with homemade balsalmic or pesto dressing, and a bottle of wine. Healthy!

Not doing it. Putting it out there so you all can keep on me tonight!
Old 10-04-2013, 05:40 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Rochele: you have worked so hard to get to this point. Think of how you feel, how you can enjoy the day, how free you are of the mental torture, to be living honestly without guilt, shame or remorse, to wake up happy and hang over free. Your AV wants to deny you that. It wants to chain you up, lock you in perpetual misery in order to make you keep drinking. It will use logical, illogical, rational, irrational, emotional, unemotional thoughts to achieve its goal; anything in its arsenal. Grin and ignore your AV !

Same goes for you, UI. Also I would go and see the farm animals. I like to moo at the cows and baa at the sheep.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:55 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
and simply get full, cannot consume as much, to the degree or intoxication as wine. So, it is self limiting.
This is why I skipped breakfast and dinner. Very sad when I look back at it.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Ro. You've broken up with a partner who was absolutely no good for you. You've seen clearly that it was a destructive and abusive relationship. No sense going back into that old, tired, business.

I tell myself this a lot. I use the "broke up with a bad partner" metaphor, and it helps me reclaim my self esteem. I wouldn't tolerate that kind of relationship with a human, and I'm no longer going to tolerate it with a bottle. Hope this helps a little.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:08 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Yes, Nuway, I have used that thought process myself! I had just thought through what I would feel if this were a person in my life. Crawling back and worming his way into my life again! I thought that before reading your post!
Old 10-04-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Morning all

Rochele, I think just writing it down helps, then you can really look at it and play it through to the end (which you seem to be really good at) and it makes sense that way.

UI, why not treat yourself to a drive in the beautiful fall colors (but maybe not the whole 12 hours) sorry to hear there was a glitch in the original plan. There must be some cows and sheep closer to you somewhere...

I went to a benefit concert last night that a friend of ours did for children with cancer (her daughter was diagnosed at 15). Usually that would have involved several drinks to leave the house, another drink in the car in the parking lot upon arrival to "carry me through" the evening, and then drinks when I got home to unwind. It was all so much better sober. Beautiful music, saw some old friends and very inspirational to see these family's who also live day to day with a wretched disease.

Sober is good! Have a great day.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
Yes, there are a lot of people who have disappeared for the moment. It's Friday afternoon so I did a quick review of the first ever page.

Please come back:
Pondlady, doggonecarl, eveval, Love38, YoungandClean, workoholic, Kys, Pamel, hiho, Ali123, Erratic, Flying4life, Baleine, trident, Elseware, Nature74, cuppycakes, biglee1977, PrincessJasmine, ChrissieB, Rogue, Dmwestfall, seal123, jade123, jazzfish, joyousone, Strength11, Jimuk, fifth, Eintage, JAC13, Blowfish, grocerease, Victoria74, Yoctopus,misspond, abwvu1, NewLeaf, Bizooky, CardHat, TucTee, firstymer, halfvictory, TrickyDave, SoberChristy, Eliasson, alkoholfrei, Caravagio, Squine, lifetplant, TomSawyer, Marcella99, s12589s, CoveredInRain, aurorap12, happyhour, joshlyman, FreddyBear, johnatahn1, KDBnSLC, Austen, winkster26, CagedTurtle, tahuhla, Kelle96, britquit

I hope you are all strong, calm and sober.
I think, and hope to attribute it to moving to the new location. Being that we are not on the front page so to speak it might be harder for these classmates to find us. I'm confident most of them are doing well and will find us eventually. #Welcome2OctSober
Old 10-04-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

~~~Food for thought ~ Friday Edition ~~~
~~~ 10 Appetizers For OctSober Part I~~~

1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.

3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

4. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

5. Pay off your credit cards every month.

6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.

8. It's okay to get angry with God. He can take it.

9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.

10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.

(Day 38 in progress...Be better than you were yesterday and have a sober plan for your weekend my people. #Welcome2OctSober)
Old 10-04-2013, 07:23 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
greenturtle

Originally Posted by kellbell123 View Post
kellyg - I deactivated my FB account for that exact reason. I figure I can go back on when I am stronger but for now its just too much. When I see friends posting from bars or parties I tailspin into "how come they can do it and I can't?". Those are not healthy thoughts when trying to stay sober! For now SR is my only social media
That's great kellbell. I should do that too...will look into it. Today is my Day 7 and usually the day I drink (and then use Saturday to recuperate). So I am going to an AA meeting tonight and will go to bed at a decent hour so that I can wake up refreshed tomorrow and not feel like crap

Little AV thoughts here and there but I am doing my best to ignore and remember WHY I need to do this.

Stay strong
Old 10-04-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone, I'm a little late signing up for the September 2013 class. I spent most of my time on the newcomers to recovery threads and didn't see this one until today. I quit drinking Sept 8, 2013 so today will be Day 27. I hope everyone is doing well and I'll see you around.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Morning all, day 34 here, got no sleep last night so am lol, how is everyone today, Tallia, hope you have a quiet weekend and look after you a bit, Space so sorry to hear you are hurting so much, everyone else in the class *hugs* xx
Way to go on 34 days. Your support and advice and your charming personality has helped a lot of people get to their goals thank you so much have a great weekend
Old 10-04-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Uninvited View Post
I'm torn this morning. Drive an hour and 15 minutes to go to a fair alone, or just hang around the house all day on my day off. Do I really want to see some cows and sheep? I know I'm not going to ride any rides. Hrmm.
Go enjoy your day off do something remember new habits to break old habits
Old 10-04-2013, 08:37 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by gr9813 View Post
Hi Everyone, I'm a little late signing up for the September 2013 class. I spent most of my time on the newcomers to recovery threads and didn't see this one until today. I quit drinking Sept 8, 2013 so today will be Day 27. I hope everyone is doing well and I'll see you around.
Welcome gr9813!

Day 27 is awesome (as we say here in California)...that's a phenomenal achievement!

Make yourself at home here with us. This group has really helped me.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Ok I did it again, slept very late. I am going to tear myself out of bed now, and get into the studio. I guess I might be a little depressed? I just don't care to do anything at the moment. If happily spend all day in the dark here and post... Maybe I need a little coffee and to just get started