Notices

Class of September 2013 part 7

Old 09-27-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Frances

Good morning. I am on day 13. I am a binge weekend warrior! My last drunk left me with a sprained thumb. Not sure what happened, but I don't like that feeling. I got a DUI in January am doing out patient. Did good in the beginning but found out ua's were only once a month so well you know. Once again here I am!
Old 09-27-2013, 10:08 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Morning guys. Checking in. In a rush this morning. Have an audition, then a make up session for a class I missed cause I was too hungover to go cause of my relapse, but which was required at my acting studio to move forward. Then got a same day callback for a commercial (which means I'm in final running). But I gotta leave that make up class early to get to it in time... and I spilled coffee on my audition shirt which is drying now in front of the fan... So yea, thats whats up. HOpe you guy are alright. Welcome to anyone new and you guys have safe sober Friday! Talk soon, Chris
Old 09-27-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

day 20. Bad day. Pain from the gum surgery, and loads of swelling. Ugh. Not much else to say today.

Did talk to the surgeon, who seems to think my issues can be normal, but called in antibiotics just in case. Husband getting those on his way home from work. Was afraid I may be brewing infection and would be stuck on the weekend.

Has it crossed my mind a time or two that alcohol is a great oral anisthetic? Yup. But also how awful I will feel later and that ti impedes the healing of my procedure. Not doing it!
Old 09-27-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I am enrolling myself in the late Sept. Class of September, 2013. So far, 2 days dry.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Originally Posted by Hooped View Post
Welcome newcomers!

Day 18 here and a complete turn around from the basket case I was a few weeks ago.

I have an unusual ritual I do every day.

There is an old black and white photograph I have of a little boy, 3 or 4 years old, sitting on his first tricycle.

He has a cowboy hat on and is grinning from ear to ear and obviously he is supremely happy with life.

It's me in the photograph of course, when I was a young child.

I look at that picture every morning, and think to myself:
"That little boy deserves a good life"

It's up to me to give it to him.

Have a wonderful day everyone, sobriety is the way to go.
Do whatever it takes.

x0
Sweet!

I said something of the sort to my husband today, about taking care of that little boy that's still inside him.

We need to treat ourselves well, as we would a cherished loved one.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

First dry day was September 20. Got through the sleepless nights and night sweats. I joined a long time ago, but this is the first true quit.

I hope I belong on this thread.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:15 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LuckyMrH View Post
First dry day was September 20. Got through the sleepless nights and night sweats. I joined a long time ago, but this is the first true quit.

I hope I belong on this thread.
welcome lucky start posting away read a lot of post this is a great helpful place.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

to September Class new guys xx
Old 09-27-2013, 01:12 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Accepted the job offer today and start in 3 weeks, very excited! Need to start looking for a nice place to live, thinking a nice 1 bed apartment on the riverside if all goes to plan.

Enjoying my sober Friday, been a long and tiring week, looking forward to getting some rest tonight.

Welcome to the group Lucky
Old 09-27-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Lorelei. Love the new black and white pic.

Congrats on the job grind. Very exciting.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:17 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Congratulations Grindlow! new start, new sober memories x

Thanks UI xx
Old 09-27-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Day 19 and an unexpected result of sobriety is a big fat sober wallet I love it. If I make it a whole year next September I'm going by me in Austin Healy 1956 with my sober wallet and I'll be sober to drive it. I had no idea how much money I was actually spending to feel so rotten everybody have a great weekend
Old 09-27-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Hi all, day 19 now. Still feeling strong. Got plenty planned for over the weekend, Im finding staying busy and active is a huge help. Everybody have a good and sober weekend X
Old 09-27-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

What do you guys do if you changed your habits from going out with your friends to bars and clubs on a Friday night or drinking at home. What do you enjoy to do instead?
Old 09-27-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by croydonlad View Post
What do you guys do if you changed your habits from going out with your friends to bars and clubs on a Friday night or drinking at home. What do you enjoy to do instead?
well in the beginning I would grab a cup of hot cocoa go sit in front of my computer and talk to everybody else at sober recovery that was going through the same thing as me and it helped me a lot then I told my friends that I had quit drinking after they quit laughing they finally took me serious. And we started doing different things
Old 09-27-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
well in the beginning I would grab a cup of hot cocoa go sit in front of my computer and talk to everybody else at sober recovery that was going through the same thing as me and it helped me a lot then I told my friends that I had quit drinking after they quit laughing they finally took me serious. And we started doing different things
I kind of refuse to go drinking with my friends but now I work a job which means when they're out drinking, I'm in the office - doesn't stop me drinking though. I just sleep different hours.

The sober recovery group you went to, was that AA online?
Old 09-27-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by croydonlad View Post

The sober recovery group you went to, was that AA online?
I'm pretty sure he means the site you are currently on.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Only problem with this thread it is basically dead during the time I get my biggest cravings! If only I got my cravings at noon or something I guess it would be fine.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Uninvited View Post
I'm pretty sure he means the site you are currently on.
ah ok, i misread that
Old 09-27-2013, 02:56 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Uninvited View Post
Only problem with this thread it is basically dead during the time I get my biggest cravings! If only I got my cravings at noon or something I guess it would be fine.
What time is it where you are now? Are you craving now? I read a tip that someone gave where they timed their cravings and they found they only actually lasted about 5 or 7 minutes.

They rode them out by finding something better to do.

I used to find that if I sat down and read a book it would be really quick for my craving to go because I would become distracted.