Old 09-26-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello! I joined today. Day one over.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done Croydon
Old 09-26-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

On day 2 after a week long binge. I was part of the Class of August 2013 before, hopefully I can make September my final class. Looking to break my record of 12 days sober. It seems like such a short amount of time but it's hell to reach. Best of luck everyone.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats Croydonlad! I've just joined as well and looking forward to day 9
Old 09-26-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi everybody that just joined. Very happy to have you aboard the Septemberist(ite?) bus. I recommend ice cream if you start getting an urge. Reminds me, I am out of ice cream! Ack.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome croydonlad, zazzz and LBM

D
Old 09-26-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard y'all.... can't help it, I'm from the south!!!
Old 09-26-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome and welcome back new ones! Day 4 back for me. By the way, I'm from the south to gatorgirl. Valdosta ga and Tallahassee, fl. I just confirmed today I'll be back down there for Thanksgiving. And maybe even in Gainesville for the FSU/ Florida game.

Anyway hope you guys are having a good one. A little groggy today. head a little heavy. But stayn sober. Talk soon. Chris
Old 09-26-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 7 coming into the evening. I find myself drinking coffee the past couple of days (never had a taste for coffee when I was drinking alcohol), but that's okay with me. Though, if it becomes an addiction, I will slow down.
Old 09-26-2013, 04:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good morning all on the Grand Final Eve !

Anyway, I am at the start of day 20 . This morning I am reflecting on the AA meeting last night and the overnight posts on this thread. It made me realize how grateful that I am sober and that it is something you have to work hard at and never take for granted. I need to avoid hubris and remain humble, appreciative of the people in my life and focus on being open minded and non-judgemental.

For all on the bandwagon, keep trucking and keep going. Onwards and upwards !

Renarde: goodness me, you are a rockstar !

Thos who had a slip: dont fret, dont worry, just keep trying and have faith in yourself !

SoberChristy: One of my very first threads on SR was the topic of staying stopped. I just couldn't stay stopped for more than 5 days. This was a pattern for me for decades. By the grace of my HP, I was very, very fortunate to receive a "spiritual awakening" on the night after my last bust. I have prayed and given thanks ever since. However, that isn't my point to you.

What I wanted to share with you was what my psychologist believes happened to me. Essentially, she believes that I had reached a depth of despair where I turned and looked at myself. However, instead of feeling self-loathing, hatred or shame, I felt compassion towards myself. I forgave myself. This was my turning point (I hope).

I hope that you understand that you do not need to feel shame or guilt. I would hope that you can forgive yourself and simple keep on trying. Have faith that if you keep on trying, then eventually you will succeed. Dont question your drinking. One can never solve an addictive action with rational thought.

Keep posting and keep strong

Thanks to all
Old 09-26-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Damn, my addictive voice is acting up now. I don't know what brought it on, but I'm telling it to pipe down.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

17 days sober. Still sweating like mad.Giving up the smokes next. Its all or nothing.Wish me luck. :-)
Old 09-26-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Way to go Kerryman!

Imabuleva I don't always know why my AV gets triggered. Sometimes I think it purposely pops up intermittently unconnected to a trigger because it wants to take me by surprise. Insidious little worm that it is. Glad the worm is turning for us all!
Old 09-26-2013, 05:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Well done, Kerryman. Keep it up and the withdrawal symptoms are bound to diminish drastically.

I think I got off easy, or I didn't drink for as long as some people. Because it's day 7 for me and I feel awesome.

One thing I'm sure about though is that alcohol was trying to rob me of my brain and my self respect. I'm taking both back.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Does your AV still pop up even a year and a half into sobriety, EternalQ?
Old 09-26-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Checking in - closed on the houses today. It's a very happy day for us. Strangely I feel very triggered. We were given a bottle of champagne. I told Dh I don't want to drink it. Thank god it isn't wine bc not sure if I'd be strong enough. Posting here before picking up. Got my recovery books in mail today thank god. Praying for strength. Lots of packing to do.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Stay busy Renarde! Helps me a lot...

1stepup, Yay good to see you here. i'm glad you're getting help. I'm sorry this last withdrawal was so bad

Just saying hi to everyone, new and old. I lounged around a lot today. Drank a really nice tea that my friend bought for me. It's very high quality and smooth, lots of caffeine. It's really nice to enjoy special beverages still.
I worked on a big drawing for my best friend's baby, who is abut to be born. My husband is going to make a frame. I hope the new parents like it. I have had too many ideas lately. Going to have to jot them all down
I'm going to be in an art show at the end of October, and I have four BIG paintings to finish by then!! I have so much work to do!!!! AAAA!!!! But I think I can pull it off, especially now that I am not drunk all the time
Old 09-26-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

well it's after 7pm so I guess I can say I've almost kicked day 4's ass. Better than it kicking mine I suppose.
Here's to getting through tomorrow!

congrats to everyone else!
Old 09-26-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hey all,
3.25am here and Im wiiiide awake *sob*

Welcome to croydonlad, zazz and lbm1

Plenny sounds like a lovely day am sure they'll love the pic x
1step good to see you
Imubeleva hope you kicked the av to the kerb x
Kk, well done hon !
Morning dee & eternal