Notices

Class of September 2013 part 7

Old 09-26-2013, 09:28 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey rooms
Feeling really awkward about posting to an Internet forum. Anyone up for an introverts' thread?
Feel free to start one if you like, or feel the need - I'm pretty introverted too...but this really is a welcome and a safe place.

D
Old 09-26-2013, 09:29 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I am sleepy (even though I drank two cups of coffee this evening lol).

On to day 8 tomorrow. Feeling neutral tonight, but I would normally be passed out drunk by now during my drinking days. So neutral is good.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:30 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by roomsforall View Post
Sorry to those awake in other time zones.

I am a little over an hour away from three weeks sober. The last few days have been slow. It's only once I start feeling better that the real psychological warfare begins.

Feeling really awkward about posting to an Internet forum. Anyone up for an introverts' thread?
Jump in - its all for one and one for all. There are so many posts that I think we all generally do our best to be present to whoever is posting around the same time that we are.

Congrats on 3 weeks!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:07 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Goodnight all. For the record, I should mention that I generally read quite a bit here right before bed, and I often drift off even if I'm in the middle of posting or something. So apologies if I ever leave someone hanging or appear to disappear abruptly. I still pass out I guess!
Old 09-27-2013, 12:35 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Bleh. i spoke too soon about feeling good. I am up since 2:30 with pain and swelling. Going to work on ice and trying to sleep in the recliner. Hoping some elvation helps the swelling.

I think my husband had 5 beers. On a work night. SNORING. I kicked him 3 times and he did not seem to even move or stir. Have I been sober long enough to express my concern for how much he drinks?
Old 09-27-2013, 12:47 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Morning all 4 weeks done today. one month and no booze yipeeeee delighted with myself, and the sun is out here this morning to celebrate with me.

Cant believe how quickly that passed good stuff. of now to the shops with friend so might treat myself to a latte and chocolate cake,no make that apple pie and cream don't really like choclate.. catch u all later.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:04 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Good morning all xx

Hope you did manage to get some sleep Rochele

My books are coming today yay looking forward to getting stuck into them over the weekend.

Last weekend in the month let's make it a sober one.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:57 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Morning all, day 2. I can sympathise with you Lorelei I too had a bad sleep last night. My brain is just racing atm with everything that's going on. Still better than being hungover though.

I'm off out for my driving lesson, kinda nervous!

Vroom vroom
Old 09-27-2013, 01:57 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Congrats on a month black that is fantastic! Hopefully this time next month I'll be right there with ya.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:27 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Wink

Happy Friday fellow abstainers! Got a busy weekend ahead, a bunch of work at a rental property...not really looking forward to it. But busy is good. As my wife always says I get into trouble when I'm bored, which she is 100% right. Anyway, everyone have a great day!
Old 09-27-2013, 02:59 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Good morning! It's Friday the 13th(day) for me...and the ironic part is that the final straw night was Friday the 13th...two weeks ago. Wow...that seems so much further back and it's only 2 wks. Anyway...leaving for my bfs grandsons 1st bday today so I may not have much time to check in this wknd. It's going to be a short busy wknd. Back on Sunday and back to work Monday. I'm feeling pretty strong again after a week night Wednesday. Really looking forward to 6 hr drive with bf...quality time to catch up and talk about everything we r thinking and feeling right now. Wishing everyone a safe and sober weekend. And just want to says thanks for all the support I have received that without I never wud have made it to this point. Let's all keep it up. Xoxo, B
Old 09-27-2013, 03:00 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Well done Black on 4wks
Old 09-27-2013, 03:02 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Day 44 and things are getting a LOT better!
Old 09-27-2013, 03:07 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Morning tallia hope you are ok hon xx

Grindlow, we will be a pair of grumps later then, I didn't go back to sleep, I've just spent a few hours, doing paperwork, running & then the Drs, blah!! hope the lesson went well x

Yankee, best to be busy!!

Well done James!!! x

Bbooo have a safe journey & a lovely time x

Rochele, sorry you are in pain hon, I would say yes, tell him since you've given it up you can see how much it affects ppl... x

day 27 - #iamafinisher...
Old 09-27-2013, 03:07 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Lorelei I always love seeing your face...makes me smile. Hope u have an especially good wknd. B thinking of u and hoping for good things. Stay strong!
Old 09-27-2013, 03:08 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bridgeeboo2006 View Post
Lorelei I always love seeing your face...makes me smile. Hope u have an especially good wknd. B thinking of u and hoping for good things. Stay strong!
awww a big cuddle for you thanks Bboo, you be safe & sober too honey xxx
Old 09-27-2013, 03:24 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Good morning! I've read a lot of very good insights and comments. One in particular was when one of us mentioned the "good times" we might of had with booze. For me I think that's right. The problem is the good times before were 10 years ago and trying to recapture them isn't going to happen. And the more I try the more I'm just a drunk sitting in front of my TV or sneaking booze or having a few hours alone to hit a bar. I see myself as the big time party guy when in reality I'm just a drunk. What I'm saying is this just gives me more ideas why it's time to move out of my rut and onto good times that are not destructive to my family, friends and myself. When I think about it like that sobriety can be excitingly new.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:42 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

~~~Food 4 Thought ~ Friday Edition~~~
~~~Mental Vitamins~~~

(Day 32 in progress...Dare 2 be better than you were yesterday)

Stop being your own worst enemy.Be your own best friend.

Don't put yourself down.Pull yourself up.

Don't permit others to define who you are.You cannot be a failure without your own consent.

Respect yourself.Place a high value on yourself.

Take stock of who you are and what are you capable of. Work on weaknesses and find new strengths every day.

Replace ''I can't '' with ''I can'' and ''I will''.

Treat yourself generously, the way you want others to treat you.

Be compassionate.Love yourself and others will love you.

Remember that you are an individual expression of God. As a work of God's art, you are priceless and irreplaceable.

Visualize what you want from life , then work toward it. See it, then be it.

Allow time to be by yourself , with yourself. Take time to appreciate yourself.

Enjoy your uniqueness. Out of all the billions of people since the beginning of time, there has never been , and never will be, another you.

Realize that you are important to the entire world; what happens to the world begins with you.

"Being grateful for the goodness that is already evident in your life will bring you a deeper sense of happiness. And that’s without having to go out and buy anything. It makes sense. We’re gonna have a hard time ever being happy if we aren’t thankful for what we already have"
Old 09-27-2013, 03:45 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Welcome Bills! SR really does help. Made the difference for me and many orhers. You can do it!
Old 09-27-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

~~~~ALL MY SEPTEMBER-ITES PLEASE READ~~~~
~~~~THE GOAL IS IN SIGHT~~~~

27 Days ago a large majority of us started this conquest to finish the month of September sober and start a "newnormal" for ourselves. As the month has progressed we have added many great and new class members along for the journey and it has been a fantastic journey. Let's remember that it doesnt matter is you slipped once or twice or three times this month what is to be celebrated are the days that you remained sober. Again...WHAT IS TO BE CELEBRATED ARE THE DAYS YOU REMAINED SOBER.
So prove to yourself that you are stronger than any external force and finish out the month sober....you can do it you already have.

What is important about that is the lesson learned from the experience and the knowing that you can go through the days sober...it is possible and you've done it. For those of us who have been successful with 27 days this month I commend you for your commitment and sticking to the goal...you should be extremely proud of yourselves for your accomplishment. It speaks volumes to your courage and will and perseverance to complete a goal and it can only transfer to other goals to accomplish in your lives.

~~~HERE IS THE KICKER PEOPLE ~~~ WE ARE NOT DONE...WE ARE NOT DONE~~~

They say that a marathon gets the toughest towards the end, when the body is at its weakest and you know the finish line is near but can't quite see the flagstick. This is where the winners and the finishers are born, losers and the next timers give in here...Well, #IMAFINISHER so losing is not an option for me, how about you?

Its ironic that this month ends on a weekend which is usually a major challenge for most of us here but I take it as a testament to your will. Let's not do it easy, lets do it hard and charge through the weekend and finish like gangbusters on Monday. Despite our cravings, despite our anxieties, despite our social engagements, despite football, despite soccer, despite the bars etc...One thing matters right now...FINISHING...FINISHING.

Come Monday September 30th I "will" be a Finisher of September Sober...All I want to know is who is going to finish with me...WHO IS GOING TO FINISH WITH ME?!!!

~~~#IMASEPTEMBERFINISHER~~~ NOW BRING THE DAMN WEEKEND ON ~IM READY!!!