Notices

Class of September 2013 part 7

Old 09-27-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I'll be there Blkdiesel!

Not having the best of days though ad day 32 though. I am rushing to be 'OK' and I'm not yet. A day of anxiety and shakiness today. Not an urge to drink in sight though I am pleased to say.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Blkdiesel. I'm in...

Lorelei and Grindilow - sorry about the rough night's sleep (or lack of it) but that gives you a great reason to take a nap this morning without feeling guilty at all!

Back great job Black on 4 weeks

Renarde - I would say follow your instincts and have a discussion with him. If nothing else, he will know that you are concerned for his health and you will have it off your chest, one less thing to think about.

I had lunch with a dear friend yesterday whom I haven't seen for about a month. I told her that I had quit drinking and she was literally unable to speak for a few minutes. Evidently none of my friends can imagine me without a drink in my hand (not good). We had a great catch up lunch for over an hour and then as we were leaving she looked at me and said "Sobriety surprisingly suits you." Made me smile.... As did her text last night that said she couldn't stop thinking about me all day and how much happier I looked.

Sober is good....who knew?
Old 09-27-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Back from my driving lesson and no small children were harmed, so it must of went pretty well!

I'm a bit more awake now Lorelei! Hopefully that run has tired you out and you'll sleep a bit better tonight.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaneda8888 View Post
What I wanted to share with you was what my psychologist believes happened to me. Essentially, she believes that I had reached a depth of despair where I turned and looked at myself. However, instead of feeling self-loathing, hatred or shame, I felt compassion towards myself. I forgave myself. This was my turning point (I hope).

I hope that you understand that you do not need to feel shame or guilt. I would hope that you can forgive yourself and simple keep on trying. Have faith that if you keep on trying, then eventually you will succeed. Dont question your drinking. One can never solve an addictive action with rational thought.
Kaneda, this is good stuff!!! I sometimes feel it is so much easier for us to show compassion for another human being , but not so much when it comes to ourselves.

I, myself, have had to learn to love and take care of the little girl in me that felt so alone in my youth...and in that have tried to give that same compassion to the woman I have become, the good and the bad.

Thank you for sharing!!
GGirl
Old 09-27-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Too many posts to call out anyone in particular. Your all in my thoughts!

So, welcome newbees and great job on sobriety to those. To those getting back on the horse, keep trying and get a boost if need be. Then you'll be up and you can ride on!

Day (9) and I cannot even remember if I had a tiny thought.

In the past I'd get confused because I would challenge myself. I'd think about drinking and the affect it would have on me and if I could just shut those thoughts down. The outcome was not always good.

Then the more I read, the more I realized that it is neurological addiction otherwise know as AV.

Hopefully, I can keep it up by immediately changing or shutting down those evil thoughts! So, far it's been working!

I am thankful that I can continue building my puzzle by taking different pieces shared by all of you that is relevant for me. And I know for sure that same applies when expressing my experiences and knowledge to all of you by your comments that are positively reinforced.

Stay strong Septermberites!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:09 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Morning. A beautiful day 13. Almost back to where I failed last time. Not complaining though because sober 27 out of 29 days is a damn good September.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grindilow View Post
Back from my driving lesson and no small children were harmed, so it must of went pretty well!

I'm a bit more awake now Lorelei! Hopefully that run has tired you out and you'll sleep a bit better tonight.
Hello grind I remember when I took my first driving lesson I actually ran over some somebody's chicken but I did the right thing I went back and left a suicide note with the chicken.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Uninvited View Post
Morning. A beautiful day 13. Almost back to where I failed last time. Not complaining though because sober 27 out of 29 days is a damn good September.
Correct Uninvited, Celebrate the days that you were sober and learn from those 2 days that you slipped and see what triggered them so you can be ready when they arise again. Celebrate the victories...the small or the large they all count#IMAFINISHER
Old 09-27-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Good job everybody on September many of us are in different stages of sobriety and its not easy so congratulations to all of us.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:50 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Joined today. Day 5 for me. Find it extremely helpful to read testimonies, stories and encouragement on this site.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Welcome newcomers!

Day 18 here and a complete turn around from the basket case I was a few weeks ago.

I have an unusual ritual I do every day.

There is an old black and white photograph I have of a little boy, 3 or 4 years old, sitting on his first tricycle.

He has a cowboy hat on and is grinning from ear to ear and obviously he is supremely happy with life.

It's me in the photograph of course, when I was a young child.

I look at that picture every morning, and think to myself:
"That little boy deserves a good life"

It's up to me to give it to him.

Have a wonderful day everyone, sobriety is the way to go.
Do whatever it takes.

x0
Old 09-27-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi Normand! Welcome!

Three weeks today. Wishing I had more time behind me, then realizing that, even if I did, things would be the same as today in certain important ways.

My hypochondriasis returns with a vengeance whenever I get sober. Of all my anxiety symptoms, this seems to be the biggest trigger. Does anyone else experience this?
Old 09-27-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hooped: Compassion for oneself seems so vital. It seems like you've found a really good device for connecting with yourself. Thanks for the reminder that it doesn't need to be all tough love. Sometimes understanding of and kindness to oneself is what pulls the day.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post
Hello grind I remember when I took my first driving lesson I actually ran over some somebody's chicken but I did the right thing I went back and left a suicide note with the chicken.
That really made me laugh! No chickens were harmed but I did smell an angry clutch at one point!
Old 09-27-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

hellloooooo

nice to see ya fish, lol that made me laugh bout the chicken !!

glad you and everyone else survived your lesson G

hey hoops, normand, uninvited, blacks, GG, Mentium, NT....

everyone in the sept class, 5 days to go
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
imagesCAZ0J8FL.jpg (12.9 KB, 64 views)
Old 09-27-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Day 10 and home from town. Many, MANY cornettos shall be eaten this weekend, but NO alcohol
Old 09-27-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Can't wait to get through this weekend sober.

One sober month will be in the books.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

lorelia cant believe only 5 days to go. At the beginning of Sept it seemed a long way to the end.
Poor chicken didn't even make dinner Fish
How are you today tailia
like the picture idea hooped
glad the driving went ok grind
I have now driven to work 24 miles 20 days sober . That's the first in a long time
Old 09-27-2013, 09:07 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

5 days in....back at the office and actually feeling the best I have all week. fingers crossed it continues - hoping for better from here on in.

congrats to everyone else! another month quickly approaches!
Old 09-27-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Day 12 and going into my 2nd weekend....feeling a little uneasy but know I can make this happen for me!! Feeling too healthy to let it slip away!!

Happy Friday everyone!!!

GGirl