Notices

Class of September 2013 part 7

Old 09-26-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Lorelai do you go for a walk when you can't sleep? I never know what to do I generally lay there haha
Old 09-26-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Lol, plenny I've got up put a boring film on and made a drink, hopefully ill fall asleep again soon, just the old brain on overload
Old 09-26-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Hey all,
3.25am here and Im wiiiide awake *sob*

Welcome to croydonlad, zazz and lbm1

Plenny sounds like a lovely day am sure they'll love the pic x
1step good to see you
Imubeleva hope you kicked the av to the kerb x
Kk, well done hon !
Morning dee & eternal
Renarde sending you some strength xxxx
Well done kane & kerryman x
Chris hope your head is soon better x

Off for a wander x
I'm sorry you can't sleep Lorelei. You need to rest up so you can keep the September bus on course.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oh I thought wander meant walk
I read nonsense online -- whatever random questions I have about anything -- and that usually does the trick for me
Old 09-26-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I thought a wander meant walk too and I was hoping she lived in a safe neighborhood. Night all.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Lol UI, you mean *drive* everyone mad

Oh sorry plenny, I meant wander the boards, I wouldnt go wandering outside at this time, probably fall over some sheep or something lol..I just found the classical music thread so listening to that
Old 09-26-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Night uninvited x
Old 09-26-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Sorry to those awake in other time zones.

I am a little over an hour away from three weeks sober. The last few days have been slow. It's only once I start feeling better that the real psychological warfare begins.

Feeling really awkward about posting to an Internet forum. Anyone up for an introverts' thread?
Old 09-26-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

roomsforall, hi! I think I know what you mean... Some of my early slips happened when I started feeling healthy and confident, then I'd trick myself.
By the way, this is the first internet posting or whatever I've done, it did feel strange at first. But it's so useful when feeling compromised, so good job doing that when things started feeling iffy
Old 09-26-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi to you, Plenny!

Yes, the urge to pick up wears so many cloaks. I'm starting to think that rather than drinking to forget, I drink because I have already forgotten who and what I am. That distinction seems to help me.

This board is a great resource! I'm so glad that so many people in recovery are using it actively. It's good to have company in this whenever I pick up my phone!
Old 09-26-2013, 08:15 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hey room, lovely to have you with us, don't worry about posting, we are all in very similar situations x
Old 09-26-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I found out after years of practice the best kind of wife to have is someone else's haha. End of day 18
Old 09-26-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

fish....you make me laugh....well done on day 18
Old 09-26-2013, 08:49 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Fishy, very naughty
Lorelei, get some sleep !
Old 09-26-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been attentive to everyone else's posts today. I'll be back to normal next week. I'm exhausted but almost everything is packed. Avoided drinking. Who wants to be hungover and depressed on moving day, when I'm supposed to be making a very happy and fresh start? Going to read a bit if my new books and go to bed. Love everyone.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:05 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks, Renarde.

Your happiness made me smile. I'm feeling neutral tonight, but glad I'm going into day 8 tomorrow.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

It will get so much better as days go by! And hey congrats on a week down!!!

What do I do with the champagne? I am thinking of leaving it behind for the buyers. I told Dh I don't want it. I said I am trying not to drink and champagne gives me awful hangovers, which is true. He seemed to agree and not be too into the thought of drinking it. He knows I threw out that bottle of wine I was given as a gift. I think he was really surprised by that.

He had been very supportive of me this time. It has been helpful. Plus with his new meds for anxiety he isn't really drinking either. We are actually out if it without plans to replace for the first time maybe in years.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Rooms, it took a while for me to remember how easy it is to access this forum at any moment. It's been so helpful. When entering into a difficult situation I remember all of the advice these folks have given and I don't feel alone. Being alone isn't necessarily the problem I guess (I just love being solitary) but maybe the idea of being alone in a school of thought or feeling outnumbered affected me... In any case, knowing there's so many out there going through the same thing constantly reminded me that it's possible to get through this. And I've recently learned that it feels good to just pipe up whenever I need to
Old 09-26-2013, 09:17 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Wow Renarde good job. Also, sounds like the last thing you two need is booze in the spokes of your little operation (not little I know it sounds very overwhelming).
These days, with the level of cognizance that I need just to keep stuff running, I wonder how I ever did it drunk! I'm beginning to forget how I ever managed at all. It feels good in a weird way
Old 09-26-2013, 09:22 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I like how you described all of that. I can't believe all we did either when we were so sick. It does feel good to be well.