Notices

Class of September 2013 part 5

Old 09-19-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Welcome, firstandlast, javamama, 83mama, 107l, and takingback! And many congrats to all ya'll who are piling up the days. I'm so happy to be here with you in this terrific class.

fifth, you're doing great, my man. So proud of you. You too, Christy. Great strides.

Fishnhippy, you are so funny! You have some of the best lines to read in the whole class. Just look at that inflatable whiskey sign as "Shortcut to Hell", and don't be tempted to take that exit. I believe in you.

Renarde--we have a common issue. Not with kids or drink, but what to do with the nice wine glasses. I've decided those are no longer wine glasses, they are ice cream compotes!

I also wondered (can't remember who else mentioned this) if your h's insomnia, lack of appetite, and increased anxiety could be due to the antidepressant. Those are classic early symptoms for someone starting on an SSRI. The good news is that they generally lessen after the first 2 to 3 weeks. If not, then there are lots of alternatives. Keep after the doctor until h finds the right one. I don't want to cross the medical advice line, but you are free to PM me if you like. I have some experience with this.

OK, I better post this now so I can read the 3 pages that just hit while I was typing! Love our active class. Stay safe and sober, my friends.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Hey nuway x

Im off out now gang being dragged out for a meal to cheer me up, see ya laters xx
Old 09-19-2013, 09:50 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

hi renarde stay strong remember one day at a time .you have a lot on at the minute and the last thing you need to have is a fuzzy brain straight thinking needed now xx
Old 09-19-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
V disappointed here tbml, tuts!

Well done java mama! Xx
lol....well, you'd only be a little disappointed

Yes, JM.....11 days is great. And hang in there F'nH!

I'm at bottom of the barrel here, I need to step it up for sure. Yay, 1/2 so far.....whoo-hoo!

My AV can rough me up a bit, but cannot take away my sense of humor.

B.r. TBML
Old 09-19-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

welcome to all the new people
fish ithink you need to go and buy a big sharp needle and burst that bottle
Old 09-19-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

2 hours into quitting tobacco. This might actually be harder.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Eugh uninvited! 2 things at once! Gd luck x

Lol TBML, whats the BR for, Bradley Rocks?
Old 09-19-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Nice!......just politically correct......Best regards!

Now I'll have to avoid any abbreviations with B's and C's with you.

B.r. TBML
Old 09-19-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Ah botheration, been to gynecologist and referred to another one tomorrow so something is going to happen. for all our September men, it is women trouble.. lol

Yoctopus this is new to me "Co. dependent" but I was shocked to read all the traits a codependent person has. The more I read I could see myself leaping out of the computer. Needy, no self esteem, looking after others needs, alcohol dependent and on it goes. Said this to hubby he is away from home and he said we will have a long chat at the weekend about it.
Surprised my therapist has not picked up on it ..... yet maybe.

Ok have to go again heading to a meditation class now. I can't sit still especially on my trigger night Thrusday's.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

F@#$ that whisky bottle Fish. My F keeps a bottle on our shelf that she mixes into hard cider. She loves it. I've never tried it. Not for me. Don't let an inflatable piece of plastic tempt ya...
Old 09-19-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Aw, I was teasing lol,
My taxi is here, will check in later, I WILL NOT DRINK!

X
Old 09-19-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

~~~Accountability Start/Finish Repost~~~~

Just checking in with all my September Finishers, I originally posted this message at the beginning of the month and I think that it is the appropiate time that I repost it since we are about 3/4 ways through the month. So for all the people who joined as the month progressed this has been our mantra since the month started. Also, for all the finishers who started the month here this is a reminder of the goal for this month. I commend you all for your dedication to a "new normal" but the work is far from finished so let's stay focused.

~~~Original Post Below~~~

I see that there are alot of us signed up for the class this month and the input thusfar has been tremendous. I just want us to be very accountable for each other as the month goes along. Its very easy to start something when the motivation is at its strongest,or for us here, when we have been at our weakest and know we need a change.

The worst thing one can do is start something and not finish it, I had a very good meeting with some personal development peers about the very issue Start/Finsh and we came up with this ideaology.

"It doesn't matter how many people that start, it matters how many finish" I repeat!!!
"It doesn't matter how many people that start, it matters how many finish They don't give out medals to those of us who start a thing, they only give them out to those who finish...THOSE WHO FINISH!!!

#IMSTILLAFINISHER!!! LET ME KNOW WHO IS FINISHING SEPTEMBER WITH ME!!!
#DAY24

Old 09-19-2013, 11:17 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BLKDIESEL View Post
~~~Accountability Start/Finish Repost~~~~

Just checking in with all my September Finishers, I originally posted this message at the beginning of the month and I think that it is the appropiate time that I repost it since we are about 3/4 ways through the month. So for all the people who joined as the month progressed this has been our mantra since the month started. Also, for all the finishers who started the month here this is a reminder of the goal for this month. I commend you all for your dedication to a "new normal" but the work is far from finished so let's stay focused.

~~~Original Post Below~~~

I see that there are alot of us signed up for the class this month and the input thusfar has been tremendous. I just want us to be very accountable for each other as the month goes along. Its very easy to start something when the motivation is at its strongest,or for us here, when we have been at our weakest and know we need a change.

The worst thing one can do is start something and not finish it, I had a very good meeting with some personal development peers about the very issue Start/Finsh and we came up with this ideaology.

"It doesn't matter how many people that start, it matters how many finish" I repeat!!!
"It doesn't matter how many people that start, it matters how many finish They don't give out medals to those of us who start a thing, they only give them out to those who finish...THOSE WHO FINISH!!!

#IMSTILLAFINISHER!!! LET ME KNOW WHO IS FINISHING SEPTEMBER WITH ME!!!
#DAY24

Still here. Most of the way through day 19. Ready for more.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:20 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Hi BLKDIEDEL,I am finiishing this month with you: sobriety date- 9_12_13. Glad to have such good company!!
Old 09-19-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

I am here still hanging in #IAMAFINISHER
Old 09-19-2013, 11:56 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

I am still here, too.

Tomorrow is my day 18. The longest stretch I've gone without drinking in the past 20 months is 18 days and that was last month, so it'll be sort of a milestone for me.

#iamafinisher - I will finish this month, but I don't expect I will ever be finished. (And I am Finnish, lol)
Old 09-19-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

bkldiedel im in till the end day 19 for me
Old 09-19-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Day 4 for me...I was tested last night when my boyfriend came over with ice cream for the kids and a bottle of wine for me...I did not drink it, but it's in my fridge.

I haven't disclosed to him or anyone except SR that I need to quit drinking to be a better mom, healthier and happier person. Not sure why I don't want to confide in anyone right now, but I do feel really strong and determined. And just as I type those words a little voice in my head starts gabbing and I'm sure it's my AV....I'm new at dealing with that b****.

Just doing a lot of self-evaluating(over-thinking) but it feels good to get to know myself minus the numbing effect of alcohol.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuway2fly View Post
Welcome, firstandlast, javamama, 83mama, 107l, and takingback! And many congrats to all ya'll who are piling up the days. I'm so happy to be here with you in this terrific class.

fifth, you're doing great, my man. So proud of you. You too, Christy. Great strides.

Fishnhippy, you are so funny! You have some of the best lines to read in the whole class. Just look at that inflatable whiskey sign as "Shortcut to Hell", and don't be tempted to take that exit. I believe in you.

Renarde--we have a common issue. Not with kids or drink, but what to do with the nice wine glasses. I've decided those are no longer wine glasses, they are ice cream compotes!

I also wondered (can't remember who else mentioned this) if your h's insomnia, lack of appetite, and increased anxiety could be due to the antidepressant. Those are classic early symptoms for someone starting on an SSRI. The good news is that they generally lessen after the first 2 to 3 weeks. If not, then there are lots of alternatives. Keep after the doctor until h finds the right one. I don't want to cross the medical advice line, but you are free to PM me if you like. I have some experience with this.

OK, I better post this now so I can read the 3 pages that just hit while I was typing! Love our active class. Stay safe and sober, my friends.
Hi there! I will have to figure out what to do with them. Good idea w ice cream! I wish all of this was due to the AD. All of this was happening long before the AD, unfortunately. He was put on Celexa for anxiety.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

I'm into double digits now..yippie!