Class of September 2013 part 5

Old 09-19-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Good luck yocto, one way or another things will work out x

Rochele, hope your little girl feels better soon, and you x

Newleaf, hope you're ok x
Old 09-19-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thnx lorelei - you are amazing! Always spreading cheer.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Mmm, not sure about that, just been told Im naìve and made to feel really stupid after believing someones lies, maybe I shouldn't look for the best in people, moan over, and thx y xx
Old 09-19-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Day 17 and last nigh I slept 15 hours!!! I'm not sick I just couldn't keep my eyes open. I feel great this morning. Am I still having some withdrawal symptoms?
Old 09-19-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

You're healing kdb, just go with it when your body needs to sleep x
Old 09-19-2013, 06:46 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

~~~Food For Thought ~ Weekday Edition~~~
~~~Be True 2 Yourself ~ Part II~~~

7. Enjoy Life
Take the time to see the beauty around you. There’s more to life than work. Take time to smell the roses, watch a sunset or sunrise with a loved one, take a walk along the seashore, hike in the woods etc. Learn to live in the present moment and cherish it. Don’t live in the past or the future.

8. Laugh
Don’t take yourself – or life to seriously. You can find humor in just about any situation. Laugh at yourself – no one’s perfect. When appropriate laugh and make light of the circumstances. (Naturally there are times that you should be serious as it would be improper to laugh.)

9. Forgive
Holding a grudge will hurt no one but you. Forgive others for your own peace of mind. When you make a mistake – own up to it – learn from it – and FORGIVE yourself.

10. Gratitude
Develop an attitude of gratitude. Count your blessings; All of them – even the things that seem trivial. Be grateful for your home, your work and most importantly your family and friends. Take the time to tell them that you are happy they are in your life.

11. Invest in Relationships
Always make sure your loved ones know you love them even in times of conflict. Nurture and grow your relationships with your family and friends by making the time to spend with them. Don’t break your promises to them. Be supportive.

12. Keep Your Word
Honesty is the best policy. Every action and decision you make should be based on honesty. Be honest with yourself and with your loved ones.

13. Meditate
Meditation gives your very active brain a rest. When it’s rested you will have more energy and function at a higher level. Types of meditation include yoga, hypnosis, relaxation tapes, affirmations, visualization or just sitting in complete silence. Find something you enjoy and make the time to practice daily.

14. Mind Your Own Business
Concentrate on creating your life the way you want it. Take care of you and your family. Don’t get overly concerned with what other people are doing or saying. Don’t get caught up with gossip or name calling. Don’t judge. Everyone has a right to live their own life the way they want to – including you.

~Day 24 in process class, I apologize for the brevity of my post lately but I'm quite busy working on projects, but have been checking in periodically. I will check back in later on and tomorrow give an assessment of where I am and how my own journey is going. have a great sober day my people.~

#IMAFINISHER
Old 09-19-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BLKDIESEL View Post
~~~Food For Thought ~ Weekday Edition~~~
~~~Be True 2 Yourself ~ Part II~~~

7. Enjoy Life
Take the time to see the beauty around you. There’s more to life than work. Take time to smell the roses, watch a sunset or sunrise with a loved one, take a walk along the seashore, hike in the woods etc. Learn to live in the present moment and cherish it. Don’t live in the past or the future.

8. Laugh
Don’t take yourself – or life to seriously. You can find humor in just about any situation. Laugh at yourself – no one’s perfect. When appropriate laugh and make light of the circumstances. (Naturally there are times that you should be serious as it would be improper to laugh.)

9. Forgive
Holding a grudge will hurt no one but you. Forgive others for your own peace of mind. When you make a mistake – own up to it – learn from it – and FORGIVE yourself.

10. Gratitude
Develop an attitude of gratitude. Count your blessings; All of them – even the things that seem trivial. Be grateful for your home, your work and most importantly your family and friends. Take the time to tell them that you are happy they are in your life.

11. Invest in Relationships
Always make sure your loved ones know you love them even in times of conflict. Nurture and grow your relationships with your family and friends by making the time to spend with them. Don’t break your promises to them. Be supportive.

12. Keep Your Word
Honesty is the best policy. Every action and decision you make should be based on honesty. Be honest with yourself and with your loved ones.

13. Meditate
Meditation gives your very active brain a rest. When it’s rested you will have more energy and function at a higher level. Types of meditation include yoga, hypnosis, relaxation tapes, affirmations, visualization or just sitting in complete silence. Find something you enjoy and make the time to practice daily.

14. Mind Your Own Business
Concentrate on creating your life the way you want it. Take care of you and your family. Don’t get overly concerned with what other people are doing or saying. Don’t get caught up with gossip or name calling. Don’t judge. Everyone has a right to live their own life the way they want to – including you.

~Day 24 in process class, I apologize for the brevity of my post lately but I'm quite busy working on projects, but have been checking in periodically. I will check back in later on and tomorrow give an assessment of where I am and how my own journey is going. have a great sober day my people.~

#IMAFINISHER
Thanks BD. Feel like I should print this and hang it for future reference.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

HIYA End of Day five. I have been over doing it with the retail therapy. Decided to deal with my smoking habit also and I've bought a couple electronic cigarette kits so I've outlaid a bit of cash. I'm thinking a 'vaping' habit is less damaging to the lungs and mouth/throat than tobacco smoke. I also figured that if i'm going to be a non drinker, I may as well be a non smoker too.

I have passed the bottle shop a few times in the last few days and wondering if they miss me or their sales are down.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:05 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Yoctopus View Post
I am scared of myself-scared to be alone-scared to die alone. I over think things. I know that I need to be happy with myself before I can ever be a good partner. I'm hopeful this is something I can work on in the context of my current relationship, but if not, I am determined to do things the right way. Thanks for the helpful words. You guys are all great and I applaud everyone that is struggling through beating this addiction. September has been a pretty darn good month.
Yoctopus, I think we all look at the distinction of weighing the alone vs lonely scenario. I do believe wholeheartedly that being alone and loving your own company and the live you are actively living along with your friends and family is far better than being lonely. Lonely to me designates something missing in ones live and not loving in total who you are and where you are in life. That usually makes us look to others to complete our happiness and therefore gives away our own power when that other person does not meet our needs. The worst place to be is in a relationship and still feeling lonely. I repeat...
"The worst place to be is in a relationship and still feeling lonely"

With that said, I think we drink and drug to some extent to mask our fear of facing our true selves without the drinks and drugs to mask the inadequate things in our lives. Weather in a relationship or without one we owe it to ourselves to take time to work on, and nurture, the relationship we have with ourselves.

I really love me some me lol and my own company so I can be alone, but I'm never ever lonely...just my 2 cents and you can keep the change. #IMAFINISHER
Old 09-19-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I don't know about sales being down but about six months ago the owner of one of the shops where I bought wine said to me he was thinking of me when he put some wine on offer @ embarrassed

Still didn't knee jere me into quitting though just used a different shop
Old 09-19-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in from my phone on the way to work. Day 2 feels good waking up sober even this early. Finally got some decent sleep last night.

Hi Bacon-happy to see you here!

Black-good luck today. Be strong.

Hope all the mommas here and their kiddos are doing well :-)
Old 09-19-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunset01 View Post
Hi Renard, I just read my post back and I feel like I was prying, I should stop thinking "out loud" sorry for that. You're posts have been a real comfort to me and I hope I didn't upset you.

Sorry bubs still sick and that you feel better soon too!

Will sign off here have some reading to do. Hope everyone has a great sober day,night, morning where ever you are.
Not at all! No need to apologize! I'm sorry if my post sounded short - I wrote it at like 2 am when the baby was up coughing, not my most articulate time of day! Haha
Old 09-19-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Yoctopus View Post
Thanks BD. Feel like I should print this and hang it for future reference.
Your quite welcome Yoctopus, the first part of it unfortunately is in the last thread we used for the class. September class part 4. if you want me to repost that portion here I would be glad to do so. Hopefully, it can serve for some positive change in our lives. #IMAFINISHER
Old 09-19-2013, 07:14 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

~~~Food for Thought ~ Weekday Edition~~~
~~~Be True 2 Yourself ~ Part 1 Repost~~~

1. Appreciate Life
Be thankful that you woke up alive each morning. Develop a childlike sense of wonder towards life. Focus on the beauty of every living thing. Make the most of each day. Don’t take anything for granted. Don’t sweat the small stuff.

2. Choose Friends Wisely
Surround yourself with happy, positive people who share your values and goals. Friends that have the same ethics as you will encourage you to achieve your dreams. They help you to feel good about yourself. They are there to lend a helping hand when needed.

3. Be Considerate
Accept others for who they are as well as where they are in life. Respect them for who they are. Touch them with a kind and generous spirit. Help when you are able, without trying to change the other person. Try to brighten the day of everyone you come into contact with.

4. Learn Continuously
Keep up to date with the latest news regarding your career and hobbies. Try new and daring things that has sparked your interest – such as dancing, skiing, surfing or sky-diving.

5. Creative Problem Solving
Don’t wallow in self-pity. As soon as you face a challenge get busy finding a solution. Don’t let the set backs affect your mood, instead see each new obstacle you face as an opportunity to make a positive change. Learn to trust your gut instincts – it’s almost always right.

6. Do What You Love
Some statistics show that 80% of people dislike their jobs! No wonder there’s so many unhappy people running around. We spend a great deal of our life working. Choose a career that you enjoy – the extra money of a job you detest isn’t worth it. Make time to enjoy your hobbies and pursue special interests.

7. Enjoy Life

"Reposted from yesterday for part 5 of this September class thread."
Old 09-19-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Day 5! Don't even miss it.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:19 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Day 18 drink free, feel good. I haven't had a cigarette in 4 day either...fortunately booze and fags go hand in hand..say TTFN to one and the other follows suit! I am finding music has been a huge crutch these last few days...it just blocks out the voice of (un)reason...

To all of you..Keep Passing the open windows xxx
Old 09-19-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hey class, day 6 here. Had a nice chilled out day geeking out so far. Get to see my better half tonight so looking forward to that, even if it does mean I have to watch her rubbish on the TV!

Other than that, all is well, planning on cooking up a curry for dinner, looking forward to a sober weekend.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for the support. In sorry if I was a thread hog. Being able to share here last night kept me going.

Everyone seems to be making a lot if progress. I feel so fortunate to be in this group.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tallia View Post
I don't know about sales being down but about six months ago the owner of one of the shops where I bought wine said to me he was thinking of me when he put some wine on offer @ embarrassed

Still didn't knee jere me into quitting though just used a different shop
This is why I was too embarrassed to keep buying from the same store and rotated my shopping. I expect the whole town to experience a mini recession soon.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Day 21. Made it thru last night thanks to advice on this forum. I can't believe I've made it to Day 21 without a drink. Have never got passed 3 days before.