Notices

Class of September 2013 part 5

Old 09-19-2013, 02:15 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi Renard, I just read my post back and I feel like I was prying, I should stop thinking "out loud" sorry for that. You're posts have been a real comfort to me and I hope I didn't upset you.

Sorry bubs still sick and that you feel better soon too!

Will sign off here have some reading to do. Hope everyone has a great sober day,night, morning where ever you are.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:44 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi Dee, welcome back

No did not read "Melody Beattie", this book but did see someone mention it along the thread. ordered 3 books yesterday so will get this one after that. amazon flat out these days sending me books lol.

Of for my appointment today so will call back later.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:31 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I have put on a few pounds since I quit is this normal? I got on the talking scale at work and it said one at a time please..
Old 09-19-2013, 03:34 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

you just made me LOL fish, I think its different for us all, I've lost weight, but others put a bit on, does it really matter though if you are sober, deal with the few extra pounds when your sobriety is secure x
Old 09-19-2013, 03:36 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
you just made me LOL fish, I think its different for us all, I've lost weight, but others put a bit on, does it really matter though if you are sober, deal with the few extra pounds when your sobriety is secure x
I guess the money I am saving on booze I'm going to have to spend on fat pants
Old 09-19-2013, 03:40 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Talking

or ice cream?
Old 09-19-2013, 03:40 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Jazz fish, I also had a little insomnia. I am at day 12 and it comes and goes. I don't worry about t though.

Fishnhippy, I wouldn't worry abut it. Your appetite is returning. Losing weight isn't a big deal, I think
Old 09-19-2013, 03:42 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

LMAO Fish!! I'm in the same boat..I didn't eat that much when drinking now my appetite is back so I'm not seeing the weight loss I expected either. I'm on day 25 so I'll consider myself a September baby. Starting October 1..gonna try the gym. I'll be honest..I hate exercise but I guess it's a necessary evil.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:05 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FishnHippy View Post

I guess the money I am saving on booze I'm going to have to spend on fat pants
Haha this really did make me LOL

Nothing wrong with having some fat pants in your wardrobe fish :-)
Old 09-19-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Renarde, boy it keeps flying at you this week, doesn't it? Life is really testing you right now and you are passing with flying colors. I hope the baby is okay. It is awful and stressful all on its won when they get sick, never mind with all you have on your plate. I hope that your program is understanding of your being a mother and having these issues now and again.

One day at a time applies to many aspects of life, not just sobriety. Just get through today. Hugs.

Hopefully the medication will help your husband. I am guessing he is anxious about the move as well?
Old 09-19-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Black View Post
Was reading about Co dependent last night and totally believe I am one so need to talk to my therapist about how to change it.
I'm totally with you on this Black. I see my therapist tonight and want to focus on overcoming/reducing this need. I feel like I would be dead without my F, and that all my happiness stems from my relationship. Very unhealthy. Feel free to msg me if you ever want support or to chat about this. I find that talking to others is one of the things I can do to ease the pain/fear, but that often I find others can't relate if they are not familiar with being codependent. Oh healthy relationships, why do you elude me?
Old 09-19-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Fishinhippie, I tend to lose a few when I stop drinking. Sobriety typically comes with more mindful eating for me. I tend to binge not only on wine, but food as well, when I drink. Lowered inhibitions and all.

Welcome Bacon! Any other new members? I hate to forget to welcome or say hello to someone.

I feel strong in this early phase of sobriety. Over the hump of the first week or so, and into feeling relieved about not feeling blah all the time. Overall, I have had more energy for my kids and to catch up on a few things at home.

Still fighting the cold. What are ya gonna do? Kids bring them home and every now and they, they generously share them with me.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Yoctopus, I can identify with feeling the need for someone else to be happy. I attached myself to strongly in that way in two of my younger relationships. It was only after a period of time alone, that I really felt free and happy. I realized I could be happy alone. It was a very good thing. Sometimes, as a mother, and with stress, I wish I could go back to that lovely little apartment. It was so tidy, and just me and my cat, who adored me.

I think you are doing good work on yourself, going to therapy and looking for happiness within yourself.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, nice to see you all doing well. Day 5 here, going good, doing my best so this dosn't end. Planning the day from the morning is helping a lot.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:37 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you, fifth x
Old 09-19-2013, 05:45 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Renarde, you really DO have so much going on right now. I'm so happy you feel comfortable enough to share and vent here.

Your RESOLVE clearly as clearly through your posts as your concern for family.

It appears that you may be on the tightrope for a while. Just know that you can make it to the other side. Think of all those tools you've gathered as your balancing pole and all of us as your safety net.

Hoping today brings you some peace, your husband some relief, and your little one good health.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:50 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

When does your friend arrive, Rochele? Hoping that cold lifts enough to fully enjoy the visit!
Old 09-19-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

My friend is coming tomorrow, Newleaf. She is staying at a hotel, so I do not have to go crazy getting the junk, I mean, guest room ready, lol. I think I will be fine enough to drive her around a few sights, and walk around a few sights with her. Now that I am up a few hours, I think today is better than yesterday.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Sounds like a very nice weekend!

Our home "office" is our junk room... And I have to confess that one of my favorite clean up tricks is stashing junk-filled laundry baskets upstairs and into first floor closets!

Glad you're on the mend.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Yoctopus, I can identify with feeling the need for someone else to be happy. I attached myself to strongly in that way in two of my younger relationships. It was only after a period of time alone, that I really felt free and happy. I realized I could be happy alone. It was a very good thing. Sometimes, as a mother, and with stress, I wish I could go back to that lovely little apartment. It was so tidy, and just me and my cat, who adored me.

I think you are doing good work on yourself, going to therapy and looking for happiness within yourself.
Very poetic rochele I have decided that if it doesn't work out with my F I will take an undetermined time to be on my own, no dating, no sex, just working on myself, exploring who I am. I have pretty much jumped into one relationship after another since turning 18. I am scared of myself-scared to be alone-scared to die alone. I over think things. I know that I need to be happy with myself before I can ever be a good partner. I'm hopeful this is something I can work on in the context of my current relationship, but if not, I am determined to do things the right way. Thanks for the helpful words. You guys are all great and I applaud everyone that is struggling through beating this addiction. September has been a pretty darn good month.