Notices

Class of September 2013 part 5

Old 09-19-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CathieJ View Post
Day 21. Made it thru last night thanks to advice on this forum. I can't believe I've made it to Day 21 without a drink. Have never got passed 3 days before.
Cathie congrats on 3 weeks!! That is massive!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:35 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Just read about 50+ posts.

Uh, and I look like Bradley Cooper.....ha!......now that I have some attention....

There are so many posts I want to comment on, so, I will send a "stay strong" and "I hope everyone rises above their hurdles" and "great job"....across the board

Well, I couldn't get past day (1). How is it that I can go to lunch with my friends and they drink beer and I drink water, but when I get home, I'm compelled to drink! I'm just discouraged right now!

I have gone 84 days, 63 days, 30 here and there. And I now how much effort that took.

Hopefully, I can get past day (1) again and start to building some momentum. I feel like I'm so far behind where I should be....I don't know how to get started.

Thanks for listening

B.r. TBML
Old 09-19-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CathieJ View Post
Day 21. Made it thru last night thanks to advice on this forum. I can't believe I've made it to Day 21 without a drink. Have never got passed 3 days before.
Congrats on 3 weeks!! That's a big deal!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tallia View Post
I don't know about sales being down but about six months ago the owner of one of the shops where I bought wine said to me he was thinking of me when he put some wine on offer @ embarrassed

Still didn't knee jere me into quitting though just used a different shop
Day 5 but 19 out of last 21 days without booze. I'm worried about tomorrow. For most of my drinking years I drank the same amount every day so weekends weren't a big deal. For the last year or so I've had brief periods of sobriety with binges around the weekends with many lasting beyond. That seems to have made Fridays more difficult now. Still considering a meeting but I swear its painful going to a meeting with a few days when there are only two other people there and the both have decades of sobriety. Try to sneak into one of those meetings!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BLKDIESEL View Post
Your quite welcome Yoctopus, the first part of it unfortunately is in the last thread we used for the class. September class part 4. if you want me to repost that portion here I would be glad to do so. Hopefully, it can serve for some positive change in our lives. #IMAFINISHER
Thanks for the repost and thanks for the words of guidance. Things can only get better as I focus on myself. The rest will fall into place I'm told by those that have been there before me. I trust in the wisdom of others that have experienced similar situations. Thanks to all!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Day 17!

I woke up happy today and I have some fun activities planned that I used to blow off all the time as a drinker.

I think I shook the 'mean reds' I've been having.. at least for now!

I'm grateful for the advice and support I receive here. It has provided me with so much insight into who we are as alkies and most importantly, HOW TO MOVE FORWARD!

I know I have a plan for today and some seeds I'm planting for my long-term view.

Go forth and be awesome, septembers!!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by takingbackmylif View Post
Hi All,

Just read about 50+ posts.

Uh, and I look like Bradley Cooper.....ha!......now that I have some attention....

There are so many posts I want to comment on, so, I will send a "stay strong" and "I hope everyone rises above their hurdles" and "great job"....across the board

Well, I couldn't get past day (1). How is it that I can go to lunch with my friends and they drink beer and I drink water, but when I get home, I'm compelled to drink! I'm just discouraged right now!

I have gone 84 days, 63 days, 30 here and there. And I now how much effort that took.

Hopefully, I can get past day (1) again and start to building some momentum. I feel like I'm so far behind where I should be....I don't know how to get started.

Thanks for listening

B.r. TBML

You can do it. One day at a time.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:46 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

TBML

Sometimes day 1 is the hardest. Try again for tmro eh xx

Oh and if you look like BC Tallia & I will be fighting over you

Have a great eve Grindlow

Well done Cathie, melina 107l and mama!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Uninvited View Post
Day 5 but 19 out of last 21 days without booze. I'm worried about tomorrow. For most of my drinking years I drank the same amount every day so weekends weren't a big deal. For the last year or so I've had brief periods of sobriety with binges around the weekends with many lasting beyond. That seems to have made Fridays more difficult now. Still considering a meeting but I swear its painful going to a meeting with a few days when there are only two other people there and the both have decades of sobriety. Try to sneak into one of those meetings!

I am thinking maybe they have some good wisdom on staying sober. I would hope they welcome a new person to the group, and want to be helpful.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:53 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

TMLB, the first 3-5 days are the worst for me. After that, the cravings are less, but you need to deal with replacing that time you spent drinking with other activities. I do anyway.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:03 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Just promise yourself to stay sober today don't worry about numbers or tomorrow right now.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

I think that is it....it's in my head.

The numbers,.....the numbers, the days.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and support.

B.r. TBML
Old 09-19-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
TBML

Sometimes day 1 is the hardest. Try again for tmro eh xx

Oh and if you look like BC Tallia & I will be fighting over you

Have a great eve Grindlow

Well done Cathie, melina 107l and mama!
I'm feeling strong today....I think I just need to go do something else after work!

Ha-ha...well, I think it's safe to say "no one can look like BC".....damn him!....ha!

Thanks!

B.r TBML
Old 09-19-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Joining you all here. Day 11 here
Old 09-19-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

V disappointed here tbml, tuts!

Well done java mama! Xx
Old 09-19-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Welcome javamama

Well done on 11 days
Old 09-19-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

I have a weakness for fireball cinnamon whiskey the motel I'm staying at has a liquor store in the parking lot with a big inflated gigantic 40 foot tall fireball whiskey bottle blowing around in the wind that's just mean. I have to say right now is the weakest I have felt since I started 11 days ago
Old 09-19-2013, 08:41 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

11 days is great fish, can you try a few distraction techniques, keep posting. And remember why you had to give up in the first place? Sending cyber strength and hugs x
Old 09-19-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Fish, we are here for you! That sounds rough :-(
Old 09-19-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Thank you everybody I don't think I could have made it this far without the support of the September Sr forum and I'm going to make it further as they say in football he could go all the way.