Notices

Class of September 2013 part 4

Old 09-14-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
Alphabet, I'm glad you are at the hospital and getting care for yourself.

So sorry for all of the struggles going on.

What can we all do right now? We can COMMIT TO TODAY. It's possible for all of us to make it until this time tomorrow. Who is with me? Who has a plan for how they are going to get through the next 24 hours? I hope you share them, with details.

Everyone came back here after their slips so we're off to a good start.

NewLeaf, do not apologize for your posts! You are so supportive and I enjoyed every one of them.

Thinking of everyone. Please commit to yourself for the next 24 hours. You are worth it. Big hugs to everyone.
Great idea I struggled through early Saturday evening but cravings passed after a few hours and enjoying a sober Saturday night signed up for another 24 hours

Sorry about your hubby cyber hugs xx
Old 09-14-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hey there class of September! Been so busy this past week that I haven't been on here at all. I've been so busy that I quit counting how many days I had. It just didnt matter. I knew I wasn't going to drink anyway so I just kind of lost count. (A quick look at the calendar tells me I'm at 20 days today).
Happy sober Saturday septemberites!
Old 09-14-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Neighbours are having a loud drinking party again. I just hope they will quiet down after midnight or go out to town. I am not reacting as bad as last week but I am sleepy and want to go to bed before 1am. Still sober, no real cravings but aware that a bottle of whiskey would make the next door racket fade away, far away.
But no escape for me from this sober Saturday night!
Old 09-14-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Workoholic, I'm in the same place - renters behind us having a very loud drinking party. It's so irritating, especially as kiddo is sleeping now and I will kill them if they wake kiddo up.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Survived Gameday. Kinda tough being surrounded by people with their bottles of beer. Even my old working buddy invited me down to a bar down the street. But I wouldn't do it. I forced on building my arms at the gym and then went to the grocery store to buy lots of protein stuff (eggs, milk, yogurt, etc.)

So I'm gonna relax for the evening. Leg Day tomorrow. My 1st AA meeting in a year and a half tomorrow night. May see some old faces there.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Yikes. My husband is making sausage kale pasta, I'm baking a chocolate cake, it's a beautiful crispy fall day... Next thought that pops in my head is: pumpkin beer. Damn!! This is kind of a tough one
Old 09-14-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

hiya, can I join the group? it's day one for me, been planning this for two weeks having my morning coffee and a couple ciggies (ciggies next). I kind of started the ball rolling last night and didn't drink at work (I'm in entertainment). I have nothing on for the week. (not sure if that is a good thing). I'm thinking boredom is going to be the real challenge. trying not to look back. This is my first attempt and I really want it to be the last (hence the name).
One of my things I have stopped doing is reading so I have made a plan to read at least one page of something every day. I have years worth of journals I could look at as a reminder of my past head space. sound like a plan?
Old 09-14-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
Our addiction likes to isolate us so it can whisper its lies...there is strength in numbers here.

I credit my class (may 2012) totally for seeing me through my worst days.

Stick together
POWERFUL WORDS, Jeni26. Powerful.

Thank you for sharing them AND for pointing out that you found your "classmates" to be the truest of friends.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi class! I've been going non-stop. Between getting back to work all day and night and having a lot of "life things" coming to a head in this and next month, I'm just taking things a day at a time. It's been somewhat "easy" to stop the insanity this time around...so far any way... I know it won't always be smooth, but for now I'm grateful.

Wishing you all strength and sober moments of pure enjoyment.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:12 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Plenny View Post
Yikes. My husband is making sausage kale pasta, I'm baking a chocolate cake, it's a beautiful crispy fall day... Next thought that pops in my head is: pumpkin beer. Damn!! This is kind of a tough one
I also have to learn to enjoy the change of seasons without alcohol. It should be about enjoying nature and traditions and family...not a buzz. Easier said than done though, I feel you on that.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I was really looking forward to my run and as soon as I stepped out, boom, thunderstorm. I'm feeling frustrated. Grrr.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Ugh I am at work right now and having such a hard time. I work part time at a paint your own pottery studio and I am hosting three bridal showers right now. There are bottles if wine everywhere. The whole place smells like a bar, my mind is going crazy.
Old 09-14-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Why did you want to get sober Eveval? Can you remind us and remind yourself? What would you feel like tomorrow if you started drinking tonight?
Old 09-14-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

That must be hard, Eveval. You wouldn't normally drink at work, though, would you? It sounds, too, as if events like this will be commonplace going forward. Am I right?

I definitely get understand, believe me. My husband is asleep next to me on the sofa. He smells like the vodka and beer he had earlier. If it helps, think ahead to when you get home where it's safe (as long as you don't pick anything up). I'm hoping you don't though, since you've been doing so incredibly well. You GOT THIS if you want it.

I agree with Renarde. Try thinking things through... about what it would really mean to give in to those voices. Or try the Urge Surfing techniques Dee and Lorelei (i think) have shared here over the past week.

I've struggled all day, myself. I'm running on just 4 hours sleep and wasn't sure I'd be able to be around all the drinking that goes on here every evening! But here I am, and here YOU are.

Like I said... you can do this!!! Big hugs. (Wish they could be REAL ones too.)
Old 09-14-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renarde View Post
I was really looking forward to my run and as soon as I stepped out, boom, thunderstorm. I'm feeling frustrated. Grrr.
Impressed you made the attempt, though, Renarde. Good for you! I got to the gym earlier today to work off some of my frustration. I certainly wasn't a happy camper, being tired and REALLY cranky. Now I'm so stiff. This old body of mine is getting creaky haha.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

hi Septermerbites,
Sunday morning here, I just read through the thread, I'm so sorry everyone who's struggling at the moment, ((hugs)).
Renards post about getting back on the horse and committing to TODAY pretty much summed it up, we can do this, one day at a time.

When I slipped up I realised it was more than just not drinking, it's also about using the tools we have, SR, AA, Meditation, ringing someone before we drink. Reminding ourselves why we are doing this. Doing anything but picking up that first drink. Remembering today in this moment is all we have to deal with. I struggle everyday, I still have booze in the house due to partners drinking. But I have to do this for me, me first, then everyone else in my life. We can do this, sticking together staying on SR...
(sorry if that sounded like a sermon, I know it's not that easy)

today is a new day, a sober day! sun is out here and I have to do some housework..yuk.
@ loreli how was your night?
abw well done!
@firstandlast Welcome, that is a plan, read around here there is plenty of help and info here.
renard: sorry about hubby, hope everythings ok.
anyway I must go and have some breakfast.....xoxox
Old 09-14-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firstandlast View Post
hiya, can I join the group? it's day one for me, been planning this for two weeks having my morning coffee and a couple ciggies (ciggies next). I kind of started the ball rolling last night and didn't drink at work (I'm in entertainment). I have nothing on for the week. (not sure if that is a good thing). I'm thinking boredom is going to be the real challenge. trying not to look back. This is my first attempt and I really want it to be the last (hence the name).
One of my things I have stopped doing is reading so I have made a plan to read at least one page of something every day. I have years worth of journals I could look at as a reminder of my past head space. sound like a plan?
Hi there, First and last. Welcome!!!! Read and post as much and as often as you're able. Sometimes just reading reels in my wandering, craving addled thoughts before I make the mistake of picking up that first drink.

I LOVE to read, too. As far as books go, I'll bet you'll won't be able to stop at just one page! And reading journal pages can be helpful as a learning tool.... to remember, figure things out, or identify ways you might have done things differently. Just be prepared, too. Some of what you read will, undoubtedly, be painful.

Hope to see you here tomorrow, on DAY 2!!!
Old 09-14-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunset01 View Post
But I have to do this for me, me first, then everyone else in my life.
Spot on! Have a WONDERFUL day, Sunset!!!
Old 09-14-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Good night, all. Can't keep my eyes open!

Twelve days down, looking forward to tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

hi everyone!
Renarde and Workoholic, sorry about the loud neighbors. Recently my neighbor decided to get a rooster. He starts crowing at 3:30 in the am. Earplugs were a good investment!

I'm jealous for everyone's fall days and cool weather. It's hotter than heck here in Southern California.

Sending good thoughts for everyone's sobriety. Day 12 here. I'm trying to just get by.