Notices

Class of September 2013 part 4

Old 09-14-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

fifth get rid of any drink this is a new hour time to start you can do this.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:38 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Grindlow, dust off your feet today is day 1 x

Uninvited, you too, don't stop trying x

Fifth, come on friend, what's going on... Have you eaten yet, drink some water, damage limitation....with your family, DONT let them do this to you. If you have to cut them off then do so, you need to look after you! pm if you need too xx

L x
Old 09-14-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

just contacted my wife and daughter ... (the only family I have from today), will go to have a pizza, there will be lots or talking (understanding) with my wife, I will try to explain my situtation (struggling with everything/everyone).

Our life is not easy...we have the advantage to be fighting against a sickness that we can control and don't let it kill us. The problem is that this sickness has the power to control us.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I remember the day after my last relapse/slip, whatever you want to call it as being the most miserable I can remember. I was gutted that I couldn't seem to make this work for me, and I faced a big decision at that point. To try again or to carry on drinking...

If it wasn't for all the love and support I got here at SR, I'm pretty sure I would have followed the wrong path.

Keep posting guys. Our addiction likes to isolate us so it can whisper its lies...there is strength in numbers here.

I credit my class (may 2012) totally for seeing me through my worst days.

Stick together
Old 09-14-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Sticking together like glue. Thanks jeni x

Fifth that's good news don't hide away when it starts gtg too much come and talk to us or pm someone stay safe and strong xx
Old 09-14-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Fifth, can you just stop drinking now? don't make yourself so ill again, like last weekend. Just get rid of it all now.

Grindilow, back at it! Glad it was not catastrophic, but you have been so good at this. Sober Saturday, right?
Old 09-14-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

well done fifth enjoy your pizza and be open and honest with your wife. I wish I had been open to my husband months ago
Old 09-14-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Good you are eating Fifth. Everyone is behind you here. Throw away any drink left, enjoy the pizza, wash it down with plenty of water and get some sleep. Tomorrow is a new day, you can do it
Old 09-14-2013, 10:03 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Sorry to see things aren't going so great today Fifth. I'm thinking of you and sending positive thoughts of strength your way. Feel free to message me if you want later. Enjoy the pizza!
Old 09-14-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say thanks for the support last night, I didn't drink, and am glad, but out tonight later and tonight will be much tougher because of the venue and company. I WILL NOT DRINK!

Stay strong and sober Septemberites xx
Old 09-14-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Newleaf thanks for your encouragement and your help.. Fifth and grindilow we all slip that's Why we are all here, I use to slip four or five times a week because every day I would say I'm done.people ask me if I quit I'd say hell I quit 3 times Saturday the point I'm trying to make you at this websitethat means that you're serious about making a change good luck for rest of the weekend. loreli congrats and good luck tonight.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Fifth come on we are all thinking of you at this time. families can be so destructive for alot of us, but you told them to go and not contact you again and that is a marvelous start for you now. Back on the horse and make it work for the lovely family you still have ( wife and daughter.We are with you one hundred present buddy.

lorelei, good luck tonight, I faced the same thing last weekend but survived it.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Be careful out there Lorelei.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Day 5 and feeling like I'm living in a different world. A world not available to me when I'm drinking. And it's beautiful.

The urge still nags at me that it would be nice to have a beer, its been hot here.

But I can't drink. I know that.
If I don't have that first one, I won't be having a second one.....or a twentieth one.

So little evil, alcoholic voice...get lost!
Old 09-14-2013, 12:32 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hot damn! So many of us are back on day one, myself included.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Another Day one here. Currently at the hospital, where they're giving me Ativan for withdrawal symptoms
Old 09-14-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Checking in...Saturday's all right x
Old 09-14-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Alphabet, I'm glad you are at the hospital and getting care for yourself.

So sorry for all of the struggles going on.

What can we all do right now? We can COMMIT TO TODAY. It's possible for all of us to make it until this time tomorrow. Who is with me? Who has a plan for how they are going to get through the next 24 hours? I hope you share them, with details.

Everyone came back here after their slips so we're off to a good start.

NewLeaf, do not apologize for your posts! You are so supportive and I enjoyed every one of them.

AFM - I am doing fine. It's 2 pm and I haven't really started any work so I'm behind, but I hung with family and did a ton of chores this morning to procrastinate.

Husband is really having some mental/emotional issues, in fact I'm started to really get concerned and not sure what to do. He was up with a panic attack in the middle of the night last night, then today he was still in a bad state and I gave him half of a xanax (I have them for flying bc I hate airplanes). It made him feel better and he asked me if they write daily rx's for xanax. UM. His mom is an rx drug addict and I do not want him following that path. I told him he HAS to get in for therapy next week - I will call and get him an emergency appointment and even go with him if I have to. It's terrible to see him struggling so much. He is trying to be stoic. it's very weird how I feel very stable and he is having a hard time. It makes me VERY glad that I have 19 days under my belt so I can be a functional and not dysfunctional spouse right now.

Thinking of everyone. Please commit to yourself for the next 24 hours. You are worth it. Big hugs to everyone.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:18 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Day 7

This week was all withdrawl, everyone here knows the physical and mental pain of it.
Today is the 1st day I feel halfway normal.

But best of luck to all, wherever you are in this battle.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hooped View Post
Day 5 and feeling like I'm living in a different world. A world not available to me when I'm drinking. And it's beautiful.

The urge still nags at me that it would be nice to have a beer, its been hot here.

But I can't drink. I know that.
If I don't have that first one, I won't be having a second one.....or a twentieth one.

So little evil, alcoholic voice...get lost!
Hooped great post so with you on not being able to have even one