Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 17

Old 09-07-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
It's pretty hard to come up with a logical sentence that includes both alcohol and balance, or alcohol and true joy. Ok, Natty, if anyone can think of one it will be you or Your pal, Toots ;-)
Yes that is true, Joy. When I drink loads of alcohol I lose my balance and fall over.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Marcher

Facing reality. Ouch! I was thinking of all the money I wasted, being wasted. Who was I? It feels like crap facing this stuff.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I can only speak for me but don't think any time I've got under my belt had anything to do with any skill or talent on my part. I'm just plain stubborn so when I decide to do something I just refuse to look at any alternative. That and I live alone so I can only blame myself for someone driving me to drink. I'm no different though. I'm just one decision away to going back to all that fun. I will say though that when I do have a thought about drinking I do just kick right in to I know I will probably have a seizure or at least an a fib because if I pick up one, I won't stop. Those horrible hangovers and next day loathing are still pretty fresh. My hypochondria may serve me on this one whether that's true or not. I believe it to be so.

Kind of like if I drink. I will die. I don't want to die. So don't drink. Keeping it simple.

I think it has more to do with the stages than the time anyway. Recognizing, accepting, adapting, readapting, or Toot's thread recap list...that's pretty accurate. How long we sit in each stage is different. Somebody with 24hrs may be in a better state than me on some days. Just counts as long as we keep moving forward. That and ask for help before I make any life changing decisions.

So I will ask you all first if you think I'm okay to drink if or when that day comes and see what you all have to say.

Similar to hey I met this guy online who is serving time in the pen for stealing women's money but he says he's changed and I really love him and believe him. Should I give him my credit card and bank account numbers? He said he would just use it to buy self improvement books. Replace guy with alcohol, love for need, and money for self worth. It's the same story.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

My avatars are metaphors for my stages.
This one is my stripped down naked bare vulnerable feet. Bunions and callouses and all.

With a pair of fabulous shoes not far away just in case.

xoxo
Old 09-07-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Marcher

Yeah, shoes, I dare you to ask us that! I know the general vicinity of where you live, and I will find you and kick your butt! Hahaha!
Old 09-07-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Marcher

We should go get pedicures. My toes need polishing. But I don't like strangers touching my feet, plus I'm very very ticklish.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:19 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Joy, I stuck my feet in this fish tank thingy, but got thrown out of seaworld 😱
Old 09-07-2013, 12:25 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

I spent today at an air show, it was a lovely day lots of awesome planes, flashing around the sky. Hubby had a beer, and wanted to drink it before moving on, so we had to stand there surrounded by folk holding cans bottles and glasses of booze. I remembered the last air show I went to with my AXH we both got blootered, I sure did enjoy myself, but I also know I was a complete 4rse in front of a lot of people. Today, I just wanted to be away from the drinkers and back to the planes! The next time he wanted one, I sent him on his own!
Old 09-07-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Marcher

Toots, did you get to take your feet with you, when being tossed?
I love air shows. My last one was the Blue Angels in 2002. I was so very pregnant, waddling around there!
Old 09-07-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Marcher

We are planning a trip to the zoo, where we can pet the stingrays. Um, where the boys can pet the stingrays. I'll keep my hands and feet out of that fish tank.

I've started my gumbo. It is a process, so I'll be working on it all afternoon, evening, and night. We'll have it tomorrow. It's Grandparents Day tomorrow. Guess who's coming to dinner? My MIL, who will tell me some of my grey hair is showing, and do I need to get a cleaning service in my house, and when am I going back to work and why aren't we going to church??? It's going to be a kick. Eat your damn gumbo and Happy Grandparents Day. That reminds me, I need to get some more cayenne pepper... (JK- I would NEVER over-pepper her gumbo. That's mean.)
Old 09-07-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Gumbo! I need directions!
Old 09-07-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Marcher

Come on! If you leave now, you'll be here just in time tomorrow! Just head north until you smell garlic, then west.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:45 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Marcher

Bring some key west pink shrimp, please!!!!!
Old 09-07-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good morning Lifet, Marcher, and Dee!
Old 09-07-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Helllooooooo all. Sunday sunday here! Im holding back from turning on any formal communication with the outside world apart from SR. It'll be the post election day autopsy..............I know i'll still be subjected to listening to their rambling this time next week!

Hope this finds every one well.

Enjoy Sat/Sun everyone.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Marcher

Well, now, my new teacher's license just came in. I'm official again. Unemployed, but officially, I can work for 12 hours a day for less than minimum wage again! WooHoo! Don't everyone be jealous at once. It took four years of college, $80K, and 16 years experience to work up to min. wage. Lucky me.

Good thing I actually love teaching.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I'm having a slow day today, like Life you people will be the extent of my communication. I want some time out reading and dozing

Joy are you serious? Less than the minimum wage for teaching? How can that be? Teaching isn't well paid here but really, less than the minimum wage? Would you give me your gumbo recipe or is a Joy-secret? I've never made gumbo. I googled 'fried coke', the images made my stomach heave so I won't post the results here, I don't want any of you affected.

My DH is pretty unhappy this morning, our new PM has the same first name as him, DH is thinking of changing his name by deed poll.

Have a good one Marchers.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:49 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nattythreads View Post
Yes that is true, Joy. When I drink loads of alcohol I lose my balance and fall over.
Did that really happen to you Natty? When I drank loads of alcohol I was invincible, I didn't fall over but quite often the floor jumped up and slammed me in the face. Damn floor.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

PS I forgot to confess...I did something illegal yesterday, I bought some raw milk for human consumption.

(You've no idea how excited I am! Cheese making here I come!)
Old 09-07-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I managed to fall out of a pool once