Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 17

Old 09-07-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Marcher

Laughing so hard, the family came running in the room!!!!!! Ken, how is that possible?
Old 09-07-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Marcher

Hey....Marcher... still laughing....

My recipe is not a secret. It is quite long, but I would love to share it. I can PM you in a little bit.
You really make cheese? I'm impressed. And aren't you a little hooligan, breaking the law!

Yes, teachers make very little money. We do get insurance and retirement. But you can't support a family alone on a teacher's salary. Well, I can't support MY family on it. Thank goodness for H job!
Oh, to clarify, I will make less than minimum wage working part time/ as a certified substitute teacher. As a full time contracted teacher, I did make a little over min. wage. It is a calling. That means you give more than you get. But it's what I am and what I'm good at. And mothering, which pays no money but the benefits are immeasurable.

I hope you have a good, peaceful Sunday. Give DH a new nickname!
Old 09-07-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you will be teaching again sometime soon joygirl

D
Old 09-07-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Joygirl I would love the Gumbo recipe! No, I don't make cheese yet -- well other than ricotta -- but I will be making cheese with my black market goods. I feel a bit like I'm Scarlett O'Hara receiving Rhett's contraband from the black market!

Ken now I'm going to spend all afternoon trying to work out how you fell OUT of a swimming pool.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:05 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Did that really happen to you Natty? When I drank loads of alcohol I was invincible, I didn't fall over but quite often the floor jumped up and slammed me in the face. Damn floor.
I think my all-time favorite was coming back from a big music-biz party with my then girlfriend to her flat in Chelsea. She went to open the door, I went to sit down on the little wall by the steps. All well and good if I hadn't passed out in the act of sitting down and just carried on falling all the way in to the basement.

Cue ambulances the lot. Drunks bounce though. I was one big bruise but the only thing I broke was a tiny bone in my wrist. They just shook their heads in the hospital.

I walked straight through a plate glass kitchen door at a party one time as well. That was quite messy......

And I wonder why I don't get invited to lots of places anymore

Here endeth the drunkalog.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Marcher

I believe we bounced because we didn't tense-up at the moment of impact. We weren't even aware of the moment of impact.
I caught myself on fire (well, my clothes) more than once, less than often. Another good reason I don't smoke anymore. I had a robe that looked like swiss cheese. Threw it in the garbage in March.

Close the drugalog.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:56 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Above ground pool. Went to pull up and sit on edge. Overshot edge launched myself right out.
Also ended up in knee surgery from an incomplete romantic escapade. Try explaining that to ER nurse.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:37 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Marcher

Did the knee injury happen the same time as the pool fall? This is a fairly interesting picture I'm getting in my imagination, Ken, I gotta tell you.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:49 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Marcher

BTW, Marcher, Keep that recipe to yourself. I don't want all of Australia knowing our secrets!

G'nite friends!
Old 09-08-2013, 01:22 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Joygirl, you will have to pm me the recipe too! I promise not to share it with the rest of Scotland ( though if it doesn't come I. A box from a freezer that can be nuked for 5 minutes on high, most Scottish moms wouldn't be I the rested anyway!) to be serious a moment, I remember when you first joined the Marchers, you were so anxious and down, you never believed you could even apply for your teaching licence, let alone teach again. I am so proud to call you a friend. You have come such a long way ( you have even dealt with your pyromaniac issues!!) yay!

Marcher, yum what sort of cheese are you going to make?

Budd, oh man, I have visions of you, seal like, launching yourself out of the water! Hahaha ( I am trying very, very hard not to visualise the knee incident!!

Oh Natty, I would have laughed so hard to see that, I would probably have ended up in the same ambulance with a rupture!

One time hubby and I were walking home somewhat sloshed, and he playfully nudged me, lost my balance and went flying over a low garden wall and ended up turtle in a neighbours rose bush couldn't move for laughing! Next day he was mortified to see all the scratches on my back, looked like I'd been hugged by a lion!

A Scottish comedian used to tell a joke of falling over drunk with a half bottle of whisky in his back pocket. Feeling something wet on his leg he prayed 'please let that be blood'!

Don't news programmes go over the top at election time? Next year Scotland will be voting on independence ( hubby is desperate for a yes vote- he thinks it means I will be deported back to England! Haha ) so we are already getting bored of it.

Life I hope you are doing ok there, you are sounding well.
Well guys, will check in later, happy sober Sonmonday to you all
Old 09-08-2013, 03:54 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
happy sober Sonmonday to you all
Woohoo! I've brainwashed Toots!
Old 09-08-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Nah! I'd have to have a brain for you to wash it!!!! Lol x
Old 09-08-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Don't news programmes go over the top at election time? Next year Scotland will be voting on independence ( hubby is desperate for a yes vote- he thinks it means I will be deported back to England! Haha ) so we are already getting bored of it.l
It will come as no surprise to you that I hail from the more....ahem......"traditional" side of the equation.

Suffice to say that despite his loyalties to the famous Heart of Midlothian Football Club, I f*%#ing loathe Alex Salmond!
Old 09-08-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

I made homemade dog and cat treats last night. The extent of my cooking skills. I like that kind of baking. You don't have to worry about anything being clean and they don't care if dog and cat hairs get in the mix. If dough falls on the floor, no big deal. It either goes back in the bowl or they eat it off the floor.

I too made gumbo yesterday Joy but only because I had one of those package gumbo soups that you just add water. I had a bag of frozen shrimp but no sausage so I cut up hot dogs and fried in a pan with some cayenne. A far cry from yours I know but I was hungry. The dog treats were looking good...so I ate one. Not all that flavorful btw. Could have used a little bit more honey in my opinion. My dogs think they are great though.

I will not tell any of my drunk stories. I'm just grateful most of my drinking in public was before camera phones and fb. I'm lucky my dogs and cats can't talk.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Marcher

OMG, You should not have told me how you made your gumbo, shoes.

This is serious. I may have to ship some out to you. I cannot have a friend eating hot dogs in pre-packaged gumbo mix. I'm gagging a little as I type this.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Marcher

Really, the dog treats sound tastier...
Old 09-08-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Marcher

Toots, that is so sweet of you to say. I don't know exactly how the turnaround in me happened, or even when, but it did. I've forgotten how low I was. Well, I remember, but not in detail. I do know that I thought I had gotten myself in a place there was no coming back from. A really bad place. Now I can look back and see that I had the power of others, pulling me out, helping me to march out slowly on my own two feet, but never leaving me to stand in one place too long.
You are all dear friends with hearts of gold.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Marcher

Toots, gumbo recipe is on its way. It's long, but worth it.
There are many options of ingredients when you do make it, but for God's sake,
DO NOT, under any circumstances, put that damn haggis in it.

You know I love you!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:35 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Marcher

I didn't write this myself, but I like it because it sums me up, so I'm sharing it with ya'll.

That we go numb along the way is to be expected. Even the bravest among us, who give their lives to care for others, go numb with fatigue, when the heart can take in no more, when we need time to digest all we meet. Overloaded and overwhelmed, we start to pull back from the world, so we can internalize what the world keeps giving us. Perhaps the noblest private act is the unheralded effort to return: to open our hearts once they’ve closed, to open our souls once they’ve shied away, to soften our minds once they’ve been hardened by the storms of our day.▼
Old 09-08-2013, 01:16 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joygirl View Post
Did the knee injury happen the same time as the pool fall? This is a fairly interesting picture I'm getting in my imagination, Ken, I gotta tell you.
No, they were separate instances, in defense of my knee, it is weak from all those years throwing bowling balls, and climbing around bowling machines. In fact, my last surgery, I tore my meniscus turning off my alarm clock. The surgeon was disappointed with that story.