# 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

I sorted it out postally last week Marcher

have a good weekend all

D
Old 09-06-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Marcher

Hey, Ken, are you going to work tonight? Stay dry!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Been at work since 2. I'm hiding in the office as I have a 20 children birthday party bowling, and 1 kid hasn't stopped screaming for over 1.5 hours.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Marcher

I didn't know you were at work already. I've gotten my hopes up for you to get your...
No. I don't want to jinx it, so I'll say nothing more about it.
Does a band play there? At least some good music passes time. Son said the concert was great last night. Gosh, the last concert I went to was Sting... I think. I was so out of my mind at that time, I bought VIP tickets and spent $700 on them. 2 tickets. I would never do that now. One of those stupid things done under the influence, and I don't remember it at all. Great story, huh?
Old 09-06-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Marcher

No wonder you're hiding. What a nightmare!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:13 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joygirl View Post
First of all, shoes, where are your shoes?
I see one mighty fine stiletto heeled shoe in the carpet Joy. Top right, just about 2 o'clock!!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

How rude. I forgot to say good morning! Happy voting my fellow Ozzies..........on this occasion i'm rather happy i've been too lazy to sort my citizenship out, takes away the guilt of voting for one crazy man over another......tho KR did do a fab 'get me out of jail' speech bout equality on Q&A.

Sorry my American friends, it's voting day. I did a Political Science degree many moons ago, no matter how much I deny and object, secretly I love a little political jostling.

Have a good Fri/Sat my Marching friends.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Lord no! We'd never eat muck like mcDonalds here! We prefer deep fried snickers! Hahaha
With a pickled onion on top toots!
Old 09-06-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good morning Lifet, Marcher, Dee! Happy Saturday!

Life, I just have to comment on you. Something is different. Something about you, I can just feel it, seems different lately. And, I love it! Maybe it's the haircut? I don't know, but you are just twinkling. Your words are twinkly. Keep twinkling, hopefully it's contagious!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:58 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

There once was a very heilan coo
With a very spiffing hair doo
She’d prune all day
So the people would say
How fine youre looking today coo.

Now this coo, she loved to moo
And cause she’s so cute, tourists would queue
They’d pose and smile
Cameras clicking all the while
Catching vantage points of this fine looking coo

She didn’t charge much
Not a penny as such
Just a pose and a smile
As they all took a while
To ooh, aha, and……. touch

Now what was this heilan coo thinking
While she stood posing, barely blinking
Was it “what a mighty fine day”?
Or “what fabulous hay”?
No, she just thought of drinking!

And boy how this coo loved to drink
Like it’s going out of fashion many would think
She’d not blink an eye
I tell you no lie
Focus was all formed on drinking

Which got this coo thinking
As she woke with her head and eyes blinking
Is this how it is, how it needs to be
Do I need to feel this bad, that I even hate me
This coo she got a thinking

There must be more to life
Than beer and strife
As she looked at the knife and the rope
Neither would do
She’d just had a few but she’d never give up hope

This coo today has lots to say
She knows she should but she doesn’t pray
One thing’s for sure as she stands in her moor
Today will be a better day

Though the path for this coo
Hasn’t been tickety boo
There’ve been times when she’s just thought of crashing

One thing for sure, for this little old coo
The Marching cow is a marching.
The love she feels for those right at her heels
That love is everlasting
Old 09-06-2013, 07:59 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thank you for being there my friends. I look forward to the day I can post my six month milestone to you all. xx
Old 09-06-2013, 09:23 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Marcher

Bravo! Right back at you!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

you'll totally get there, lifet! one heck of a poem there!

marcher, sorry you had such a tough time come back and haunt you. it sounds very traumatic, no wonder it pops up from time to time. glad you are feeling better.

sassysass, thank you for the warm welcome to this group. you said it has a different flavor, good description. so what flavor would you all call this group? :-) hopefully not something which would obfuscate the palette...

shoes, glad that talk with your friend went so well. that is wonderful.

thank you all for such a kind welcome! it's fun to see how fast this thread moves. it's hard for me to keep up, but there's always something new to read, that's for sure! :-)

had a pretty good day today, not very productive at work but we had such a crazy summer nobody expects us to be super busy right now.

not sure yet what to think about tomorrow. going to a funeral for my friend's mom. my buddy has lost both her parents in the space of a year, so I plan to be there for her. there's a complication on my end, it's the anniversary of my mother's death. my mom died unexpectedly and well, let's just say I get flashbacks every year even though it was 1985. I know, almost 30 years and it still makes me sad and unsettled. when I called my friend the other day to check on her, she brought it up. maybe to bond on both losing our mothers, i'm not sure. but I didn't want to make it about me, and certainly didn't want to say it still sucks 30 years later, so I didn't really know what to say. instead of saying something brilliant and soothing, I was just kind of quiet. good one, wehav.

sorry guys, looks like I've been in a rambly mood this week. have a good weekend and keep awesome and sober!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:08 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Marcher

Oh, wh2day! You broke the rule! No apologies allowed in the Marchers!!! We encourage rambling and moodiness here.
Flavor? Sweet-Spicy-Tart. I'll let Sassy name it. Or whomever can come up with something clever.
As for tomorrow, just let it happen. Sometimes it is brilliant and soothing to just be available to listen, quietly. A kind face and a hug go a long way in this situation. I'm sorry about your mom. It sucks, it will always suck. Now that we're sober, we're feeling it more, yes? Yeah, me too.
Hang in there! So glad to have you!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:20 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi wehave. I've just spent the last hour crying. It's not your fault by any means but your post set off a little trigger. Now i'm not making any excuses because i'm the guilty one, the weak one (not allowed to use the term 'black sheep') but i'm not as strong as these marchers. My Mum died suddenly very recently, she was struck by a drink driver as she stepped off a bus. We don't have court until January, the last week, i'm awaiting confirmation. How ironic if it's the 28th........the day I got my DUI!

Your Mums, your Mum. Most time's thats a good thing although I know for some, that isn't always the case. If that's you, my heart feels for you. I was very very lucky. My Mum just had to look at me and i'd start giggling, she had an amazing ability to quite spectacularly make a fool of herself, the stories are endless!

I don't think you should dwell on the sucking 30 years later thing. There's obviously a line that needs to be drawn between victim and survivor, but, no matter........your mum is your mum!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:41 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Marcher

Big hug to you, Life! Love you!
Old 09-07-2013, 12:37 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BuddinK View Post
Vote early and often!
Now that proves we are twins Ken, that's exactly what I say when I go to vote and they ask me if I have voted yet.

Life why aren't I surprised that you did pol sc once? I should be but I dunno, it kind of fits with you even though we never talk politics here (there'll be plenty of that on TV tonight!) BTW I agree with Joy you "sound" different you really do.

Go Black! One week down and another coming.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:52 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

LP you should join us on the limerick thread!!

Wehav, I'm not sure as to the flavour, but the smell is definitely baking bread!

I wish you strength today for your friends mums funeral, they always trigger strong personal emotions, so I know it will not be an easy time for you. At least you are there sober for her.

Joygirl, No! I have never and will never eat a deep fried snickers! We leave that to the foolish drunken English who come here for stag do's!

Marcher, I'm glad you are getting there sweetheart.

Budd, I find cotton wool works wonders!

Sass good to see you sounding well.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:07 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Marcher

Hey, toots. I'm up with young son, who can't sleep. Bad dream.
I'm glad you don't eat the fried snickers. I think somewhere over here, Minnesota or Wisconsin? they have a festival where they deep fry anything and everything. Even fried Coke! I don't know how. Very interesting, saw it on the travel channel.

Since I never get to travel in reality, I travel vicariously through the magic of tv and internet. Sad, really. This great big world, and I'm here.
There are worse things, I suppose. I know.

Enough introspection. Off to sleepytown. Good night, my good friend.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:03 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Fried coke?! We are off in culinary h*ll on this thread. Seriously, we all need a Strong guiding hand! I thought we'd hit bottom with haggis (with apologies to the Scots among us) and then fried snickers with a pickled onion on top. But we are now officially at rock bottom with fried coke!

Budd, here's a question for you ... Which is worse: wearing an ankle "bracelet" for 30 days or listening to a kid scream for 1.5 hours?

WeHav, I can't think of a single flavor that describes this wacky crew. It changes from day to day and sometimes minute to minute. But it's rarely if ever dull. Seriously, this is a wonderfully supportive group which maintains a sense of humor ... That has gotten us in a spot of trouble occasionally but we all mean well. We do keep the mods on their toes. Dee is a dear and puts up with us, mostly, even though we drive him to exasperation at times.

LifeT, terrific limerick! You have come a long way. Growing a lot! It's amazing how stunted we can be from trying to avoid reality. What was it I once heard -- we can't have joy without also having pain. When we attempt to suppress the bad stuff we also suppress the good stuff. It's pretty hard to come up with a logical sentence that includes both alcohol and balance, or alcohol and true joy. Ok, Natty, if anyone can think of one it will be you or Your pal, Toots ;-)

Joy, you sound like a terrific mom!

Have a good weekend, all! I'll be back tomorrow evening or Monday :-)