Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 17

Old 09-06-2013, 10:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post

JG I couldn't believe that I had posted the word curmudgeonly in a post, then a few mins later saw Natty had posted it too! Then you pick it as word of the day!
Typical. Always trying to claim the credit for everything.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Originally Posted by Nattythreads View Post
Typical. Always trying to claim the credit for everything.
No, just on the same grumpy wavelength!! Haha!
Old 09-06-2013, 10:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi WeHave2Day!

The more the merrier! I love our little group. Jump right in. Heck, everybody jump in.

Some of us have been around awhile and some of us jump on and off. Doesn't matter. We all really do just want the best for everyone.

6 months has proven to show me that life still isn't all that easy. A few ups and downs here and there but so far so good. I've found out that I need to be aware that it just takes some time. I went over to my girlfriends house who hasn't spoke to me for several months. Not so much that she was mad, she just didn't understand all I've been going through and when I go through stuff I tend to take it head on so I can move on from it as fast as possible. Sometimes that leaves people behind. I don't mean for it to, I just don't feel up to hashing it all out over and over with everyone in my non virtual life. That's what I have you all for! Lol

Anyway, I was in her neighborhood so I called her and said I was bringing over an iced coffee for her. Lets chat. So I chatted. Explained that I had to change a few things in my life and that included our weekly ritual of Friday wine guzzling. She knew I had quit and never would insist I drink with her but I don't think she understands what goes on in my head while I watch her and my other friend kick back with the bottle. I just told her. It ain't always easy so I have to be aware that sometimes it pops in my head to just say f it but I don't want to f it so I had to change it up. She understood. I appreciated her not looking at the past and bringing it up and just looking forward. Cross that amends off the list.

I'm so sorry Marcher. Big big (((hug))). I know how that feels to always be the strong one. I was always afraid if I let it go I would collapse into a puddle of goo and never get out of it so I thought it was better to just man up all the time. Why risk it? Actually, I think that's what works for me so well here. I can let it all out and I'm safe and you all help me through it. I may get gooey but you help me put it back together. Maybe that's my lesson. My nature is to man up but I need a place to let it out. Found it!

Get pass that mark WH2! And everyone else who hits a wall. We will help each other all through it!

xoxo
Old 09-06-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey Shoes, you are far from alone in feeling the need to be strong even when we aren't feeling that way. For me it's a feeling that I'll go into permanent free fall ifi let go. The reality seems to be that just doesn't happen and vulnerable can be a positive thing --- up to a point!

Toots, sorry about the "geography lesson". Old bad habits die hard sometimes! Maine is part of New England. A subset of New England is "Northern New England" which consists of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. So if you go to Maine (lovely place -- that's where I'm going tomorrow), you'll be in both Northern New England and New England :-). Mass. (as in Massachusetts rather than Mass, LifeT ) and Connecticut (and maybe Rhode Island?) are part of New England. Thoroughly confused yet? If not, I'll attempt to make it more obscure. Now there's a good word: obfuscate.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Marcher

First of all, shoes, where are your shoes? Have you pawned them for more oreos?

I'm glad you had a chance to talk with your girlfriend. And don't worry, we can handle gooey!
Big hug to you!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Guys,

One week done today not easy, but will keep at it, hope it gets a little easier as time goes by. Kid'd driving me crazy this evening nearly went for a Shiraz but resisted thank god.

Brilliant for you all to have six month behind ye. congratulations all xx
Old 09-06-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Tis Sat, v early, only 5:30 but bright eyed coo is up and running.....ok, well not quite running yet. I swear spring brings a little leap in the air, hoping to flat out in bed in a few wee hours. Im off to a "Hot shoe shuffle" , an Oz tap musical tonight, getting fab reviews.

Oh dear, I nearly forgot MORNING!!! Sending weekend love. xxx
Old 09-06-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I've just realised.......I'm hungry, then got thinking about food.......then thought about my posts.......then realised my mind was in no way focussing on a leap..........it was focussing on a neap..........oh how I could so do with a wee bowl of home made soup right now! Why did Melbourne skip from Winter to Summer within a day, then decided enough was enough? So you may be the most liveable city 3 times running Melbourne, but you're still too fkn cold!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Joy! Think i'm like a rabid dog sometimes, n u know what that means.............can't put me............
Old 09-06-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Sass don't apologise, my hubby would tell you it's not often I can say I didn't know something! Lol just don't be obfuscating me into a migraine! It hurts to think of things too complicated!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Marcher

obfuscate/obfuscation

1.[IMG]Verb used to describe the intentional act of making something virtually incomprehensible due to unnecessary complication.
Plausible deniability was attained when they obfuscated the truth by wrapping it within an enigma of lies.[/IMG]

2.[IMG]A dance move created by North Carolina band Between the Buried and Me. This involves closing one eye, and stepping to the side.
By the end of Mirrors, I was already ready to do the obfuscation.[/IMG]

I think, now knowing that word, it will become even more obscure...oh, wait! Isn't this the common practice of the Florida legal system, as applied to those in recovery?
Old 09-06-2013, 01:08 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joygirl View Post
Ken, Do you mean to say that there is NOT an initiation fee? Payable to Natty?
I guess that means I have a refund coming?

Trying to be on auto control for a few days, I don't want to get too excited with the thoughts of being able to drive again, just to be shot down by the DMV.

The anklet is getting less annoying now, the first day I thought they actually drilled the screws into my leg. It has apparently loosened up.

Marcher, I'm sorry for what you went/are going through. Maybe now is the time for dealing with those feelings. You are strong and can do it!

Joy, I thought about morons spilling drinks, that is another reason for these damned long pants. September can be very hot and humid here, long pants are not comfy for me.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Ken
Old 09-06-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

There definitely isn't an initiation fee, but we do make you wear a bucket on your head and eat haggis before we consider you as mentally imbalanced as the rest of us!

275px-Scotland_Haggis.jpgToots, Does your local McDonalds carry Haggis?
Old 09-06-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BuddinK View Post
Attachment 19445Toots, Does your local McDonalds carry Haggis?
Lord no! We'd never eat muck like mcDonalds here! We prefer deep fried snickers! Hahaha
Old 09-06-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Marcher

Acc'ding to Urban Dictionary:
haggis-
I think this was outlawed by the USDA. No, seriously. You're not allowed to eat in in America.

Oh, what will Toots do? What does Natty do?
Old 09-06-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Black, congrats on one week! Every day sober is a victory :-). I also haven't made 6 months yet so you are not alone.

Originally Posted by BuddinK View Post
There definitely isn't an initiation fee, but we do make you wear a bucket on your head and eat haggis before we consider you as mentally imbalanced as the rest of us!

Attachment 19445Toots, Does your local McDonalds carry Haggis?
Oh my, Budd, if I have to eat haggis before I can be a Marcher then I am in deep sh*t! Why not follow Toots' suggestion of blinging up the anklet instead?

Omg, Toots, deep fried snickers sounds like a heart attack in progress!

Uh oh, LifeT, are you catching whatever ails Joy?
Old 09-06-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

We will set up an underground haggis railway transferring haggis across the border to the welcoming pans of Scottish expats!

Budd, have you considered gettin another anklet, covering them in bells and becoming a Morris Dancer?? ( go YouTube it!)

Black well done on a week and dodging AV

LP are you mainlining coffee nowadays?? Lol
Old 09-06-2013, 02:55 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Marcher

Black, my congrats to you on sober week one! I hope you'll keep looking up!

Ken, I injured my foot once and had to wear an orthopedic boot. Have you ever seen one? I think it would fit right over that ankle monitor. Then you could wear shorts again!

Toots, have you really eaten a deep fried snickers? I just don't know about that!

Sassy, I'm with you on the haggis. I just... no...
Old 09-06-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Good morning my wonderful Marchers. From the black of the night I'm doing better this morning, I was just shocked at this wave of grief coming out of nowhere. Thank you Toots, Sass and everyone for your kind and sensible words. I will come back and post about this later in the day after we do an opening.

Stay strong and sober peeps. A big hug to all of you.

Oh and Life --you silly rage bogan heilan coo, whats the fuss,

Dee and Life: don't forget to vote today.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:07 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Dee and Life: don't forget to vote today.
Vote early and often!