Notices

Class of August 2013 Part 4

Old 08-30-2013, 08:35 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Dee any reason why I am not getting emails when people respond? I got used to clicking them. Now I have to navigate through the site to get to my groups.

Thanks all!!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:40 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Half an hour until the 12 day mark. In bed with a book & club soda. I think I can make it! Boy, that AV was kicking this afternoon. Whew!

Also, I tried Haagen Daas Coconut Macaroon ice cream tonight. It was one of the small "single serving" containers (luckily!). O...M...G...!!!! It was sooo good.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:51 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not aware of any problems with notifications Johnny.

Every time we start a new part you might need to redo your subscription to a thread?

D
Old 08-30-2013, 11:40 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Well Day 5 in the books and it went fantastic. Got all my goals accomplished and getting ready for my 7am workout and then some shopping and working on my "blueprint for life plan" I've made this weekend a fun sober but planning designing my life and priorities wknd.
Im in the process of doing a 90 day fitness/finance/goals plan and also readjusting my mission statement for my life going forward. Good to see all of you doing well despite the challenges today. Day 6 is on the way for the long weekend and I'm looking forward to it. #Stayfocused #Enjoytheride
Old 08-30-2013, 11:43 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Just a little FYI for all my SR folks.

People don't plan to fail...THEY JUST FAIL TO PLAN!!!!

You have to create a plan for your sobriety, your life and your destiny. Create a Plan!!!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 11:51 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Well done merchant sun you smashed 12 days!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 11:53 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Diesel your doing great with the whole focus thing. I'm finding the need to get some structure planned too. Let us know how your day goes. Your sounding pretty upbeat - are you feeling it?
Old 08-31-2013, 12:24 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Hi all day 23 beginning and all's good
Old 08-31-2013, 12:28 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Day 2
Today is going to be harder as im off through the day and only working at night.
Normaly i would drink before work, but im not goiing to!

Hope everyone has a good day xx
Old 08-31-2013, 12:34 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Day 19 ..... My son woke last night with bites on his legs from long grass, I jumped out of the bed and drove to the chemist to get cream and medicine ..... I was so proud of myself when i was driving, that I could go to the chemist without thinking as before I would have had to get a taxi due to drinking bottles of wine. I'm glad that I just had that 'light switch' moment of what a responsible parent feels like and not looking down a wine glass . Have a good day everyone
Old 08-31-2013, 12:37 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Erratic ......plan plan plan ......work out your day off with activities that will bring you right up to the time you need to go to work. I have discovered more of my city in the last 19 days
Old 08-31-2013, 01:27 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

On my seventh day here. A year since I last had a go at quitting drinking. I've been to 4 AA meetings (would have been one every day but there aren't that many around here), and despite not agreeing with the AA approach I have found them very helpful. I will keep going too, until this has really stuck. I intend to leave booze behind as the crutch and friend turned bad on me that it is.

Waking up feeling fresh and alert is great! It is early days yet though and I feel exhausted and knackered by mid afternoon.

Feeling like I am on the right track though. Wish me well please if you have a moment!

Posting at least once a day here - and more - is part of my plan!
Old 08-31-2013, 05:34 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

You call pharmacists, chemists? ha ha cool. Once I had to call the ex to take my son to the ER while he was having an asthma attack because I had been drinking. Never again. I hate that i was that ****** of a mom. Onward though.

I am in the same boat, erratic. Working 4pm to 1am. I would normally have a few beforehand and maybe finish a lot more at work. Shudder. We are better than that tho! Aberdeen is one of my alltime favorite songs BTW, but I'm pretty sure your city came first!

BlkD you are right! Time to plan, never give up on your dreams all. Too often we get complacent in the everyday doldrums. plan for greatness, and work for it! I need this!
Happy day 23 zoe!

Have a good day all. I'm on 15, half a month woohoo!
Old 08-31-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

To 13unlucky - Not just feeling upbeat, physically great as well. A large part of my challenge has always been mental, mindset along with environment. Not going to say that my challenging days are not to come...but I'm working my plan right now with some new routines and habits so its working very well as of right now.

To Mayan/Bblack ---Yes you "have" to create a plan...it is not an option it is a must!!!

Have a great day my SR folks!!!
Old 08-31-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I am liking this idea of a real plan. My plan has only been pills. Everything else just got in the way of that. For me, I think I better not try to plan too far ahead just yet. That might overwhelm me. Keep it simple, as they say. I'm going to think hard about this and plan something just for today. So far (it's only 6:30 AM) I feel very calm. Today feels amazing. Like my birthday or something. I'm not even craving a pill or trying not to take a pill. I don't have any anyway. Not in pain. And I slept pretty well. I'm wondering what my body is going to feel like once the detox is completely over. Besides everything else I've always been a bit of an adrenalin junky and I have some old injuries that may start singin' the blues now that they aren't masked with opiates. Oh, the stories I could tell.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Starting Day 7. Stayed in last night, woke up early to jog and have breakfast. Going to clean the apt now and get ready for football.

Go Buckeyes!
Old 08-31-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I hope no one minds if I rejoin. I had two months sober, blew it mid-August thinking I could reward myself for a long day with a drink, and then yesterday came to my senses, making today my new day 2! Another relapse, another lesson learned... hopefully my last screw up. I had two months, so I know I can do this. So upset I blew it, but shaking off and trying again. I'll have two months again before I know it, and then the past two weeks out of the total will seem like not a big deal I hope.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me. I guess I can REALLY be an August baby now!
Old 08-31-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me, but I think I will really join in on September. Just reaching out for any support I can get for today, day 1. I have a thread titled "I am back", with my story.

Hello to everyone and stay strong this Labor Day weekend.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:08 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elseware View Post
Sorry if I'm posting too much. It's sinking in that I am done. No more pills. No where to get any. My hands are shaking. My dose for today is wearing off and I'm cramping up. My nose is running, my skin is crawling. I'm scared scared scared. I've gotta calm down. Because I know there is a bottle of tequila in there. This is. Awful. In an hour I must start my work. That will help. Maybe. I wish someone was with me. Keep posting. It's getting me through. I like to get out of my own head and think about all of you. I've been trying to read.
How are you doing today Elseware?