# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

One Year & Under Club Part 20

last part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-19-a-21.html

D
Old 08-22-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

TOOTS - Thanks for the encouragement re: climbing Mount Borah. My hike is supposed to take 4.5 hours going up, as well. I'm going with my husband and a few of his co-workers (all men), so that should be interesting. At least I won't have to pack a heavy backpack up with me. We will be setting up our tent at a basecamp, then hike up and back in the same day. Two nights in a tent! I love camping!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love camping, too!!
Old 08-22-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 260 for me...Stuck on a 14 hour nightshift....Feeling very tired...It's 0215 here and I'm looking forward to 0800 so I can sleep for a few hours then try and enjoy whats left of the day as I have work at 0500 on Saturday...Clocked up a massive 94 hours this week so I guess that explains why I'm tired lol..

Have eaten well again today...Lots of pasta,tuna fish,eggs and potatoes,think I'm about the 3000 calorie mark but still have 6 hours at work and I have plenty of chocolate and biscuits to keep me going lol...

Thanks to Dee for starting a new thread....How are ya big man???

Pippo good luck with your hike...I'm planning on doing a tough mudder course next year(google it it looks great)

Hope everyone else is well....Take care...Steve.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

battling a headache today Stevie but getting there

D
Old 08-22-2013, 08:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Stevie, looks like you're working crazy hours. Inhuman hours. Be careful. Sleep is so important for good mental health.

Hope everyone is well. I turned my computer off for the last 2 days to recoup and to be quiet.

Pippo, the mountain can be a reflection of your own personal mountain of 1 year sobriety. You can be the Queen bee alone with the guys. Lucky, you'll be spoiled.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Well I am home, showered, and exhausted ..

So hello and goodnight..
Old 08-22-2013, 10:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

goodnight D

D
Old 08-22-2013, 11:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

6.30 Fri

Good morning Undies

How's it going with you all.? I did try to post here last night but I'm learning that doing long posts from my Kindle doesn't work, I seem to send them off into cyber space every time.
I've got all three of the g.children this afternoon so I'm just hoping it will be a lovely sunny day as it was yesterday, I'm having my Dad for a couple of hours this morning to give my Mum a break, so that's my day planned out for me.

Steve, I'm glad to read that you are still eating well, wouldn't want to waste away through starvation would we? I would like to be at my goal weight for Christmas too, but by losing a couple of stones not putting them on!
Thanks for the offer of an early morning call, lol, I think the other half may be a bit miffed though if I start getting calls from another man first thing in a morning, he'd be thinking I've got myself a toyboy,ha hah. Hmm there again, it might keep him on his toes!

Jim, good for you getting under the duvet when the A.V called.I know how strong that urge can be but seriously if you really, really concentrate on keeping your mind focused on something else it does pass. I know you can do this. Hitting the gym or even just going for a walk helps too.

Drake, I bet you did sing well without the booze at the church rehearsal, I bet you enjoyed it too. Go give them your all on Sunday, that's something really good to look forward for the week end.

D.G, Sorry to hear you're still ill, it's lingering a bit isn't it? I hope by the time you read this you are feeling much better. Look after yourself and rest as much as you can. Make sure you drink loads of fluids too and keep hydrated.
You're doing really well with the weed and the alcohol, you're amazing so keep it up.

Midnight, it's good to see you back posting again. I think you'll feel a lot better in yourself too when all that financial 'stuff' with your brother is done and dusted. Try not to let it get you down too much, it won't be forever and post whenever you can. xx

Hi HD3, I'm hoping you've enjoyed your days off and had some time for you.

Good morning my dearest Toots, I hope all is well with you today. I keep telling you all I'm not deserting, as if I would, I'm waiting for you!
Mmm, I could live on meat, fish and veg too, in fact I could give the meat a miss, So why don't I? I've not heard anything from S&S, I hope she's okay.
I love your tale about climbing Ben Nevis, that's the sort of thing I would do!

Babs, enjoy your week end, relaxing round a lake sounds like a good plan to me.

Hi Pippo, a chair massage sounds devine, I'm so envious, we don't get things like that where I work, the only chair massage I get is when the boss squeezes my shoulder and says 'Can you just take that call for me?'
Wow, that walk will be fantastic, I would love to do that, what a challenge. Are you doing it with your husband?

Jim, you will make it to the 'Overs', I'm waiting for you. Hey and that S.V does lessen, I don't know if it ever goes away for good, I'll have to wait and see, but it definitely gets weaker and weaker. I was just like you which is why I know you will make it.
You've lost 5 lbs? I think you sent it me, you tinker!
S.R is my only tool!

Nicky, it's really lovely to see you popping in and thank you for letting us know how your doing. I hope you don't stay away so long this time.

Dee, thank you for the new thread. Hope your headache has passed.

Pippo, I just read your going hiking with all men, that should be interesting, make sure they wait on you!

Steve, I will google tough mudder, I've never heard of it.

Dorothy, good to see you, have you enjoyed your couple of days break from us?

Anyway, best go, I can hear movement going on upstairs, my peace and quiet is about to be shattered.

Stay safe and sober.

Back later

Gxxxx

JUST FOR TODAY, I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with sunshine.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

OMG Steve! My daughter was going to do tough mudder next year with some of her police friends, but thankfully she has come to her senses!! It is pure torture! The electrocute you wet for goodness sake! Will you get the tatt? Lots do once they have completed it! You must be pure Radio Rental to consider it my friend, but I will happily sponsor you if you are backing a charity! I think anyone fighting an addiction and winning certainly has the mental toughness for that kind of assault course, so I actually think you will do well, but still..OMG Steve!

Grace good to see you, I hate loosing things to the ether, I never know where my words are going to pop up! I have visions of all these words, floating around looking foe somewhere to settle! I have had a bit of a fight lasts few days Grace, but getting there.
SJ hope you are feeling stronger now, the one month/4week stage is notorious for that blooming AV to try tempting you. Shut the beggar out!

Must dash as lots to do today, so apologies for no more personal messages, ,I could be totally lazy and just say ditto Grace!!!! Hahaha
Old 08-23-2013, 05:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi again

Toots, I'm definitely going to have to Google tough mudder now, though after reading your post I have an inkling of what it might be.
Keep fighting, keep strong Toots, it will pass. I had quite a few bad bouts of the A.V a couple of weeks back and I had to work really hard on concentrating on staying focused. Sometimes looking back on our early posts helps, it's easy to start getting complacent when we've been sober a few months. Anyway I'm keeping my eye on you!

Gxxx
Old 08-23-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Undies,

Hope all are ready to enjoy a fun filled sober infused weekend. Well, okay, work and food filled, Stevie. Only time for a quick pop in "Hello."

BF, I have been thinking about you these past couple days. Haven't really read all previous posts, but I am hoping that you are back in the sober groove. Just "build" on what you've learned. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I am in full wedding prep starting yesterday. My oldest daughter is getting married to this great guy next weekend. I have left a number of items to accomplish yet. That ALKIE in me just loves last minute chaos.

Catch you on the rebound, Undies.

IWLSAST...aka, Carlos

PR - You trip looks amazing...pic's please!
Old 08-23-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well, this is certainly me at 2 days. I am happy to join this thread!
Old 08-23-2013, 09:23 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Pamel. Good to see you here. What are you tools are you using now to help stay sober? I know you have struggled in the past, but there are plenty here who can give advice on different methods. 😄
Old 08-23-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Pamel - happy to see you too! I've missed your insights!

Stevie & toots - tough mudder. Really? I had no idea. I believe my roommate mentioned that he was doing one this summer while I am away traveling. Sounds like you'll have a wonderful & challenging time if it is, indeed, the same type of thing.

Pippo - have a wonderful time camping.

Grace - thanks for rewritting your post!

I'm taking the day easy. I went to the Tower of London this morning, thankfully early. Holy Tourist. After an hour I needed just leave the scene.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:34 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies.

I've had one of "these" days when everything seems to go lame, even my boxing class. Some smart a$$ (not a trainer) approached me after a class and said that I am throwing everything but proper jabs. But... I still got my piece of luck. I got home just about ten minutes before heavy rain started, and I had no umbrella). So, now I am listening to rain and thunderstorm and enjoying it. And the best thing that I am not drinking over a bad day. I am not even "eating cookies" over it. I just said "that shall pass". And ... It's just a day, and it's absolutely up to me how look it)

Though still feeling somewhat melancholic, so, maybe I'll give in to some melancholy tonight - make myself a cup of cocoa, listen to some beautiful Garou songs, and dream about something pleasant, and stop beating myself for being so "tender-minded".

Grace - glad to see you posting too) Thanks that you are still with Undies. Hope you Mom will take some rest while you are with your Dad. Have a good sunny day)

Carlos - Congrats on your daughter's wedding! Oh, I love the last minute chaos too - seems to be ingrained in my brain somewhere)

HD - Have a good rest)

Pamel - welcome!

SereneEdition - love your morning) I've never to London yet, so, maybe one day I will be one of those tourists. Lol.

PippoRossi - Great idea about climbing the mountain! Good luck to you!

My best wishes to all the Undies.

Have a great sober weekend!
Old 08-23-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a great weekend everyone

D
Old 08-23-2013, 02:39 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi MB, I think I would have been tempted to practise my 'non jabs ' on his face!! Flippin mysogynist wasn't worth getting het up over. You did well to rise above it, and you found a positive to your day. And keep in mind that what someone says tells you more about them than it does about you. Enjoy your mellow, melancholy evening, and tomorrow, imagine that smug face on the punchbag!!

Carlos, I hope everything runs smoothly for your daughters wedding, it is a girls biggest day, and I am sure she is appreciating the fact that you will be there sober, and being the loving caring father she deserves. 😃

Serene, I would not be seen dead on a tough mudder course! ( actually I probably would...because if I ever attempted it, it would kill me! No it is the obviously less than totally sane Steve who will be enduring that particular joy!

I do hope everyone is well and sober and looking forward to a happy weekend.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Just a quick pop in. Grace, it was from work I was taking a break not from all of you here. On the contrary.
But I,m still wanting to just lounge and waste time. I tried asking the cosmological force of the universe to guide me like any of its star and that soothed me going to bed yesterday but I woke up being so angry about all the producers I've met that were interested in working with me and now, don't bother following up.
argh. I just ignored them too.

I hope everyone is doing well. Hello Pamel, nice to meet you. PR, yes some pictures please. And Steve while you're at it, can we see a pic of one of your usual 6 egg meal??? LOL.

Carlos, have a good WE too.

DP
Old 08-23-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi again Undies

Just managing to get one in before I go to bed.

Carlos you kept that quite didn't you? A wedding, wow, congratulations and congratulations to your daughter, I hope she has a wonderful day. Sounds like you have a busy week ahead. Is it a church wedding or a small family affair and have you got your speech all in in hand? You'll be such a credit to her being sober. Fantastic.

Welcome to the Undies Pamel, good to have you with us and you'll get loads of support here from the wonderful people on this thread. This thread is just the best. Are you getting support from anywhere else besides S.R? You can never have too much, anyway you stick close and post and read as often as you can.

Hi again Toots, did you pick your husband up today for the weekend? We have a long one this weekend with it being bank holiday Monday. I hope you've managed to kick that irritating A.V up where the sun don't shine! You stick close too and keep posting.

S.E I gather the tower was very busy then! How are you finding London, I hope you are enjoying it. Hoping not to lose this post by the way!

Midnight, you may have had 'one of those days' but you've certainly coped with it very well. That smart ass sounds like right know it all and don't you just get one everywhere!
I love watching thunderstorms and I'd really love to watch one over the sea. I have a vision of myself in a posh hotel room on a cliff over the sea, watching a storm!! I wish!
My mum did some shopping in town when I was dad-sitting, but it did her good to get a break from him for a couple of hours.
You have a great week end too.

You too Dee, I hope you have a really good, restful weekend.

Oh right Dorothy, I've got it now, silly me, I'm such an air head at times. Well I hope you enjoyed your break from work, even if you are procrastinating somewhat, but ya know, things always have a way of working out. My Granny told me that so it must be true.

That's it from me tonight.

Sleep well Undies and I'll see you tomorrow with any luck.

Gxx