Notices

Class of August 2013 Part 4

Old 08-30-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foolsgold66 View Post

Have you read any of the recovery\spirituality books on the sticky list yet?
Not yet lol but I'm gonna have to do something - it's not even like im craving a drink - i wouldnt even thank you for one I'm just totally mind numbingly bored but I've not got the get up and go to even do anything. Made an appointment to get my hair cut at 11.30 this morning - my appointment was for 12 by the time 11.45 came I'd decided I couldn't be bothered. Maybe it's still withdrawals but I honestly have pretty much zero interest in anything but yet I want to do stuff but I can't find it in myself. Nuts huh!!
Old 08-30-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 13unluckyforsom View Post
Not yet lol but I'm gonna have to do something - it's not even like im craving a drink - i wouldnt even thank you for one I'm just totally mind numbingly bored but I've not got the get up and go to even do anything. Made an appointment to get my hair cut at 11.30 this morning - my appointment was for 12 by the time 11.45 came I'd decided I couldn't be bothered. Maybe it's still withdrawals but I honestly have pretty much zero interest in anything but yet I want to do stuff but I can't find it in myself. Nuts huh!!
No, there's nothing wrong with some rest, give yourself time.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well. I just got out of bed and went to town to get some food in this place. Tried eating a little. But have no appetite. I had to drive past a hideous wreck on the highway. This was a lesson for me. An awful start to the holiday weekend. I can't tell you how many times I have drank or been high and then driven. It makes me shudder. I am so grateful for my continued good health. Remember. Tell that devil in your head to **** off. And keep on keepin' on everyone. I am praying for you all to have a nice, sane, sober, safe weekend. I mean it! LOVE
Old 08-30-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 13unluckyforsom View Post
Today is the first time I've been out of bed except for the essentials in at least a week. Rest if you need to. Try a hot bath?
Old 08-30-2013, 12:46 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
(previously uksupport)

Well it's nearly the end of august already, I think I'm on day 21 now. It does feel strange being sober for so long, but I'm really happy that way.

Sorry I've not been about for a while, is been busy at work and I've got properly into sorting my accounts out. Literally 100s quid saved the month!

Oh and happy birthday Zoe . Have an ice cream on me!
Old 08-30-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks Chef and well done on 3 weeks!
Old 08-30-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foolsgold66 View Post
Deep breaths. Try being nicer than you want to, it's working well for me....
I like this bit of advice. I'm going to do this, too. Smiling and being nice can only help.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Yeah and stop beating myself up with these stupid expectations of what I should and shouldn't be doing. I'm thinking too much. Things will happen as their meant to and as long as I stay sober everything will fall into place eventually. I hope lol
Old 08-30-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Try imagining that your role model is watching you in everything you do and say - you will amaze yourself how beautiful you can be
Old 08-30-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday ZoeM Njoy it....
Old 08-30-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Wrapping up the workday. 2 weeks in after tonight. I hope to get off a little early, cook some dinner, get the kids to bed and relax in the tub! I forgot how much I used to love taking baths. I did it the other morning, just because I was feeling crappy. This will be the first time in a while I will have taken one out of sober recreation. Epsom salt huh? I'll give it a try.

My boss reacted fairly well to my leaving and is being more friendly than he ever has. I offered to stay on part time on the weekends for a while until things slow down here. I will be able to pay off some credit cards and things will be all good.

I think I need to schedule a day when I can sleep/veg all day. That sounds fabulous! Maybe sunday!
ttyl Augistines.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

no point in beating yourself up Fishy - the past is the past - you're doing all the right things now

Hang in there merchantsun - remember there's lots of support here this weekend

I think a lot of people were interested in my drinking habits (or lack of them) cos they were people I used to drink with CardHat.

D
Old 08-30-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hey all. I'm still here, jst unsure bout posting as I've said b4.Jst wanted 2 say, and never promote drinking or using in any way. But, the other pm, while I was jonesing 4 a beer, already had 2, and didn't and will never drive tht way...............well it was a godsend, so 2 speak tht I got a so called drinking buddy 2 drive 2 the store in my car 4 a 6 pack. Got a call 5 mins later.............the throttle got stuck on full, brakes didn't work. They were able 2 stop my car, and get it home safely. If that had been me, I wldnt hve known wht the heck 2 do, cept panic! And probably have gttn in2 a huge wreck the next day I drove it. So, I do believe God works in his own way. Needless 2 say, the drinking stopped there, and I'm bac at my sober journey. But I'm so grateful for that blessing, because I kno otherwise it would have all turned out so much worse. I have a rule I've alwys kept as a drinker, I never, ever drive. Car in2 shop soon, and I do believe this happened 4 a reason. Not 2 condone my drinkin a few, but the divine intervention I had on my side that day. I do believe in miracles...........small ones, and huge ones 2. Hope evry1 has a safe, sober holiday weekend. I'm still here. God Bless 2 all.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back in recovery Raja

D
Old 08-30-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I finished my days work at 10pm started at 5.30am, I arrived home to visitors drinking some beer in my living room but I had a bottle of mineral water in the car! My planning is working, I stayed up for a hour and said I was exhausted, in bed reading a book. Have to say Friday night was a bottle of wine or two night but looking forward to going intoy third weekend sober. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would get this far . Night
Old 08-30-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you mayhan

D
Old 08-30-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Sorry if I'm posting too much. It's sinking in that I am done. No more pills. No where to get any. My hands are shaking. My dose for today is wearing off and I'm cramping up. My nose is running, my skin is crawling. I'm scared scared scared. I've gotta calm down. Because I know there is a bottle of tequila in there. This is. Awful. In an hour I must start my work. That will help. Maybe. I wish someone was with me. Keep posting. It's getting me through. I like to get out of my own head and think about all of you. I've been trying to read.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

you're not alone Elseware

It's scary I know, but it's not really as scary as some of the things we've done drunk or high...

This is the right choice for you. you'll be ok

D
Old 08-30-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

At least I kept to my taper schedule. Could be a LOT worse. I have to remember that and be grateful and nice to myself for doing that.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:59 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

In the midst of day 4. Been drinking more coffee than I should and wearing a nicotine patch, as well. I stay awake all night horribly bored and fall asleep around 5 am, wake up at 2 pm (I work from home) which is really messing with me. I want to get back to a regular 9 to 5. I guess it's just a matter of time.

Apart from that, feeling fine. Glad everyone seems to be doing pretty well.