Notices

Class of August 2013 Part 4

Old 08-31-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Well, well, well I see some of you are really starting to blossom and shine in this and it's very uplifting to read how your all getting through - not only 'scraping by' but actually really making something of your new life! It's great to read honestly you guys are a great inspiration.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

On a separate note I know some are starting again and that's really inspiring too - it's good to give us all a perspective that this is not to be taken lightly - my av has been at me today 'you've done so well blah de blah a couple of drinks would be ok'

Yeah and since when could I EVER have just a couple pffffft I'm not saying its good you guys slipped up - don't take me the wrong way but maybe you needed the extra wee lesson to affirm for you what you already knew you guys deserve respect for having the balls to try again so well done and you can do this! We all can. One day at a time. (My names Emily and I'm a flipping parrot feed me a cracker and ill say 'one day at a time' lol)
Old 08-31-2013, 10:52 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Diesel is absolutely spot on with planning, and goals, and everything else said about that. Serious plan of attack. And I think that is better advice that you might get anywhere.

Elseware I think your taper counts for some time.

Unlike diesel I don't have the energy to get out of bed even after a couple of weeks. I'm fairly new here so I'll describe again that I suspect that Prozac, which saved my life 20 years ago, judge doesn't work anymore. Im working with hhe shrink. Or I have gluten intolerance or something. I should be feeling way better already. Previously this discouraged me an I started using again. I just can't do that this time. After a month I felt terrible.

Day 4. I'm completely out if it. Remember, I'm not quitting from full on using. I'm quitting twice a week drinking. So day 4 should be better. I literally could not move out of bed till 1pm.

Anyway enough whining. I can do one thing a day instead of the monster attack method, which I am totally envious of. I am that kind of person, full assault mode. Watch out when Johnny gets a plan because he going to smoke everyone.

Ok checking in. Gotta check in at 4-6 time. Then later on.

Good luck rascals!!
Old 08-31-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Hi y'all !

Day 27. Finally - FINALLY mustered up the energy to hop on the elliptical. Felt so good once I started I made it 3 miles !! Whoo hoo ! Now I'm in the sauna. Sweating like a beast.

I have an embarrassing question for my fellow newbies. Did anyone beat start to smell like moth balls once the old deader, I mean liver, start to work again ?
Old 08-31-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Not too good. Got the cold sweats. Sick stomach. Trying to go to sleep. Next three days gonna be difficult, I think. I am lying in bed, listening to music. And holding on. Trying not to get dehydrated. I may have to call somebody. Thanks for your concern. I'll post again.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

About the mothball thing. I have a rotten smell in my nose. Can't get rid of it.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Try hard elseware. Sweat it out!! I'm rooting for you! I will be sleeping for a few days at least too it seems. Hopefully to feel better after that.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

fell off the wagon after 11 days, but got back on, new sobriety date is august 27, 2013! staying sober daily, trying not to make too many burdens on myself, changes etc... except for staying sober as my number one goal, glad to hear so many of you are doing well!

Old 08-31-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Dope sick. Dope sick. Dope sick. What for? johnny555, I'm gonna get a psychiatrist, too.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:37 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I'm taking deep breaths here, so here is the warning. Don't try to program a universal remote to a digital TV without a manual on day 5. Seemed like a simple thing, but I got pretty angry. I walked away, I'm going to just sit down and relax for a while.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foolsgold66 View Post
I'm taking deep breaths here, so here is the warning. Don't try to program a universal remote to a digital TV without a manual on day 5. Seemed like a simple thing, but I got pretty angry. I walked away, I'm going to just sit down and relax for a while.
Bad idea huh? At least it gave you a focus for a while.... All be it a stressful one - you will laugh at this post in time I'm quite sure take it easy on yourself your body and minds enough battles without throwing in remote controls lol so yep chillax
Old 08-31-2013, 12:50 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

To - Sober4MySon - Welcome back, this is all a process so don't beat yourself up. You've done 2 months before and hit a bump in the road...chalk that up to experience. Now, just get back to the routines and the thinking that got you to the 2 months prior and keep that going. Obviously, the return to drinking wasn't what you thought it would be or you would not have returned. As I said...it was just an experience.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Ahhhh my husband just walked through the door with a six pack of beer !!!!
Old 08-31-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mayhan View Post
Ahhhh my husband just walked through the door with a six pack of beer !!!!
Can you head for another room? Go to a movie? Take a walk?
Old 08-31-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Checking in before work. Still sober. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 08-31-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

That was not part of my plan but just running a bath with Epson salts and going to spend the night in there reading my book !!!!
Old 08-31-2013, 01:59 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Just home after my fouth AA meeting in a week - at the end of my first week sober. The first few days were horrible, but the worst seems to be over.

I hardly agree with anything I hear at AA. I'm an atheist and well educated in psychology and know a fair amount about psychiatry too. Not to be big headed or anything, but AA really does fly in the face of a lot of well established knowledge these days. It is after all based on writing done in 1939.

..and yet I don't think I have come across a more powerful weapon against drinking - for me anyway. The company of a group of people who know exactly what you have gone through and the pitfalls and difficulties involved is invaluable.

I shall keep going.

One week!
Old 08-31-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Linnie amazing - hope work goes as well as work ever goes lol
Old 08-31-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Marcella, SMFS and Elseware....not giving up is very important.

Don't hesitate to call someone if you need help Elseware.

Congratulations to everyone hitting a milestone today

for those who don't know, it's the end of the month and a new thread for those quitting in September will start here in the Newcomers forum.

This August thread will continue but will soon move to the Daily Support forum...it will stay open tho and nothing else will change

D
Old 08-31-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Signing off for the night - another sober day (23) done. Have had freakin toothache niggling at me all day, so not in the best of moods. Actually, that's an understatement - could take on Mike Tyson right now. Anyhow, sleep well when your time comes and see you all in around 8 hours. Sweet dreams x x x