Notices

Class of March 2012 Part 7

Old 04-20-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Happy zombie Jesus day everyone! Believe it or not I'm getting drug into a church this morning lol. I haven't been to church since bootcamp, and that was only to get away from the Drill Instructors for a little while. Oh well, I suppose its good to get in there and see what I don't really care for every so often just to make sure it is the same.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Happy Zombie jesus day to you too INH x
Old 05-02-2014, 02:50 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Bump-bump, bumbum bump bump.

Nothing too crazy going on in my world right now. I made it to a meeting Wednesday and the Group Concious meeting before that, neither of which I was sure my work schedule was going to allow for. I sat down after and talked to my sponsor afterword just because it had been quite a while since I was able to do that. After we talked for a little bit anyway he didn't express any concern.

Things with the lady friend are still good. We don't get to see a lot of each other because we live apart and I work so much now a days, but she understands and we are working with what we got as best as we can.

Work is the main thing in my life which was getting a little annoying but it is what I have to deal with right now so I will. I am getting better at just accepting this is my life now.

Well that is all the news from lake wobegone, how are things on the other side of the pond?
Old 05-02-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad all is well INH

Wheres Hypo?

D
Old 05-03-2014, 12:44 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Hi INH...good to hear from you. I don't remember to check this thread much these days, maybe you should de-camp with me to the Year and Over thread? I'm glad things are going well for you...and work can be annoying I agree.

Things are generally going well for me..a few ups and downs but y'know that's life. All the major things are ticking along.

And God only knows where Hypo has gone...walking that dog of hers I expect. I will go find her x
Old 05-03-2014, 01:37 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

I'm here Thanks for asking Dee. Jeni is a master at tracking me down I don't check in here much either these days. Since starting doing that group that tends to be my main focus recovery wise but I still pop in here from time to time.

Huxley will be pleased to know I have drugs now! Well, beta-blockers. I have only taken them a few times and not sure they do much but I also haven't been particularly anxious for the last week or so. A big part of that may be because things have been good with the boy... well I have tamed down the psycho-ness and he is making an effort. Basically he says he shuts down when he is working long hours which is fair enough, but I still expect him to reply to texts so that's what he's doing and I am trying to not just assume everything is about me! My counselling is going well too. He has very generously let me have 2 sessions a month for nearly the same price I was paying before. He seems to be very flexible with pay and seems to think it's more important that I come in than pay him... which fits with my lapse attitude towards money too.

Oh, and I had a minor smoking lapse today too. Bugs me a bit because if I can justify doing that (for the third time..!) I worry about what else I might justify doing. I may post about that.

Glad things are going well for you INH. And yes, work takes over practically everything. It sucks.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear from you Hypo

Glad things are going ok....personally I think it's much easier to justify a smoke than to drink again but maybe thats just me?

(I don't smoke now)

D
Old 05-03-2014, 11:02 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

There she is!! Honestly...she keeps getting all grown up and independent on me, wandering off and doing her own thing...whatever next??
Old 05-04-2014, 02:24 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Well it's the lesser of two evils, but because they both went so hand in hand for me it worries me slightly. Here's the funny bit... I also nearly relapsed with sausages! Vegan crisis Basically I had a stressful afternoon yesterday when I was out at a conference for work and the person who was driving left his lights on so the battery went flat, while that was charging was when I had the fag. Then, because there was loads of new roads where we were the sat nav got a bit lost on the way out and we literally went in a massive circle and ended up where we started (I actually accused my colleague of setting the destination as where we were trying to leave so that it kept dragging us back like some sort of navigation magnet...). It was really bizarre cos it was taking us on tracks through the rapeseed fields and everything. So when I got back I thought I deserved something nice for my tea and then saw a reduced mattesons sausage (this is why I needed to give up meat cos I only liked shite meat anyway) and considered buying it... in the end I got some vegan sausages and left it at that. But the advantage of having given up so much stuff is that I now have a hierarchy of possible relapses. Obviously booze is at the top, then cigs, then meat, then milk. I have had a couple of mini milk chocolate relapses and it is good to feel incredibly naughty doing that cos I think it helps stop me doing worse stuff. But obviously it is still a slippery slope. I don't want to be back to being a meat eating chain smoking alchy...

How are you doing Dee? x
Old 05-18-2014, 02:17 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

How's everyone doing? Thought I'd check in again as normally I only do that when things are going well but everything is pretty good at the moment. I have recovered from my smoking blip and moving things forwards by taking up running. I have been for a run every day this week and I am actually really enjoying it. It's actually a bit of a breakthrough in some ways as I struggled exercising before because the elevated heart rate used to set of a panic attack, even just walking up hill was a problem, so it's nice that those days are behind me. And everything is really stable and nice in my work and relationships too. Hope everyone is well x
Old 05-18-2014, 02:27 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear all is well Hypo
D
Old 09-15-2014, 01:13 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

How is INH doing these days...? x
Old 09-15-2014, 01:27 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Administrator

how are you doing these days Hypo?

D
Old 09-16-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

I am not too bad thanks Dee How are you doing? Are they still keeping you busy here? I am still in therapy, still volunteering and so far still have a job and a boyfriend... It's all good. Had a smoking blip for a few months which made me feel really ill but have been smoke free for 3 weeks now and eating far too much! Still haven't got those cross addictions sorted but hey, still sober Hope you're well xxx
Old 08-14-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Hmmmm, it seems people haven't been on this for a while. Are any of my class still around? Just curious.
Old 10-18-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, I posted occasionally but know all your names and most of the stories that helped me gain that all important edge. Thanks again.
I hope your all getting on with life.
John.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:24 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Hi all. I miss having a class to post in.

Life is tough at work right now. Long story, but I think the time might have come to make some big decisions. I've worked with kids all my life and I think it may be time to put my health and family in priority.

I'm almost 7 months sober again after a relapse that I didn't think I would get back from. Life has changed beyond all recognition since I joined SR.

Great to hear from you John xxx
Old 10-21-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Jen, you worked hard to get it back ,could have been so easy to stop with everything else your year had thrown at you. Fantastic.
Now career moves have always been a tricky one for me . What might the change be to. I completely agree with your priorities.
Love John.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:09 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

I remember this class so fondly and cannot believe it has been 4 years. This was the last time in the next 4 years that I would truly attempt sobriety ,but I have been back on the wagon for 67 days now and think this time is truly it. I love to reminisce about these days with all of you and sure, though I wish I had quit then, the one thing that DID happen is it put a bug in my soul that just needed more time to grow into the acceptance that I am, in fact, an alcoholic.
I miss everyone. Wish some folks would check in!!
Lee
Old 05-06-2016, 12:04 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

OMG I just read through every post 4 years ago. I was SOOOOO much sicker then.....even though I continued to drink for 4 more years......so very powerful. My GOD....