Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 19

Old 08-06-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thank you for all the support.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hey, Everyone! Hope you are all doing well. I haven't check in for about 10 days. Just too busy at work, which is a good thing. I just realized that two weeks from today will be my ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!! I was thinking it would be totally awesome to take the day off work and go get a pedicure (or something fun like that) but then I remembered that I have jury duty that week. Boo! Oh, well, I can celebrate in some other way, I suppose. Maybe dinner out with my husband? Who knows?
Old 08-06-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PippoRossi View Post
Hey, Everyone! Hope you are all doing well. I haven't check in for about 10 days. Just too busy at work, which is a good thing. I just realized that two weeks from today will be my ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!! I was thinking it would be totally awesome to take the day off work and go get a pedicure (or something fun like that) but then I remembered that I have jury duty that week. Boo! Oh, well, I can celebrate in some other way, I suppose. Maybe dinner out with my husband? Who knows?
Great job at staying sober.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

10.50 Tue

Hi again Undies, it's been a long day and I've just about finished my tasks and having a cuppa before bed. Nothing very interesting to report today, just work, bed!

DG, I would have a tidy sum of money too if I hadn't drunk it away, but no point on dwelling on what might have been is there? I seem to spend all mine on the g. children now, but that's my pleasure. When I look at the price of booze now it really shocks me, how on earth did I afford it?
Just read your next post re the acne and strangely enough though I have never had acne, my skin was really bad around the four month mark, I say it was all the impurities of the alcohol leaving my body. My skin is fine now I'm happy to report and I bet you will see an improvement in yours too over the next few weeks. Drink plenty of water if you can, it does help.

Hi B.F, oh lucky you having a good 8 hours sleep, I bet you felt great today. You're sounding good and don't forget to keep posting.

Steve, that's amazing, congratulations, that has just flown by. 3/4 of a year, wow.

Hayley congratulations to you too, 10 months is a fabulous achievement.

Hi Toots, er excuse me Mrs, are you trying to give Steve a better offer than mine? Rump indeed. Hmph.
That's a very interesting theory re the gym and I think you could be onto something there. I wouldn't mind reading that book myself.

Sicknote, day 13 is huge, congratulations and welcome to the Undies, you'll get loads of support here and we talk about all kinds as well as our recovery, we share a few tears and a lot of laughter at times too.

Midnight, you're sounding a bit better today, I hope you are. You really push yourself hard and I'm wondering if your obsession with the gym is part of your addictive personality. Just a thought as I got like that with walking, I could be dropping on my feet with exhaustion but I just had to get my walking in regardless.

IWLsast, I shall look forward to the air guitar, I might just sing along, that should clear the room in ten minutes flat! Lol.

Drake, good idea taking the booze to a storage unit especially as the A.V wanted you to play last night. You did well there. Could you not give it away though or gift it to someone and then it would be gone for good?

Hi Melvin, my birthday was good thanks, it seems like forever away now though, time just flies by. I love how you get on so well with your brother, I think that is so lovely, you're lucky.

Hi Dorothy, you'll be on ten months before you know it.

Hi Siesta, I didn't know you were into cycling, that's really good and yes it does seem strange that the cyclists are keen on a beer fest after a ride, but in saying that there is a bar in one of our local gyms and its amazing how many members use it to soothe the after workout aches and pains!

Matthew, fingers and everything crossed, give it your best and remember the good advice someone gave you in your thread about not seeming desperate etc. Stay cool, you'll be fine. So impressed about you going to meetings, that is awesome. We'll all be thinking of you tomorrow. xxx

Hi Jim, so good to see you posting, stick with it and stick close.

B.F try not to bite the bait, just let it all go over your head,she's obviously very jealous of you for some reason. Give her enough rope and she'll hang herself, you just stay polite and dignified and don't give her the satisfaction she is looking for.

Hi Pippo, how lovely to see you here, I've not seen you around for ages, where have you been hiding. I'm so glad you've joined us undies and hope you stick with us and keep posting.

Off to bed in a moment so good night all.

Sleep well.

Gxx
Old 08-06-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thank you Grace. AA helps me know I'm not worthless. Walking into a meeting now.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

We know your not worthless Matt, you need to know it too, we love you.

Gxxx
Old 08-06-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
We know your not worthless Matt, you need to know it too, we love you.

Gxxx
Thank you Grace, this makes me want to cry. I'm praying I do well tomorrow.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:14 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Originally Posted by walkingwithgod View Post
Just had a phone interview and hoping to be called in for a real interview. It's less money, but in my field. Also, my last employer will not discuss what happened just that i worked there. Still praying and going to AA.
Awesome brother.. Prayers blasted out for you..

I am starting mine tomorrow...

So take it easy everyone and remember to smile cause sobriety looks good on YOU..
Old 08-06-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Toots you're right. My boss actually had a talk with me last Monday about her and sees that she's just trying to start trouble. Shes always been out to get me and I explained like I feel like I'm getting bullied Bc it happens every few months with her. I do feel better about it knowing where my boss stands but still can't get under my skin.

Well home and sober regardless of my bad day. Today also marks 4yrs since my grandma passed and she was more like a mom/best friend. She lived a lil over an hour away and we would talk on the phone almost daily. She had a super funny and positive laid back attitude and I would tell her about all my wild nights partying in Hollywood with bands and different stuff.

Going to watch a little TV and call it a night.
Grateful for another day of sobriety.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:23 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Day 244 or 8 months for me today and I couldn't have done it without you guys.....Thanks to you all.....Steve.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Steve

D
Old 08-06-2013, 10:19 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Congrats from me too Steve!!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:29 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats to you too Hayley - and DG and anyone else celebrating a milestone today

D
Old 08-07-2013, 12:10 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Steve, you already know you are Superman! Well done hun!

Grace good to see you how's it going?

PippoRossi Wow! 1year that is so wonderful, I can only imagine how fab you feel! I would love to do jury duty, maybe you will get a juicy case, you should so celebrate your year somehow though!
BF your gran sounded wonderful, I'm sure she is supporting you now! I feel your work colleague has some insecurities going on, try being extra extra nice everytime she causes trouble, it ought to P her off nicely!

HD3 enjoy starting your new job today, how exciting! Do you get to shout and swear like Gordon Ramsay?? Lol

To anyone who hasn't read it, or not for a while, I would recommend ' feel the fear and do it anyway' as recovering alcoholics we will be in a lot of situations where we would have used booze as a crutch, and may prefer to avoid rather than deal. By doing that we stagnate. We sometimes need to push through our fears to move forward, and this book is a good reference for all sorts of situations, emotions and reasons for why we do what we do. It is for anyone to read and easily digested. There are plenty of different self help books out there of course! 😃

Happy Midweek everyone!!
Old 08-07-2013, 01:49 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Congrats on 8 months Stevie!!. And to many more after that.

I hope everyone is safe, well and sober. Take care all.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:18 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Has been the worst bender. Can't stay sober myself. That much is finally clear. Hi everyone, hope you're well.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:49 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Hi, Undies.

In my lowest of low mood today. I feel like the most useless person in the world, as if anything I do ends up in nothing but failure, I feel like a coward who has no guts to face the real life. I just have no idea where to go and where to move forward. I hate to sound like this, I hate to rant and whine like this, but that's just the way I feel. Like everything around me just points out how pathetic I am.

Sorry, Undies, I just have no other place where to go and get it off my chest.

Anyway, I do hope everyone has a good sober day.

My best wishes to all)
You're a bit of my mirror today. I can't pick which screwed-up thing to start on. I'm sorry you feel pathetic; it's just a nice time to acknowledge that we don't have to do life alone. Hang in there.

--edit: having read the thread sounds like you're doing better, glad to know

Last edited by sober1ck; 08-07-2013 at 03:56 AM. Reason: update
Old 08-07-2013, 04:03 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Sober1ck!

Sorry about the bender, but good that you are back and posting. Hang in with us, whatever happens in life, support here is great and and give me power even I can only do it by the skin of my teeth.

Well, I am fighting, but actually not doing much better, still stuck in the middle of nowhere in my thoughts and doubts. One hour I am ok, the next one - feel like...

What was the trigger for the bender, if I can ask (if you don't feel like answering, just ignore).
Old 08-07-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Congrats on 8 mos Steve!! and to all anniversaries even just one day more!

Have a great day Undies!
Old 08-07-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi undies!!

Grace- I hope you're right about the acne clearing up! I'm not sure what it's from, but I've wondered if it's not actually from quitting alcohol itself, but maybe from changes in my diet since I'm eating so much more and so differently that I did when I was drinking.

I'm at a work conference which has previously lead to considerable drinking for me a few times. I relapsed on the cigs once a few years ago here after being quit a few months. Not doing that again this year! Last night was a large social gathering with free booze. I got a strange look from the lady mixing drinks when I asked for OJ, she asked to confirm I wanted OJ and then asked if I wanted any liquor in it after pouring it. I had a small lunch and was starving by then, so I found myself quite entertained with the free food!! I've spent a lot of time in past years sneaking away from the conference to drive around town and smoke weed in the car, and it is super nice to not be doing that this year.

One year, I didn't have any weed out here and was going through withdrawals and sick for the whole conference. I am super glad to not be going through that again!

Rather than drinking at the gathering and then migrating to the bar, I came back to my room, had a hot shower and was in bed nice and early... and up nice and early as well.

This has really brought to my attention how different I do things now than a year or two ago. My life is really much better now.