Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 19

Old 08-06-2013, 03:46 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Yay! Thank you MidnightBlue and thanks to tootsl1 for pointing me to this thread
Old 08-06-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies) I am feeling better today, not great yet, in some "flat" mood, but it's ok. Thank you all for the support and kind words!

Grace - you are right, in lifetime terms my recovery is still at its early stage, and many issues are unwrapping along the line. And sometimes I am not ready when the issues pop up, but I think that's the way we learn to live.

Toots - It's interesting what you said, and I'll check the book. Though it's a little bit more complicated for me. I've been always a gym fan, even in my "wining" days. There was a period in my life when I was juggling two jobs, evening classes in additional education, and went to gym either during my lunchtime or got there right by its opening hour - 7 a.m. There were days when I slept about 2 hours, or didn't sleep at all (crazy, I know, looking back can't understand why I was doing that), socialized all day long at work, and still I couldn't go without a gym. It's like balancing back my energy, giving natural movement to my body, and relieving stress. Exercising is my passion. I remember there were a couple of times when I showed up at 7 a.m hungover for my personal training and said to my trainer: "Max, I need a light workout today". ))

I work as a freelancer, and lack socializing - you are right here. But again, I used to have a lot of socialization and it never stopped me from drinking. Ok, I think again I am intellectualizing too much here)))

BF - glad to see you posting regularly again)

My best wishes to all the Undies!

Have a great day)
Old 08-06-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Oh, Hayley - congrats on 10 months of sobriety!

What a great milestone to celebrate!
Old 08-06-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Good Morning Undies,

Thanks Grace, I am so glad to be an Undie' that I shall play some air-guitar in my long-undies in your honor...whew, cold here at night already.

Welcome Siesta...and congrats on the seven.

Tanja, I think there is a site for we sicko's can tell our story on SR after a year of sobriety...just an "test-out" idear (oops, sorry, just pretending I am from NYC, always said idea as idear to my girls to just mess with them)

Toots, hummm, so you doubt my culinary attributes. Here is how I cooked six of my sever courses on Sunday. Take six different veggies, light coat with evoo, sea salt, ground pepper...double wrap in foil paper...now here is the tricky part...toss them gently into the raging inferno of my paper=past. Wash your car, play with Alex, return, retrieve then enjoy!

Welcome sick note, congrats on the 13 days! Must say that I got a huge kick out of a post of yours that I read on another site...literally lol, more than once.

Hi MB...as for a one day return to our old "stinking thinking" as the AA old-timers say...well, I can do that in literally one second. I'm hoping that this time around I can reach for my tool box quickly and start fixing that space between my ears. My best to your friend on her Dr's appt today.

Hayley86, woohoo, congrats on the 10!!

Opps, the time, must move on. All my very best to the rest of the Undies Gang of Renowned...

Catch you on the rebound!
Old 08-06-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thank you IWLSAST. LOL What site was that? I hope it was a good kick
Old 08-06-2013, 05:15 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Day 120 no alcohol for me, so a few days shy of the true 4 month anniversary. Wow!! I won't even start on how different my life is now or this post would go forever. Thank you to all here for your support and help along the way and for just being there. Sometimes, I don't get the chance to respond to everybody, but it helps just reading and knowing that everybody is staying sober and we're part of a group together.

I really don't miss it at all. The only thing that has actually gotten worse has been my acne... I feel like a damn teenager again. The list of things that are better is endless though.

To those feeling down, hang in there. I think we all struggle with the bad feelings at times, and it's normal. One thing that helped me was a post here on dealing with emotions and memories. I found this post to be hugely useful to me in so many ways: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...anagement.html.

I too struggle with my days when I'm having 'old' thought patterns. Sometimes, it helps to sit down and say, 'What is one positive thing I can do for my recovery right now?' and then do it. It can be simple: a cup of tea to calm ourselves down, a few minutes of meditation, a short walk, some time on SR encouraging others. Sometimes, when we're done with that one thing, we have to think of the next thing and do it, too.

I notice I always feel bad if I skip any of my recovery behaviors, and sometimes the answer to that is to get right back on them. If I don't eat well, I feel bad, but when I notice that, I try to eat something healthy and have some water. If I skip my workout routine, I feel bad. If you feel bad about missing the gym, why not do a little yoga or stretching wherever you are. Add in a few push-ups and sit-ups and a walk around the neighborhood. I think some times those down feelings are a reminder to guide us back on track. Sometimes, it's a sign something needs to change, be it our behaviors, our attitudes and thoughts, that we need to take time to be grateful, or maybe start trying something new to motivate ourselves again.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Welcome sicknote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Welcome to 120 DG!

And also welcome sicknote to our group.

Been one of these last 24 hours or so. Lots of negativity around, things and seem to be in a big funk. I came so close to reaching for a drink last night.... I was on my way to do it. But I didn't. I knew it would not help.

Today, to celebrate the 4th month anniversary of my sobriety, I am taking the booze to a storage unit so it is not near by.

have a good and sober day all!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Midnight. Giant HUGS!!! know you're not alone and that we are happy to hear you rant when you need to. You always come back so strong in your positivity even when you still don't feel well. I really admire you. :-] remember it's okay to have low points. just because you aren't following a steep incline of progress doesn't mean you're worthless. I don't know you're personal progress since you stopped drinking but I'm sure that you are thousands of times happier with yourself. :] Keep being amazing mb and remember how important you are. *hugs*
Old 08-06-2013, 07:00 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

WWG. Chin up. You can survive this. It's hard to stay positive when the world is raining on your parade. :/ I was mad that I was unemployed for 2 months, but then when I reconnected with my cousin I hadn't seen in years, who just happened to have joined the same training session at a new job with me, I just KNEW it was a greater plan. My cousin has become my best friend again. It's hard to see the good when you're going through tough times, but I bet you'll see some sort of purpose when you're out of it. Do you have other things to occupy yourself in-between job hunting? Hobbies? Fixing the dryer? anything like that? I pray for your strength friend. :] *hug*

Hi grace! you're b-day sounds like it was lovely.

DG It's nice to reconnect with family huh? My brother showed me how to use the workout machines at the gym yesterday. It was good to have alone time with him :] AND YAY on your 4 months!!!! It's so enlightening when we look at our progress isn't it? Congrats.

Drake Late congrats on YOUR 4 months!!! Is the time going by any faster now? :] Glad you passed on that drink.

Sicknote almost 2 full weeks :] that was the biggest step for me. Glad you can join us.

Hayley woot woot! (to your 10 months) I'll make it there soon :]

Siesta! Congrats to you too!!!! And I really like reading your posts. :]

Hi Tanja!!! Hi Toots! Hi Dee! Hi Steve! Hi HD! Hi Jim, Hope you're well too. Hi Steve! Hi IWLAST! Hi Pete, haven't seen you in a while. Hi EVERYONE. I hope you are all well. Hi to Gilmer too! Miss that lady...

Bye all. this thread is fast so I wanted to let you all know I am thinking about you. Thanks for being a great support to me.

BF, I'm glad you slept well. That makes life so much less stressful. *hugs* hope you are well. :]
Old 08-06-2013, 07:05 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

DG awesome post about emotions!

Toots great idea about the gratitude list. I'm gonna work on that today! Thanks!

Up and off to another day of work. Grateful for sobriety and to be back with all my undies!
Old 08-06-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Congratulations Hayley on 10 months. Can't wait to be there myself ! Only 3 months to go.
Sick note, welcome ! Don't worry about being new. I only posted 133 posts and these "oldies" have over 1000. But everyone is super welcoming. The important thing. Stay sober, and write. Come as often as you need to.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Morning undies, Getting ready for a 10 1/2 hour day at work. Hoping for a good crew since we're spending so many hours together :/
Toots, great idea about joining a class to find new friends. I've tried making new ones in some of the cycling groups I ride with but to my surprise they are very focused on getting beers after rides. I would have thought a group of athletes would be in a little healthier mindset but not the case.
There is a Boston Terrier group that meets at the beach every week that I keep missing but one of these days I'm hoping to catch them and make new friends for me and the dog
Happy Tuesday Undies
Old 08-06-2013, 08:28 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

DG0409, Great post! Thanks for the link. I'll be checking it out today. Anything to help. Congrats on (almost) 4 months!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Just had a phone interview and hoping to be called in for a real interview. It's less money, but in my field. Also, my last employer will not discuss what happened just that i worked there. Still praying and going to AA.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Just found out I have an interview at 11am tomorrow. Prayers Please.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:30 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

That is positive Matt...Hoping for the best...

Jim
Old 08-06-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Hi, Undies. I am feeling better now. Guess, what helped? Right, ole old gym) And your wonderful posts, of course)

DG - congrats on 4 months!

And thank you for the great post and like about emotions. I like what you said about behaviors and it surely something I should work on and practice.

Melivin - Thank you so much for these warm words! Yes, I am feeling thousand times better, just expect from myself to skyrocket, I think)

BF - Have a good day at work)

Siesta - I wish you the best crew on your shift!

WWG - good luck with the interview!

Jim - hi to you)

My best wishes to all the Undies.

Have a great day/sweet dreams)
Old 08-06-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

After noon check in.

More like a rant but better than drinking after work. That stupid co worker I've mentioned in the past is yet again after me. Running to the boss and telling on me for forgetting to write some note when she could've just mentioned it to me. So frustrating. I know the boss doesn't like all that drama so I've just kept my mouth shut but ah I was so mad this morning. I'm sure ill be back on here this evening. Don't want to drink over it today. I will stay sober!!
Old 08-06-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi undies, quick check in before bed,
Hi Sicknote and welcome to the Undies

MB glad you are feeling better, remember we get up days and down days, not always related to our old hang ups.
SJ, I smile every time I see you wee puffin stepping out!

Drake, well done on not reaching for a drink, and for recognising the sense in that. I hope you get a better day tomorrow. Or try scream therapy, drive round in your car yelling as loud and hard as you can, really gets the stress out! ( I totally lost my voice once but felt sooo much better!!

Mel, you sound focussed!
Hi Hayley

DG! I am reading your link, really interesting, I love how the mind/brain works!

WWG good luck for tomorrow, keep those positive vibes going!

BF rise above it sweetie, your co worker is a horses 4ss and I suspect your boss knows exactly what she's like! Don't let a squit like that make you take a drink!

DP you watch who you are calling an oldie or I'll clock you one with my Zimmer frame!!!

Ok Carlos, you got me, I have to admit, you are the man of my dreams! A golfing chef.... Mmmm that's Hd3 too! Decisions decisions!
Siesta, you can't go wrong with dog lovers!!! I have met so many nice people since I got my sweet Molly! And 10 1/2 hours? That's barely a half shift to Steve, you need to work way harder than that to impress us undies!
Grace, hope work wasn't too eurgh,

hi S&S how's work?
Happyfeet, how are you?
Och! I hate thinking I've missed anyone, but if I have, just shout at me!
Nite all xx