last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-18-a-20.html

D
Old 08-04-2013, 08:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am first! Night all!!
Old 08-04-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Night Drake. Congrats on 120!! As always, I'm right behind you. Both in days and in posting on the new thread in this case.

S&S congrats on 30!! Way to go!!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Congrats on 120 Drake, and sleep tight!
S&S forgot to say well done on getting your first month under your belt, you are doing really well
DG nipping at Drakes heels!
Old 08-05-2013, 02:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

10.40 Mon

Good morning Undies

I had a busy weekend and yesterday I did a buffet to celebrate my natal b'day last week and had all the family round. It went well and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. We had some wine and beer in for those of the family who drink normally ( that's everyone but me). At the end of the evening I gave the remaining wine to my daughter to take home, there are still a few beers in the fridge, but I won't touch them, beer doesn't call out to me like wine does. My Dad enjoyed himself too, even though he didn't know what he was celebrating. Bless him.
I'm off work today and have all three g. children and it's bouncing down with rain. I think it's going to be a craft and baking day, all good messy fun.

Thank you for the new Thread Dee, I'll go back and catch up on the posts from the old one when I get chance.

Hi Drake, hope you had a good night.

D.G you're doing good, the days are mounting up.

Morning Toots, how are you today, have you had a good week end my dear friend.

Stay safe and sober and I am hoping to check in again later

Stay safe and sober

Gxxx

Just for today.......Don't be intimidated by the impossibility be motivated by the possibility.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Undies.

In my lowest of low mood today. I feel like the most useless person in the world, as if anything I do ends up in nothing but failure, I feel like a coward who has no guts to face the real life. I just have no idea where to go and where to move forward. I hate to sound like this, I hate to rant and whine like this, but that's just the way I feel. Like everything around me just points out how pathetic I am.

Sorry, Undies, I just have no other place where to go and get it off my chest.

Anyway, I do hope everyone has a good sober day.

My best wishes to all)
Old 08-05-2013, 03:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Midnight What on earth has brought that on? Why so hard on yourself? You are a lovely, caring, strong woman and have supported many of us here in our difficult times with your wonderful, inspiriting, talented poetry. There is no way on God's earth that you are pathetic and please don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You are you, you are brave, honest, hard working and sober and we love you.

The first paragraph in your caption says '' Until you start believing in yourself, you ain't gonna have a life' this applies to you too you know! Start believing because I believe in you.

All my love

Mary xxx
Old 08-05-2013, 03:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((MB)))
Old 08-05-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Thank you so much, my friends.

Your support just brought tears to my eyes. I don't know what brought it, or to put it another way, I fell like I am always in it, and every day I am fighting hard against this feeling, and one I stop fighting for a moment this feeling swallows me.

Thank you for giving me support, encouragement and such kind words)

So grateful to you!
Old 08-05-2013, 04:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

MB-

I'm up super early... been getting up earlier and earlier and I'm not liking it. But my schedule is about back to 'normal'... not that I had any normal during my drinking days, and since then I've been staying up too late and sleeping in too late. I think once I get used to this, it will be a positive thing though. I do like early mornings... just don't like not getting enough sleep.

I'm sneaking up on 4 months no alcohol, kind of hard to believe, but good at the same time.

I had a nice long talk with my sister yesterday, I need to get back in the habit of talking to here more.

Anyway, hope all are well. I'm off to down some more coffee!
Old 08-05-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Morning All....another sober Monday...

Hope everyone is doing well today.
Midnight...hope you have a good day...I could not have responded any better than Grace did (thank you Grace)......
WWG...hoping good news for you..

DG.toots..drake.Grace.and everyone else...Have a safe and sober Monday.

Jim

PS MB I may have to skip the gym today. Not sure my body can handle it...Although I do have to say I like the feeling exercise gives you...
Old 08-05-2013, 05:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

oh no, not again !!! Twice now that I've been trying to post more or less the same thing. IWell, I'm here. Love the quote Grace about the possibility/imp.

MB, I hope you will FEEL that you are not pathetic, rather than try to work at it intellectually. These things take time but it's the heart that moves bad self-esteem not your head or wanting to be convinced by people...

it smells like autumn here, bitter sweet but time to turn a new leaf ?

WWG, thinking of you as you're waiting for an answer. Trust in life.

Have a good Monday, they are hard for almost everyone in hte industrialised world, imagine for us undies.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Midnight: I can certainly understand your feelings. I can be on top of the world and then suddenly all just seems overwhelming and not worth the fight. For me, and maybe this applies to you and others, when the fog of my addiction lifted it revealed a landscape littered with debris. I see all I have to fix I see all that I have lost.

I fully realize I am blessed. I have a job, a place to live, friends, family, a strange but sweet little dog that needs me and decent health. But there is emptiness too. Regret, shame, unresolved conflicts that cloud.

Hopefully now that I can see, I can do something about it instead of hiding in booze.

maybe this will help you as it helps me: "The worst day sober is better than a good day drunk".

Old 08-05-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Matthew: Hoping for good news today or at least soon!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

((MB)) - You are the exact opposite of pathetic. You are strong, loving, courageous woman! You have quit drinking, maintain a healthy exercise regime and are far stronger than you realize. As Grace said we all love you.

Drake - Congratulations one third of a year of sobriety What a huge accomplishment! I know for me 4 months was pivotal because I had never been sober that long in my life.

Grace - I am so happy to hear that your Dad enjoyed himself. He made have not recognized the occasion, but it's heartwarming to know that he can still enjoy himself. You day of crafts and baking sounds like a lot of fun. Your grandkids are lucky

WWG - My hat is off to you for going to two AA meetings in one day. I have heard many a tale of people within AA finding jobs through the fellowship. Did you get an opportunity to share about your apprehension about your job loss? Many people can relate to that and provide the support you may need right now.

My celebration on the 8th is coming up quickly. I am a little nervous about standing at a podium in front of people. I don't have to say much, but can feel a little trepidation. I need to refocus my thoughts and recognize that it is a time of celebration. Telling myself that I am nervous is only going to reinforce that feeling.

Wishing everyone a serene and happy Monday.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Midnight just go and smash the gym. It works wonders at times like these.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Midnight, do something nice for yourself, buy some flowers,or have a nice long bath, treat yourself to a massage. You are lovely and loveable and all your friends here want you to believe that.

Hi Grace, your weekend sounds fun, and I'm glad your dad had a fun time. Hope today doesn't take too much cleaning up!!! I'm fine, bit of insomnia lately so tired during the day, but otherwise ***** dory!

Drake, it can take courage to look at ourselves the way we were, and the messes we made, but it can be a positive action, to see the improvement, and to make amends where possible . Then we need to move forward and learn to let go the past, dragging that weight around only slows our further development. You are really doing well now, and should be proud of yourself!

DP, lovely words, I hope you are doing ok?

DG, it's good you are reconnecting with your sister, and getting back into a 'sober life' routine!

Carlos, all I'm gonna say is you could tell us you cooked a six course meal for four hundred, but without the photos to prove it....... Hahaha well done, it all sounds yummy!

SJ, bit achey today are we?? Lol take it easy hon!
Steve, yup, those endorphins sure do the trick!

Tanja, it's ok to be nervous, even for others to see it, just remember though, these guys are there to support and celebrate your fantastic achievement, not to judge you on your public speaking! Go up there and speak from the heart and they will all love you.

Feel better soon MB, and everyone else out there, I hope your Mondays are going.!
Old 08-05-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I didn't get the job.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi undies. Thought I'd check in on you all.

MB hope you're feeling better. I agree with Steve that exercise always brings my mood up.

Well today is 7 months for me. It's been quite an eye opener being sober. I've learned a lot about myself and the people around me. I was so uncomfortable in the beginning. I didn't know how to interact with others without the confidence alcohol gave me. Now I would say I'm getting to a point where I'm just taking things in and thinking a lot. I've accepted my old friends for the drinkers that they are, and I still hang out with them from time to time but I can't take them for extended periods. They are all very proud of me for staying sober but they don't quite understand it all. And they would LOVE for me to pick up drinking again, so I have to protect myself from that.
I haven't found any new friends or friends that are sober yet. I tried an aa meeting in the beginning but it's not for me. As a bartender I don't really come across too many sober people. I'm not good at making friends anyway so I guess I'll just keep the old ones for now.
One interesting thing that I've discovered recently is that I think my husband is a classic narcissist. I think I drank my way through the marriage and didn't really understand what was going on. A friend spotted it and has been trying to get me to read about it and get help for it for years and now that I'm sober I finally read up on it. Turns out hubby fits that disorder to a tee. Unfortunately for me, it's not a healthy relationship to be in. I'm still thinking things out but it helps to at least be aware of what I'm dealing with. Looking back I'm sure his behavior contributed to my abuse of drinking in the beginning. Clear headed now though and ready to educate myself as much as possible about it and then hopefully I'll be brave enough to make a healthy change. (Again)
Happy Sober Monday to you all
Old 08-05-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Wwg, sorry about the job. Keep your head up. My husband was laid off twice in one year and now has his dream job after being turned down for several others. Not saying you'll get turned down for several but maybe there is a better one right around the corner for you.