Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 19

Old 08-22-2013, 11:27 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Don't worry toots....I'm about 11 months away...but will get there...

Jim
Old 08-22-2013, 12:22 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Hi there Undies

Just popping by to wish you all well along this sober journey.

I'm still plodding along nicely and sober.

Love being sober.

Off to catch up on all your lovely posts.

Nicky
x
Old 08-22-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Toots...tomorrow will be the finish of my 4th straight week without any alcohol...The longest I can remember.

My av is there...Telling me...'you don't have a problem...see 30 days..you can do it...this week end it will only just be a couple beers and a bottle of wine...no problem'

It is gasping for air...it knows it is being starved...tools...SR is my main tool...I read about people who have lost everthing to alcohol, who post while at work going through withdrawal and think...this time...that could so easily be me...I am letting go of my arrogance...the thinking 'toots can have a problem cause she is weak...but me I am special...It won't bring ME down'... That thinking has gotten me no where except another year older and another year of pouring it down my throat.

SR and the connection here by posting everyday and seeing folks like grace and pippo make to one year provides me with encouragement..

It is not easy...I want that AV to leave me....for it to quite down...I know it will...eventually...

PS I remember the hangovers all too well..(I have lost 5 lbs - may have to buy new pants soon)

Jim
Old 08-22-2013, 12:30 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Hi, Jim. SR was and is my main tool, as well. I could not have stayed sober this long without it.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:39 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PippoRossi View Post
Hi, Jim. SR was and is my main tool, as well. I could not have stayed sober this long without it.
me to Jim---SR is my only tool..thanks to everyone on this thread I have made it 170 days sober. I did it so far--and with the help of SR i plan on continuing. again I love this group.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Thanks Pippo.

And don't worry about the mountain... you can make it the same way you made it to a year: One Step At A Time!!! And the view from the top will be gorgeous!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 01:43 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Thank you for that encouragement, DG.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hey SJ, they will get so fed up in the Over thread, they will be tunnelling their way out in no time! You are doing amazing this time sweetheart, and I am so proud of you! It makes my heart swell to read the fight you are wanting to put up this time. And please a belt or braces ( suspenders?) before those pants fall down!

PippoRossi my hubby and I climbed Ben Nevis, tallest mountain in Britain, about 10 years ago, kind of on a whim! I had decided to take up hill walking ( well in this glorious land how can you not!) so. Bought some new hiking boots, went out in Fort William the night before saying If I don't get blisters tonight we'll give it a shot! ( 2 bottles of wine may have added to the bravado) well, I didn't so we did! It took about 4.5 hours to get to the summit, but what an amazing feeling of achievement ! And the views we incredible which was quite rare as it is often obscured by low cloud Bother was, we had to turn round and go all the way back down! I thought hubby was going to flake on me,it was such a hot day and we were totally unfit! I will never forget that day, and the sheer determination it took to cover that last, seemingly endless stretch of zigzag pathways. That same grit it what gets me through the tough times now.
PippoRossi, you are made of strong stuff, just imagine us all there with you cheering you up to the top. ( and get a picture!)

DG I hope you are feeling better.

Nicky! Great to see you, I was in your neck of the woods at the weekend, looking at a car in Clacci garage! Good to know you are doing away fine.

Oh very tired tonight so away to my bed, be kind to yourselves my fellow undies, and overs
Old 08-22-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  

Toots I am starting to feel a bit better, I think. 3 days in bed has really been quite enough for me!! I've started to feel more like it's been duvet week here than duvet day.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-20-a.html

D