Notices

Class of May 2012 part 22

Old 08-10-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

But we do really love your ramblings, Jeni :-)

Happy to hear life is going well for you!
Old 08-10-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Day 40. I went to put a deposit down on my next tattoo on the way back from my usual Saturday meeting, but the guy I needed to speak to wasn't there, and won't be till Monday. Still, it wasn't a total waste as it was only a little bit out of my way, plus I now know another, potentially shorter route there that means I don't have to change lines at Bank, which is good.
I got some writing done yesterday, which was... interesting. Sometimes I see my character defects coming out in my characters, which is understandable, I guess. The two biggest are fear, either of the future, or of speaking up when I don't agree with things, and a gnawing feeling of inadequacy, of being unable to handle things. Sometimes, they come out as anger. Oh yes, and I forgot chronic impulsiveness and indecisiveness.
But yes, sometimes it's hard to go back to some of my older characters. I may be in recovery, but they aren't, if you see what I mean, and I find that getting into their heads can leave me in a less than good place myself. They're not me, and yet, in an odd sort of way, they kind of are. I may not have been in the places they have, or done the things they did, but can I honestly say that I would have handled things differently if I had been? I don't think so, and sometimes that scares me a little. It's almost like looking at a dark reflection of myself at times.

Tanja - glad your celebration was good. You deserve it.

Saskia - good to hear from you.

Jeni - I recently had my hair done. I was tempted to have it cut short, but figured that could wait till next time. After all, I can always have more cut off, but I can't have any stuck back on It had got really bleached by the sun, so while it was dark at the top the bottom four inches or so had turned blonde, which made it awkward when it came to dying it, and meant I couldn't have hilights.
And I'm terrible for keeping in touch with people. Part of the problem is that I'm never quite sure what to say. I've been a geek for a long time, which doesn't really help with 'normal' conversations. If it's Doctor Who, or old computer games, or something like that, I find it easier, but...

Have a good day folks. And above all, remember that life may not be easy, but that's no reason to make it any harder.

Love and Hugs to you all. And may your higher power go with you. x x
Old 08-11-2013, 02:41 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,
Just doing my ten month check-in! (Technically it was on the 10th of August and now it is the 12th). I have had a great summer with my family and it seemed SO LONG and refreshing without drinking. It is a reminder of how much slower life goes when you are not hungover and stressing out about that next drink. School starts in 2 weeks and I am ready and for once don't have that ache that I have ruined another summer. I've done everything I wanted to accomplish, so I can start the new year rested and happy. Best to all and hope everyone is wonderful!
Lee
Old 08-11-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Congrats on 10 months, Lee!!! I'm glad you still stop by to let us know how you are doing.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Lee grats on 10 months!! Glad to hear you've had a great summer!!
Old 08-11-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Emily congrats on 40 days. You can revisit those character and write them like old friends but it doesn't mean you have to become them.

Lee, congrats on 10 months that's HUGE!! Doesn't it feel nice to feel you made good use of your time off and are prepared for the next school year? Congrats!

Take care everybody!
Old 08-11-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 10 months Lee!

Emily, way to go making 40 days!

Have a great week Mayans!
Old 08-12-2013, 12:14 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 10 months Lee, always great to hear from you.

Well done on your 40 days Em. You're are sounding really good, back to your old self now.

I'm still doing well. I had a quiet weekend, lots of trips to the gym which might explain why my legs are aching today! H is home today so I might see if I can persuade him to take me out for lunch... I mean, I've been very nearly what I assume 'proper' wives are like lately...you know, preparing meals, making the house look nice, ironing...as opposed to what I'm like when I'm working...untidy, disorganised, harassed and the fridge being mostly empty. I think I pretty much deserve lunch today. Because before he knows it I will be back at work and all will slip back to its usual mayhem.

Have a good day everyone. Love you all loads xxx
Old 08-12-2013, 03:28 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Good morning, Mayans!

Em, I'm happy to see you piling up the days!

Jeni, it's great that you are having some really good R&R. You sound wonderful :-)

Rock, good buddy, nice to see you checking in.

Tanja, I hope you're still basking in that glow of making one year.

WeHav, good to see you on a regular basis.

OLL, how are you doing? I know you are around but haven't heard much about how you are doing. Any photography recently? Please let us know how you are!

To our other Mayans, I hope you'll check in now and then if you can and at least i hope your lives are going well.

I'm doing well. My sleep is gradually improving as is my level of energy. Semi-annual blood tests and liver scan coming up within 2 weeks. I always get a little stressed by that but can't do a whole lot more than I already am (except eat more veggies and hit the gym on a regular basis!).

Have a good day to all!

Old 08-12-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 10 MONTHS MILESTONE, BIONIC LEE!

Mammoth is swinging through the jungle to sing your sober praises, good buddy! Excellent job on the sober strength and it's wonderful to hear that you're doing so well. Many proud hugs of love to you.

elephant-swinging.jpg
Old 08-12-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Day 42. All being well, this time next week I should have my tattoo done. Put my deposit down today, and had my back measured. I know I'll be sore for a while, but that's ok.
Had a quiet day yesterday. Did a little clearing on the allotment, which was good. I can see where I've been. I just have to be really careful around the nettles which are springing up everywhere, so that I don't get stung and start to get... shall we say a little floaty?

I'm planning to do some writing tomorrow, and then see the counsellor. Dunno whose story I'll be continuing yet. I guess it depends on who feels like speaking. At the last count, I had seven in progress, with two or three more who've said they want a turn, and a couple more whose stories just ended in midair. I feel like I'm going to be very busy

Leemzer - congratulations on ten months. That's great!

Saskia - glad you're sleeping better.

Jeni - glad you had a good weekend. It's nice to have quiet time, recharge our batteries a little.

wehav2day - At first I worried that I wouldn't be able to write about them at all, that I'd changed too much. Now, I'm getting used to the idea that I can still think that way and then switch back to 'normal' afterwards.
I think part of the reason I'm unsure whether I want to be a writer, is that I'm scared of being judged by their behaviour. Then again, I don't think Irvine Welsh has had that problem...

fp - how's life treating you?

Have a good day folks.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:04 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 10 months Lee!

Quick check in, I've been busy with family stuff and then I spent 4 days interstate so I didn't get a chance to come online.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:16 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Ok for the sake of full disclosure while maintaining anonymity I'm attempting to post a pic of myself...
Old 08-13-2013, 09:20 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Ok that didn't work..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (87.4 KB, 33 views)
Old 08-13-2013, 09:24 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Whoah that's huge and rotated! I'm hopeless at this. But it is me, the final "cousin it" pic before the 10 pounds of hair go to locks of love tomorrow. Anonymity and levity what's not to love!
Old 08-14-2013, 12:26 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

That hair is epic!
Old 08-14-2013, 03:30 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Love the hair, WeHav and the glasses are the perfect touch :-). Locks of
Love will be a lucky recipient of all that hair.

Em, I'm happy to read your daily posts again - I missed them when you were out.

Nice to see you back, Jane.

FP, I enjoy the periodic Pach pictures you so creatively come up with. I hope you're well.

To everyone else, have a really good day!

I'm off early tomorrow morning to catch a flight to visit my offspring. I will be unlikely to post but will try to read now and then.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Day 44. Another day when I had to go back to bed because I was feeling sh1t. Almost wish I hadn't, as I woke up from a nightmare, and I can't seem to shake the terror that I felt. Why now? I've not been one for nightmares in the past. Indeed, I can only remember one, and that involved hundreds of large red (highly poisonous) spiders. I was in bed and my quilt was covered in them as they marched up from the bottom of it. But that wasn't anything like as scary as this one.
I'm glad I'm seeing my sponsor tomorrow.

Other than that, I'm doing ok. Was over on the plot yesterday, hacking back the brambles and nettles. Didn't get any writing done, but that's ok.

Wehav2day - that really is epic hair.

soberjanedoe - good to hear from you.

saskia - have a good flight. Well, have a good trip all round.

Have a good day everyone. And remember, dreams aren't real. They can't hurt us. Even if they leave us shaken up.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:47 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Wow wehav that's a lot of beautiful hair! That's really nice of you to give it to locks of love.
I'm just on my lunch break right now. Same old same old. Not much to report but doing fine on the sober front and wanted to check in. Saskia I have not done muh photography but have read some different websites/articles about it. I recently got some compliments on the pictures I took of a friends kiddos so that was nice. Getting excited to go camping next weekend, not this coming weekend. That's about all I got! Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

OLL, nice to hear a little more than a hello! Glad the pic of the kiddos cam out well. I hope you enjoy your camping trip the weekend after this one. I've gotta get back to packing since I leave very early tomorrow am!