Notices

Class of September 2012 Part 11

Old 08-08-2013, 12:32 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thanks Hope, I am doing fine now.

Well done Soberbythesea, I think we are all agreed that keeping busy is vital to staying sober and you are certainly busy.

Good on you Jim with the cycling, keep it up.

I have sorted the side garden now (laid some of the slabs I lifted from the back garden) and will be starting on the front garden at the weekend.

I am still trying to lose some weight but it is difficult, I like food too much.

However, here's a fact for you, I can drink if I want to, I just don't want to.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:59 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Morning all, it's really good to be here with you again, I'm so proud of you all for having the courage to stick with it. I fell from the way but I'm stronger now and enjoying my sobriety more than ever. Well stick with the weight loss mate, since I'm back cycling I've lost a little and feel better for it mentally and physically.

Hope, my 40th was on the 21st of July, can't believe I'm 40 haha. This really is my turning point now. No living in the past anymore. :-)

Have a great day, love to you all.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Happy 40th Jim! It's been great to see you back with such a positive new outlook.

I am 11 months without a drink today, a fact I had completely forgotten about until the fabulous deeker from here on SR sent me a congratulatory PM. I've been so focused on the fact that a year was coming up, I guess I forgot about 11 months

Today I worked on my article, ran, and cooked myself dinner from the garden (my husband is out with friends tonight.) I made baked stuffed eggplant and tomato salad with our eggplant, tomatoes, basil and parsley, yum.

Have a nice night all
Old 08-09-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Birthday Jim

hope everyone has a great weekend

D
Old 08-09-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

SBTS congratulations on 11 months and 1 day Jim happy belated birthday!!!!! Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 08-12-2013, 12:22 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Happy Podium Monday.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Happy podium Monday - all! Ozark how are you doing?
Old 08-12-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hanging in there.... Jobs been a bit of a PIA as of late. Could be a big promotion for me soon but it is tied to my superior moving on. A lot more responsibility but they have already given me a significant raise just to get me to consider it. So now I'm doing my job and most of theirs as I am "groomed" to take over if and when it happens. I don't mind most of the time as I would be much more marketable if I ever wanted/needed to move on. Only been at this job for 7 months now and do not care to have to start over again somewhere else.

Enough to drive a man to drink!!!!

BUT NOT THIS COWBOY !!!!!

Congrats SBTS and the rest those who are closing in on the 365 day mark, sometimes it seems like just yesterday we started this journey and other times it seems like at least a year ago. HaHaHa....have to have a sense of humor right???

Big Happy Podium Monday to all.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:18 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

lol Ozark, glad to hear you are doing well! Not quite to the 365 day mark, but I'm half way there
Old 08-12-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Happy podium Monday guys. Thank you hope and Ozark for the congrats on 11 months and congrats to the others who are approaching a year too...

I am looking forward to reaching a year, but ultimately it is all still just one day at a time. I'd be foolish to think any future milestones are guaranteed just because I've gotten this far.

Quiet few days here, just spending time with my husband and cat. Reveling in being home, cooking, running, journaling and all that. I still have four weeks from today until I'm back in school full time, and I'm planning on enjoying every minute.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:52 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.I've been off the site for a while and it is soooo good to see all your familiar names on still!!! I have stayed sober,and will have a year soon like all of you.I have been going to my home group FUG.It stands for Ferrndale Unity Group. It's been around for a long time.Life has gotten better since it's been so nice out.Sunshine sure helps with the depression huh?Take care all of you and I will chat with you tomorrow,it's so late,gotta get some zzzzzz.Have a great Tuesday!
Old 08-13-2013, 02:55 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad to hear from you Sonia - and congratulations

D
Old 08-13-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Well,the count down is on for a foot surgery that will lay me up for a couple of months(pretty much).It will be painful I"m told.Never had any surgeries before so kind of nervous,lolAlso have sober support for when I need to ween off pain meds.I have two sponsors.I hope you all are having a good day today and will chat later.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:25 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Good luck with the foot surgery sobersonja, you can always post on here with updates and we will try to calm your nerves.

How is everyone, Ozarkcowboy, soberbythesea, Hope, Dee, Jim and all the rest of the Septemberites?

Coming up for the 1st anniversary, although I have not abstained for the full year, I know that my life has changed for the better, so I am going to celebrate......................WITH AN IRN BRU.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:28 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

good here well

D
Old 08-15-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

A OK from the Ozark Region Well. Glad to hear you're going to be with us to celebrate with us. I think every day we achieve 24 hours of sobriety is grounds for a celebration.

Sobersonja,Well is correct, you can always post on here with updates and we will try to calm your nerves or offer any help we can. I've come to the conclusion that the old adage....No Pain, No Gain is true in all aspects of life. While your surgery will cause you a lot of discomfort, the end result is to make you better than before. My past life of drunkenness/drug abuse is going to allow me to help someone, somehow down the road. I do not know how but believe there is a purpose for all things. Everyone on this thread has helped each other in one way or another whether they meant to or not. Call it divine intervention or what you may, I really do feel this is true.

Lets stick together and DO THIS THING!!!! Yea team September!!!!
Old 08-17-2013, 02:12 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

You all are so awesome!!

So good to hear how everyone is doing .Thank you all for your support.Operation is the 30th so it will work out good with husband home for 3 days from work. I am not to get up at all except for trips to the ladies room.I have never had any operations,so I'm worried.But then I know I am stronger than I think considering the hell I was in at end of my addiction.And how SICK I WAS the first months or three,lol.WOW!!! So proud of all of you.We have all came a long way baby
Old 08-17-2013, 07:58 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Good luck with your surgery Sonja, it's really good to see you back!

Today I went to a barbecue in the afternoon and someone my husband works with (who I had never met before) asked me why I wasn't drinking. I thought it was kind of strange, I wouldn't have thought choosing a soda in the middle of the day was grounds for inquiry. When I told him I don't drink, he looked from my husband to me like I'd just grown a third head. Then he asked me "is there a reason why??" I really wanted to ask him if there was a reason why he was guzzling down his third beer at 3 pm, but instead I just smiled and said "just a personal preference!" as gracefully as I could. It was strange, I usually don't get asked about not drinking, and certainly not asked to explain myself by someone I don't even know.

Everything is good otherwise, back to class in a couple of weeks! Squeezing all my last free time out of summer.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:30 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Soberbythesea, that is what it is like here when I go out.

20 questions just because I don't want a drink.

Well done for staying strong, I gave in a couple of times when I was weak but I won't anymore.

You did brilliantly.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:58 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Happy Podium Monday y'all.