Notices

Class of November 2019 Part 9

Old 04-17-2020, 04:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of November 2019 Part 9

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-8-a-21.html (Class of November 2019 Part 8)

D
Old 04-17-2020, 05:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love Floyd from Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem
Old 04-17-2020, 06:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lixie, I'm sorry to hear about the drinking. What do you think is going on that's causing you to do that now? TA's advice and thoughts are good.

Briansy I'm not much of a war film person either but I did think 1917 was great. It's a really straightforward, compelling story.

Things have settled down over here but I'm completely exhausted from the drama of the day and not sleeping well last night. We got into another unrelated argument this afternoon but I'm honestly too tired to talk about it. But we are back in a good place now. We have been together all day every day for a month now in a tiny apartment in a global pandemic, and out of all those days we've had one mediocre one (last Friday) and one terrible one (today)... I can't really complain about that. 95% of the time, things have honestly been amazingly great considering the situation, and I'm sure we'll get back to that again very soon. Just need to get some sleep first. He's on a Zoom call with his buddies now. See everyone tomorrow.
Old 04-17-2020, 11:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Speaking of Zoom calls, some friends of mine from University have arranged one for next Wednesday as a "catch up". Ugh. I hate the idea. I had one with two of my best friends a couple of weeks ago and even with them I found it awkward but with these guys next week although I've known them for 20 years, I am a little bit on the fringes of the group and kind of the butt of their jokes when these two get together - partly as I've been a bit of a liability over the years with my drinking and somewhat submissive personality around them. People pleaser, attention seeker etc. Also, while I was focused on drinking on my own 8n my apartment, those guys were out getting married and having kids. So I always feel "behind" in life. Oh well, gotta suck it up! Live in the present, not the past or the future!

Didn't sleep well at all the last couple of nights which is weird given I walked nearly 30k on both days. Oh well, I will give it time. Lixie, how did you go last night? I know you mentioned about self harm in the past, I hope things didn't spiral too much and you're interested in talking more today.

I'm going to give the walking a rest today and watch lots of films. I also plan to fire off a lot of emails to people on borrowmydoggy.com - maybe I can mind some people's pups over the next few weeks. I have some connections initially made on this from but it's a numbers game!
Old 04-18-2020, 02:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Absolutely gorgeous flowers Suze
Old 04-18-2020, 02:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sober Saturday thankfully, and I’m off to bed
Catch up tomorrow
Old 04-18-2020, 03:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad to hear it Willow!
Old 04-18-2020, 04:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Night Willow darling. s xxxxxx ❤️

Old 04-18-2020, 01:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Quiet here today. How's everyone been? I wallowed on my sofa all day and started to feel really crap. Got up and walked for 2 hours and did me the world of good. Gonna get up early and go on a nice long walk through Chelsea and Kensington tomorrow, looking forward to it already! I hope my joints hold up, I'm giving them quite a bit of use...
Old 04-18-2020, 01:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wish I could go with you....I adore where you live.
My dad was a Londoner. Did I tell you that already?
Years ago when I was there on a holiday I kind of refused to go home.
Wish I would have stuck to my guns. s xx
Old 04-18-2020, 01:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yeah, you did Suze, I absolutely adore where I live, not just the immediate area but for miles around. It's stunning!
Old 04-18-2020, 01:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Agreed. s ❤️
Old 04-18-2020, 03:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good morning
8am Sunday morning and I’m still in bed with coffee. Well I got up to make it and brought it back to bed

I might go for a walk on the beach today. I’ll try to take some pics if the light is good
Old 04-18-2020, 03:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Looking forward to your pics honey s xx ❤️
Old 04-18-2020, 06:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey all, sounds like everyone is doing okay today. I did so much work today. We cleaned the whole apartment together this morning, I did laundry, cleaned out the fridge, reorganized the whole supply closet with all my quarantine supplies. By the time bf got home from his afternoon excursion to the apartment with his friend, I was exhausted! But we ordered dinner from a favorite Italian place — they never delivered before but have recently started due to the pandemic, so that was a welcome change. We also had delicious NY bagels for breakfast so it’s been a good food day. We are on our third movie of the day which is It Happened One Night. Will check back tomorrow xx
Old 04-18-2020, 11:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

This is one picture of the beach nearby to where we live. There weren’t many people at all today so we got a good hour long walk without any problem social distancing

Old 04-19-2020, 01:26 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Wow, Willow! Stunning! You seem in better spirits.

SBTS what movies did you watch? Yesterday I watched 1917 and I tried to watch JoJo Rabbit but turned it off. Found it really annoying! Currently watching the Ballad of Buster Scruggs. So far thumbs up!

I did have not what I would call a wobble, but a brief period of idealising drinking alcohol. But then I went for a long walk to clear my head and that sorted it. I realised I'm gonna need to keep up that walking,it's great for me mentally. Day 12 so fully back to normal. Look fresh and feel fresh, that is not to be sniffed at, but I guess that's the way with us kind - much wants more! Maybe time for a gratitude list...
Old 04-19-2020, 06:14 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs was good, Briansy. Yesterday in addition to It Happened One Night, we also watched Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (my pick) and an old western called Johnny Guitar (his). We’ve been watching a lot of westerns lately for some reason. That is a genre I had not ever dug into much but I kind of like them.

Willow, that beach is beautiful. I’m so jealous, to be honest. I love New York more than anyplace in the world and I never want to move, but it’s the worst place to be at a time like this (and I don’t just mean because our outbreak is so bad). It’s been really hard to be in a one-bedroom apartment all day every day, with no outdoor space like a balcony or yard, and for the past 3 or so weeks I haven’t even really felt like I should go out for walks because of being pretty sure I had the virus. It’s a lot harder to stay away from people on walks here. I am finally back to normal now on smell/taste though, or very close to normal, so I may go out today.

Day 169 here. I’m looking forward to 6 months coming up on May 3. It’s still 2 weeks away, but I’m thinking about it Back later.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:17 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I hope you get some fresh air today love.
I need it to stop being so freezing here today so I can do my gardening.
Any day now....I am going to be bombarded with plants that I ordered a month ago. There are a lot of petunias coming....way too many perhaps. s xx ❤️❤️
Old 04-19-2020, 02:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good morning
Yes I’m extremely lucky to live where I do, with the beautiful coast at my doorstop. A lot of people say, how can you stand living so far out of town? But honestly, I prefer being “out in the sticks” as they say here. It’s nearly 10km to the nearest petrol station, and 20km to the nearest shop, and about 40km or so to town, but less than 1km to the beach ❤️
And in Australia, that’s actually pretty close to town. Some people live hundreds of kms from the nearest shop