Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 18

Old 07-20-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, i'm new here (currently on day 2 of sobriety.) Probably the 20th time i have tried to quit. I am not even ashamed to admit that i feel it would be impossible for me to quit without your help. I am praying this forum may very well save my life.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Back home from a 14 hour shift at work and I'm pooped....I actually turned work down tonight as they wanted me to work the doors on a night club in town but seeing as I'm already on 85 hours for the week I really didn't fancy a 3am finish and then be back at work at 5am for another 14 hour shift....

Just gonna chill out for a couple of hours and then hit the sack...

Welcome to our club messyliver you will get lots of support and good advice here and all our club members are fantastic...

I hope everyone is well....Take care all....Steve.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

85 hours? that sounds insane. I haven't been too well (possibly drink induced) so i am resisting the urge to head to a bbq and am going to stay in, eat some good food and watch a few films. Feels strange to be a sensible person for once on a sat night. I am usually laying in a gutted somewhere by this time...
Old 07-20-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Yeah 85 hours and I don't have a day off for another 6 days...People in this club will tell you I work a little too hard....Especially Grace lol..
Old 07-20-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

christ you are going to burn out lol! i couldn't imagine working that many hours. x
Old 07-20-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Steve you DO work too hard.

MessyLiver- welcome. This is a great place and has contributed to keeping all of us here sober. Congrats on day 2!!

Well, after a kitchen-cleaning marathon, I finally have my cup of coffee. And a clean kitchen. Going to try to get back on track for the day.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

thanks for the welcome! i know day 2 is hardly anything to be proud of but seeing as those 2 days are friday and saturday i'm rather gobsmacked lol x
Old 07-20-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Each day sober is something to be proud of. Especially the first days.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Good afternoon gang..

It's only natural for this alcoholic to put my best face forward. I like people to see me as I want to be, not as I am. I prefer to be judged as witty, clever, kind, and perceptive, never as small-minded, selfish, weak , and critical.

Yet, as I grow in this recovery. I learn that its not till I reval and share my liabilities that people are truly more able to see my actual assets. When I pretend to be without fault, I come off as phony. So ever since I did my 5th step back in Jan. The more I disclose my shortcomings, the more people have come to really trust me, and can count on what I say as truth, and count on my actions.

So its with my God. My HP wants me without my pretenses, wants to hear my secret desires, deep-seated grievances, and all my shameful thoughts.The more I have been able to come clean, and reveal my true self, has just made the growth amazing..

So with all that in mind.. I will not drink today.. Just for today I know I will stay dry..

Have a wonderful saturday all..

Good love...Happy
Old 07-20-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome messyliver

D
Old 07-20-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi

I'll be 32 next month and I've been a very heavy drinker for 12 years. I was last here almost exactly a year ago, during my last period of actually being serious about getting sober. I almost made it to three months and then turned back to beer with a vengeance, drinking heavily on and off for the last nine months. I'm on day 13 without a drink now, and feeling fairly optimistic but wary because I know I'm capable of slipping at any moment.... I remembered these forums as being incredibly informative and supportive, so I've returned to lurk and hopefully post more, especially when I'm tempted to just say "screw it" and walk down to the store for a 6-pack. I haven't had a craving for alcohol in the last two weeks... but I know I will eventually! We'll see what happens.

Take care,
Lydia %^)
Old 07-20-2013, 03:19 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hey lydia. welcome back. i'm 23 and have just joined today. I'm on day 2 (after many many failed attempts to stop over the last 2 years) I'm taking it one day at a time because i genuinely can't think any further ahead than that at the moment. I can't make any promises to myself that i will be able to go for lunch tomorrow in the sun without a glass of wine, but hell i'm gonna try x
Old 07-20-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Lydia

D
Old 07-20-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

HI Lydia and messyliver welcome back and welcome. Day 100 something here. Don't know what, yeah I do.... an ongoing issue with a dear friend who is a bit controlling, has me deep in the funk and blues. Usually I would be head long into my nth cocktail for the day... have to find something else to do. Went shopping at Target but all I got was razor refills and coffee cream... Think I will swim a bit in the condo pool and then who knows...

Oh and messyliver... day two is great... we all were there. Keep it up!
Old 07-20-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

Welcome back to the better side of the battle..

Congrats on your 13 days.. And yes we all, are only a bad decision away from picking up that drink.. You have to build a strong foundation.. So think about what you may do differently this time around..
Old 07-20-2013, 09:00 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi undies,

Plugging along somewhere between 6-7 months now. Struggling more than ever this past month. My AV is telling me I'm getting tired of the sober life. I just want to give in lately. Fighting with hubby a lot too. When I got sober he moved back in with me and I told myself to give it my best shot with him clean and dry, and if it still didn't work, then at least I'd know it wasn't the booze. Well, I still don't know if it's going to work. I feel like I'm holding onto him now because he represents a clean, healthy, sober life. I'm not sure if there's more there than that. Don't get me wrong, that alone is a huge reason to stay together. Unfortunately it's also a huge reason my AV is using to try to tear us apart.
Anyway, lots on my mind. Trying to get some of it out. Always helps.
Happy weekend undies
Old 07-20-2013, 09:16 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Siesta - good to see you
sorry for the uneasiness though - maybe posting here more would help?

D
Old 07-20-2013, 10:51 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. Yes, I'm sure that would help. It's so weird.... I even started looking at SR as something that is holding me back from a "fun" life. Forced myself to log back on and just read. I think I'm coming back to reality slowly...
Old 07-21-2013, 01:01 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Morning clubbers 0855 here and I've been at work nearly 4 hours already...Just another 10 to go lol....At least I get a lie in tomorrow as I'm back on 14 hour night shifts....

Still enjoying the peace and quite with the wife and kids being away...The dog loves it too lol...

Welcome to Lydia and siesta...As I said to messyliver the people here are great and full of support and good advice...

Today is a quite day for me as all the players have been given a day off as they played yesterday....I have just eaten a huge breakfast of porridge and scrambled eggs and as soon as the groundsmen have gone home I'm gonna lock the gates and sneak into the gym for a 45 minute workout....Don't get telling on me guy's lol...

Grace must be busy as it's unlike her not to check in with a post...She's bound to be in later....

HD3 another cracking post....Thank you very much....

I hope the guy's who are on holidays WWG and Pete are having a great time....So jealous as I really could do with a holiday myself....It annoys me a little that my wife and kids have gone away for 2 weeks and they are enjoying the beach and I can't get time off....

Oh well that's enough of me banging on....I hope everyone else is all good...

Take care.....Steve.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:10 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

make the best of the day that you can I guess Steve?

D