Notices

Class of June 2013 Pt 4

Old 06-30-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, KaytiP! And, Ladybug, I'm inspired by your perseverance - good to have you here in the June's group.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I just got back from my Exie's place. I gave her the bottle of wine I bought for myself earlier today, so I'm feeling kind of proud of myself. Tomorrow is Canada Day and the liquor stores are closed and I work from 8am to 12am, so I won't be able to drink tomorrow even if I wanted to.

On to Day 9!
Old 06-30-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Good on you cheapredwino and a big wave back to bemyself. Hope that you are staying dry and warm down there today
Old 06-30-2013, 05:30 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you cheapred

D
Old 06-30-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Thanks Pure and Dee!

Man, I can't believe how serious I'm getting though. Not grumpy as much as dead serious.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was 100 different people in my first 100 days - give it time - you'll find your emotional equilibrium again cheapred

D
Old 06-30-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I think I'll sign up with Netflix. I've got time to kill.
I'll watch some movies sober for a change.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:52 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Good job cheapred!

I've been watching a bunch of movies the past few days. Just today I was thinking it's nice to watch movies and remember them for a change.

I swear I watched Jack Reacher three times drunk and still have no idea what I watched.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I got the gardening bug this spring and what did I plant?
$500 worth of red wine grape vines! lol
Gawd.
Guess I'll be making lots of jelly next fall! :P

(and yes, there are cultivars which thrive up north)
Old 06-30-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Cheap red, love your new Mr Serious pic - very distinguished!

And so, you're a grape grower huh? Oh dear; the lure of the whole winemaker thing.....my last ex, of many years ago now, was a major collector, not a maker / grower. But by gee, he and I hit most of the best wine growing regions in southern Aus, many many times. He used to keep - for gawds sake - a seriously obsessive and detailed set of written books, with provenance, taste, value, etc etc etc.

When we broke up in Adelaide about 13 years ago, I remember deliberately drinking my way through some of the best of the cellar. He wasn't speaking to me, in the same house, and hadn't done so for about three months.... It was, shall I say, a pyrrhic victory.

The things we do, eh? Re your grape plantings....hmmm. Unless some others come along, with experience of other things to do with wine grapes when they ripen, I'd suggest considering blowing that 500 smackeroos and digging them all up. Severe? Too right. Our temptations are too real, too all-around-us just down at the shops, without having a big garden of wine grapes waiting to be made into WINE. Eek.

Pure Blonde: yeh, keeping warm and dry. I have a good quality rental villa unit (costs a lot) but with: gas ducted heating! yeah! And I say that as a semi-Green :-) I need warmth in the cold and cooling in the heat due to emphysema (from smoking).

BTW for anyone who's online: not just 3 cheers for Dee, but perhaps a hundred? Dee, you said you're not feeling well today. Please look after YOURSELF, as you're often exhorting us to do.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

just some physical stuff - the weathers not helping.. but I am indeed taking it easy, guys.
Thanks Vic

D
Old 06-30-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Oh, and with you all on the movies thing. Netflix and such is still too expensive and fiddly (geo-block wise) for us Aussies. So I've recently started revisiting / digging out some fabulous old stuff taped from TV on.....video.

heheh, I hear the younger members saying: what's that?

Just watched in the last couple of days stuff like 'Perfect Strangers', and will probably move onto another similar BBC style series called 'Shooting the Past'.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon Dee.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thanks bemyself, but that pic was actually taken at the height of my alcoholic fury last fall, so any resemblance to distinguished is purely superficial. :P

No, I ain't diggin' them up. That resveratrol and other polyphenols and anthocyanins and all that crap I pretend to know about is too valuable to squander! I'll just pig out on grapes and preserve the rest by freezing or making jelly.

Is it arthritis Dee? I've got OA but supplements keep it at bay; thank God for ginger!
Old 06-30-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Administrator

Arthritis and other joint muscle and nerve issues cheap red. I have cerebral palsy.

I'm not one for complaining tho - tomorrow will be better
D
Old 06-30-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Our local winery sells some of the grapes off as - grapes! Just for eating, that is. Could you do that, or is it a different variety?
Old 06-30-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear that Dee.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:09 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

Checking in with my Fellow Junesters. Welcome Cheap Red! Reading you post and name was giving me flashbacks to Franzia Box Wine.... Have a great week everyone and let's all be Junesters indefinitley.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:21 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I like the Junesters. We are an exciting bunch
Old 06-30-2013, 07:23 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Well I finished a 10 page paper for grad school (something I could not have completed if I was drinking) and have to wake up sick early to travel upstate. Have about one more hour of work to do before I'm done my day - but you know, I'm proud of myself today. I've accomplished some great stuff, had a great weekend, and I'm doing ok.

Just want to say thank you - ALL of you, who have posted and shared your stories with us/me. Its been such a big help to realize that I'm not alone in this, and I'm going to have my bad and good days, but I'm going to be ok.