Notices

Class of June 2013 Pt 4

Old 06-30-2013, 01:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

but i LIKE it here. i do not like change!
Old 06-30-2013, 02:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah stay here guys - I'll move the whole thread tomorrow

D
Old 06-30-2013, 02:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Yeah stay here guys - I'll move the whole thread tomorrow

D
Thank you Dee :-) :-) :-)
Old 06-30-2013, 02:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Ok guys - off out to the food market with hubby; without may make up on for the first time as the scars etc are healing nicely. Braving myself for some looks though.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good morning friends, nice to wake up sober again on Day 10

Going to chill today and watch the British Grand Prix!
Old 06-30-2013, 04:15 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Enjoy Mrb! My mums partner is a massive Grand Prix fan. I'm sure he's delighted that I am about to descent with 2 children

Right catch you later all, have a good day, enjoy the sunshine if you have it!
Old 06-30-2013, 04:33 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow View Post
Enjoy Mrb! My mums partner is a massive Grand Prix fan. I'm sure he's delighted that I am about to descent with 2 children
Me too! Completely obsessed with it and been to the last two British ones, have a good day Mytimenow
Old 06-30-2013, 07:06 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Day 18, the sober time is really flying by now. No hangovers, no liver pain, very few urges, losing weight, head getting clearer every day. Drinking buddies starting to look at themselves now without any urging from me.

Have a blessed day, all.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:25 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Day 16!
Old 06-30-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Had a strong urge for a beer today. Was on my way home from a bicycle ride and stopped near a kiosk. I used to buy beers there. I can't explain, my mind just went blank and I entered it and stopped. Then purchased a bottle of cold cola and left... It's the worst urge episode in 12 days so far.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Me too Freddy. Almost bought a bottle of wine today. I like a bottle of wine every 2 or 3 days and if my liver tests are as perfect as they were in the fall, who knows.... But I may as well keep off the wine until I get my results just in case I have to stop drinking for health reasons; if I can't wait a week then what's the good of me?

Actually, most of the damn reason I stopped drinking is because when I have a few drinks I'm not the pushover husband I am when I'm sober, and my Exie doesn't like it when I defy her orders. I think my ex-wife wants me to stop mainly because I never argue with her when I'm sober and I do whatever she says.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Morning all. Day 34 and feeling good. Went to a early meeting with my sponsor and then finished step 3. In my past sober time I never got past step 2....so making progress here. Going to start step 4 and I heard it is brutal but liberating.

Little over cast today and hoping the sun pops out at sometime so I can lay by the pool. Need to get rid of the "winter white" legs. Hope everyone has a great sober day!
Old 06-30-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

hey all. its a beautiful day in my part of the world and me and DD just got home from the beach. we walked miles - i'll sleep well tonight!

hope everyone is having a peaceful, sober day x
Old 06-30-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday to all.

Been a rough patch re: AV/urges this past few days. Today I'm up out of the city in the country. Went for a long run this morning, off to see a play this afternoon. Back in the train to the metropolis tonight.

Really glad to see everyone on board.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Sober Today

Just popping in. Had a little fight with husband today re: our son and now he's mad at me but whatever. I will always advocate for my son.

No desire to drink yet today. Just working and running a couple errands that I don't want to do but have to.

Grateful for my kids today. They are the best. >3
Old 06-30-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

hang in there, less...
Old 06-30-2013, 11:39 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrbeagle View Post
Me too! Completely obsessed with it and been to the last two British ones, have a good day Mytimenow
Thanks Mrb - did you enjoy the GP? I caught a couple of the exciting moments but was mainly trying to keep DD amused so my mums partner could watch it in peace. We live in Northamptonshire so joined in by sitting in the garden watching some VERY nice helicopters fly over. We were hoping to see the Red Arrows but sadly not.

So that's been my day - sitting in the garden in the sunshine with the paddling pool and a huge roast dinner. I also had a mad craving for some red wine on the way home but luckily a) My mum was driving me home, so straight there and not via the shops and b) I don't have any money!

Just got to sort some bits for tomorrow then I reckon it'll be bedtime.

Glad everyone is ok. Hope you get things sorted with your husband GreenEggs.

Grrr going to have to close my windows, 2 gardens down are having a bbq, lots of music, fun and laughter - it's making me crave!!
Old 06-30-2013, 12:45 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Day 15 and I'm doing much better. These 15 days were hard on me, REALLY hard. But yesterday and today, I feel so much better.

I still can't sleep. I still have stress, I still have tons of things on my plate that I have no idea how I'm going to get it all done - but I'm breathing through it and not reaching for the bottle anymore, which is good.

Thinking of all the June newbies who are going well and who are struggling. Tomorrow is a different day, yes. For today - all I can say is that I'm well and for today, I'm not drinking today. That's enough for me
Old 06-30-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I bought a bottle of red wine half an hour ago, but now I don't really feel like drinking it. I think I'll give it to my Exie later.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:03 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi gang....I just thought I would check in....you all seem to be doing really well.

I went to my 3rd AA meeting tonight, didnt speak again...not ready to yet. Am still drinking, albeit a small amount and it's not my 'poison' but it's still alcohol. Am doing my upmost to control the amount and the two times I hve had a drink I have done, this is my only saving grace. I will keep trying. We are off on ur holidays in a weeks time and I am really praying I am able to keep a lid on my drinking....certainly do not want my family holiday ruined by MY selfish behaviour. Please wish me luck. Love to you all xxxx