Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 2

Old 06-13-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by juststopit View Post
has everyone read wantabe's post in friends and family? His wife (and mother of his son) passed away this morning. WE WILL NOT STAY ON THAT ROAD!
Just read it. Sooo sad and scary. Wonder how old she was, not that it matters
Makes me NEVER want to touch that poison again.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Great job on 1 week, lifebeginsat41!!
Thank you :-)
Old 06-13-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

JustSarah, so glad you found your way over! You'll find tons of support here. My PPD was so horrible. It happened after my 2nd was born. I truly was near suicidal - I didn't want to desert my kids but I didn't want to live anymore either. I never came close to really doing it because of them, but I thought about it so often. I finally sought help from Dr. and she put me on lexapro. It took the depression away but it made me lethargic and fuzzy headed, it also kept me from losing the baby weight so I quit cold turkey. The depression is gone but I'm left with terrible anxiety. I have an appt in a few weeks with a general practitioner and I'll ask him about possible prescriptions but I'm going to ask a lot of questions and don't want to take lexapro again. ANYWAY - good luck. Quitting alcohol should definitely help with the depression but please be aware of any PPD -- I tried to ignore it for a while and it just got worse and worse.

Welcome to all of the other newcomers, too! So glad to see so many mommas in recovery! My boys are the reason that I am here. They deserve a sober mom.

This has been a tough week! Preschool ended last week (my boys are 4 and almost 3) and it's been raining like crazy. We're moving July 3 and we've just been in the house too much. It's not that we don't have things to do but their fighting is hard to take. They actually play well together but they have their fights - grrrr. And the longer I'm in the house the lazier I get. I'm supposed to play tennis in a team match tomorrow and am hoping it doesn't get rained out - I really need to get of this house so I don't get any lazier.

Next week will be so much better as my oldest has VBS and I'll be at the gym every morning and then the pool in the afternoon with my friends - hoping the rain stays away!

Everyone is sounding strong! I'd like to hear more recipes if you have them. I don't cook - at all. I feel bad for my husband who cooks for himself or else is stuck with spaghetti, the one thing I can cook. Does anyone have super easy recipes that the kids will eat too??
Old 06-13-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InperfectlyMe View Post
Ladybug sorry the Vicky Comment is a lady from bravos real housewives Orange County ... Embarrassed to admit...
I know Vicky only too well! The Housewives shows are my guilty pleasure. Actually, any reality show. I love them. I hate drama in my own life but love watching it on these silly shows. My husband teases me relentlessly about them but I catch him sneaking peeks when they're on.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one!!
Old 06-13-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. I don't have anything to add to a recovery forum at the moment but I love this group of beautiful ladies and just wanted to
Say hi.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

MLC, keep checking in. we are all rooting for you.

tornado warnings here. we have a basement but it is so crammed full of junk that it doesn't seem any safer than standing on the roof. so Baby Monkey and I got in the bathtub and skyped my mother in law. She already thinks I am nuts so I am sure she enjoyed the confirmation (I tend to blurt out inappropriate things at family events. My family finds these comments funny and charming, my in-laws just think I am wacko.) I couldn't watch Twister, I am terrified f tornados.

Made brownies, wow I am craving sugar lately. I was talking to a friend a week or so ago about losing my last 5 lbs post baby weight and she was going on and on explaining that when you breastfeed you keep extra fat to produce the milk blah blah blah. What she didn't know is that I was eating cinnamon rolls out of the pan at the time.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:12 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Ah no good about the tornado. I love confirming to people that I am infact nuts, especially the in laws!

Breast feeding always made me lose weight fast. I know a handful of people that couldn't lose weight whole breast feeding but it's the minority and, yeah, brownies haha.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by juststopit View Post

Made brownies, wow I am craving sugar lately. I was talking to a friend a week or so ago about losing my last 5 lbs post baby weight and she was going on and on explaining that when you breastfeed you keep extra fat to produce the milk blah blah blah. What she didn't know is that I was eating cinnamon rolls out of the pan at the time.
Haha, this has been me. Especially at night. Makes sense since that is when I did most of my drinking - body still must be craving the sugar it got from all of the vino. Wonder how long this lasts?
Old 06-13-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  

I made it. Climbed my Mt. Everest. Feels good to say day 1 officially. Thank god for candy corns!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  

Lol...I bought a strawberries and cream white chocolate bar....my sugar fix is a nightly ritual:-)
Old 06-13-2013, 06:21 PM
  # 511 (permalink)  

Haha, I am eating half of a caramel Milky Way bar as we speak!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 512 (permalink)  

Lots to catch up on ... MLC keep posting here we will NOT brow beat you... Going to go read that post you all mentioned in friends and family be back..... Oh and in eating black raspberry ice cream .... Never ate sweets until I got sober
Old 06-13-2013, 06:28 PM
  # 513 (permalink)  

Oh and Beavis I don't care whst anyone says I will watch any season if RHW anytime!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 514 (permalink)  

Hey Imperfect....I bought that Garnier cleanser and used it tonight. Really like how it made my skin feel.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 515 (permalink)  

I know it's awesome right my mom turned me into itvandvits cheep. I leave it in my face in the shower for a couple of mins for the "mask" action.... This group is the best sober advise skin care desserts
Old 06-13-2013, 06:49 PM
  # 516 (permalink)  
Marcher

Beavis! Day 1 is the most important day! Without it, there are no more days! Fabulous!!

Gee, I don't normally have much sweet tooth, but hearing all that chocolate talk is making me want it! I'm still full from dinner, we eat so late!
But, a little dark chocolate at night is supposed to be good for sleep...

And I like the Olay cream. Feels nice! Feel younger already.

Duffster, I used to cook a lot, and am starting back to cooking more. I could give you some recipes, but I don't know what you guys like to eat, and don't like. We also eat a lot of spaghetti here. (And don't tell, but Stouffers makes a pretty good lasagna. Shhhh!)
Old 06-13-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 517 (permalink)  

I use coconut oil as a moisturiser. Love the stuff
Old 06-13-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 518 (permalink)  
Marcher

Coconut oil? Yummy, I'll bet your face smells delish!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 519 (permalink)  

No it smells gross but the smell goes away on a couple of minutes.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:42 PM
  # 520 (permalink)  
Marcher

So, no kissing hubby right away?!