Notices

Moms and Mums Club 2013 Part 2

Old 06-12-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

Are u looking for a body moisturizer or face?
Old 06-12-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Marcher

Oh, sorry, face.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

I use, and love, Olay Age Defying facial moisturizer (am 41 ) The one I use has SPF 15 in it, but they make ones without sunscreen.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:59 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Enjoy your dinner, joygirl! How nice of your hubby! Aren't you glad you are sober?
Old 06-12-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Marcher

Yes! We used to always have martinis when we went out alone.

I'm 45, I definitely need to defy my age!
Old 06-12-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

I use the age defy tiooooo the Maroon tub gold top. It's fab also found great new face cleanser... Garnier 3-in-1
Old 06-12-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Oil of Olay is definitely the best moisturizer. Thanks for the face cleansing tip Imperfect..been looking for a new one!
Old 06-12-2013, 04:12 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Marcher

2 for Olay! think I'll try it.

For cleanser, I use philosophy purity made simple and really like it. But I don't like their moisturizers, too heavy and smell bad to me. I like girly smelling lotions!
Old 06-12-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joygirl View Post
Yes! We used to always have martinis when we went out alone.

I'm 45, I definitely need to defy my age!
Ahhh, martini's.... That is what I drank, too, when my hubby and I had date nights. Vodka with blue cheese stuffed olives. Never again, so sad Oh well, I can still eat the olives, right?
Old 06-12-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

I use St. Ives timeless skin. Apparently Dr. Oz recommended it so it went nuts on Pinterest. I have to say I LOVE it! I have the dryest feet EVER so I tried it there too and holy moly it worked so well! I also have this weird patch of eczema on my ankle that I've tried everything and cortisone on with no results so I tried it there too and it worked! I'm hooked and the best part is its only $5 for a tub of it!

The hubs and I took the wee ones to the park for a picnic and bike ride. It was so nice but I chuckled at my canteen of iced tea. No doubt a few years ago that would have been wine.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Mother of the year here checking in yet again.
I don't have any sad stories to tell from my past. Nothing horrific to wet the eyes. Wonderful husband and two great kids. House, dogs, etc. Living the dream here. I haven't hit rock bottom, no DUI's, no ultimatums, etc. So I can't say why I still drink. Nobody knows it's a problem but me. Maybe I'm waiting for someone to punch me in the face.
My husband told me today that we are going to a black tie thing next Friday. Guys have it so easy. Rent a tux and call it good. Us girls have the dress, hair, make-up, toes, eyebrows, tanned legs, etc to deal with. It's always on a short notice. There is always pressure to look like Jennifer Aniston and keep a clean home, manage the kids and dogs, etc.

Today's the last day of the job I've had for 5 years. I don't know where I'm going from here. I kind of feel trapped with my degree. My husband's career has him traveling a lot which leaves me to the kids and dogs. It's hard to find a rewarding career that allows me to still be soccer, football, and baseball mom. He's stuck in Chicago tonight. I love those, "hey, my flight's canceled" texts. I was counting the hours until he came home, but all well. I hate Chicago's airport.
Thanks for listening to me.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Lady bug those blue cheese Martinis you didn't happen to drink them with Vicky gunvalson did you? If you don't know what I'm talking about disregard

Bravis my life also "looked" so perfect no one knew my struggles but me. I always painted on the perfect face and played the role.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Sorry, Inperfectlyme, don't know who Vicky Gunvalson is?? All I know is I loved my martini's. Of course, I couldn't have just one....

Glad to see you back, Beavis! How have you been? Are you still drinking?
Old 06-12-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Hi all! I'm feeling like my username tonight...

I have to admit (and I hate to) but I'm so jealous of all of you with the supportive husbands and families.

My husband drinks a fair amount every night. He isn't going to quit and booze will always be in the house. I've accepted that that is how it is going to be and I'll have to be sober in spite of it.

Boy, it is rough some nights.

He is always having drinks when I get home - I HATE the welcome home peck with booze breathe. GRRRR! He doesn't understand that I'm very frustrated right now. I'm having a hard time cooking dinner/being in the kitchen.. We're just having simple meals - well balanced for the kids - but simple. It is just all I can do right now. And he complains! About everything it seems - meals are crappy, not keeping up with all the house, not in the mood...on and on.

I work full-time and do almost everything (95%) of all the home tasks (in and out) and the kids activities etc... - he has some health issues that make some tasks a little challenging but he could definitely do more.

I don't say all this to complain about my situation and my work load - I'm ok with the situation - it is what it is. My frustration comes from his total lack of verbal support and understanding. Can't he just have some compassion and empathy for a few weeks??

I'm sad tonight because if this is how it is going to be this time around I don't know how our relationship is going to handle it. I'm trying to trust that it will all work out how it is supposed to - and I'm trying to just take it one day at a time and I'm trying not to borrow trouble (at least not too much).

All I do know right now is that I'm going to stay sober.

Tonight I just feel worn out and tired - even my daughter was sweet enough to ask if I was really tired. And then made sure to tell me to go to sleep early. Brings tears to my eyes that she was so attentive.

Sorry to be such a downer this evening. I just really needed to put this out there. I don't have anyone IRL that I can share all this mess with.

Thanks for listening!!!

p.s. maybe I need to do the time warp again for a smile
Old 06-12-2013, 06:02 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Aw...sorry you are not getting all the support you need at home Sadsoul:-(. You are doing great though, try to stay focused on that.

We are here to hang out and listen!
Old 06-12-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

aarrrggg...I am allergic to every moisturizer out there except Keys. I would love to find something less expensive.

I don't really like sweet drinks so my fizzy water is usually cucumber (slices of cucumber in sparkling water) or mint. Sometimes lime, but that makes me want gin so I only have that on Sundays (you can't buy liquor on Sundays in NC).

I LOVE the olives in martinis. I always wished there were more in there. Actually I always wanted more of whatever the garnish was, olive, lime, cherry. I haven't had a stuffed olive in forever, yum gonna put that on my next grocery list.

I wish we all lived in the same town! We would have the best group ever. Instead of crappy coffee and stale off brand Oreos we could have fancy fizzy water and cheese and olives.

Baby napped 3 hours so we never made it to the grocery store. So I got a bunch of housework done and didn't eat a tub of raw cookie dough. Don't know if I am happy about that or not (seriously vegan cookie dough is such a dangerous and yet amazing discovery).

Looking forward to going to bed, CLEAN SHEETS!!! If I had time I would change the sheets every day. I love climbing in to a bed with clean crisp sheets.

I hope everyone has a good night/day depending on location.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:24 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Sadsoul-
I haven't asked for my husband to stop drinking. I just don't think it is right. He can regulate himself and do just fine and so I let that be. However, the smell on his breath makes me nauseous and actually motivates me to quit. You know the kids smell it on him as well.

I also know that whatever they say or do will always be wrong when fighting the AV, which is where I'm at. What does support mean? For me, sometimes I need the scared straight thing. Yell and punch. Get my attention. Then sometimes I need a blind eye. And sometimes, just love me for all of what I am. My husband asked me if it would help if he stopped drinking as well. So I got mad at him. I don't think they know how to support all that craziness.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Sorry to those having a hard time. So glad this group is here for all of us to vent to others who understand.

I decided I wouldn't touch anything today. Made it to 8.30am. Great effort.... I am risking so much, it's so stupid. I wish I never knew.

Had playgroup this morning. It's at the school and I take my two youngest and get to see the three school age while I'm there. It's nice.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:32 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

sadsoul, I missed your last post somehow when reading through.

I am sorry you are having a tough time. I know how hard it is to have husband drinking when you are not (and ICK I hate booze breath now that I am sober!!)
I don't really have any advice to offer, I am going to assume that your husband won't be willing to go to counseling? He doesn't really sound like the type. As far as dinners go, what helps me is having a menu planned for the whole week. On Sunday I tell my husband what I am planning. If he doesn't like it that is his chance to complain. After that, no whining. If he doesn't like what I make he can have a sandwich.

Hope you get a good night's sleep and wake up refreshed.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:34 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

So sorry you are feeling down, sadsoul. I must say, though, that you must be a very strong woman and I give you a ton of credit. Not sure I could be so strong if my husband drank a lot around me and complained about things this early on in my sobriety. Keep doing what you are doing and just take care of yourself right now. At the end of the day, we have to do this for ourselves. You are doing great! Please know we are all here for you :group hug: