Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 14

Old 06-19-2013, 08:59 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Marcher

Good day to all Marchers!

Doing well and going to get my Angry Son his learner's permit to drive, against all good reason and mother's intuition. We will listen to Norah Jones all the way to the DMV just to get him in the mood. I made him wait an extra year to get this, so I hope... oh who am I kidding? I'm just rolling the dice here...

Have a good one everybody!

Oh, and welcome Java!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

May the Force be With You!

Hello Joygirl,
Wow.. you are a brave woman, at this stage in the recovery process to undertake such a huge endeavor.
I have vague recollections of teaching my children to drive... it involved me carrying a rosary with me every time I let them drive, at least in the beginning.
I will look forward to hearing of your adventures in this area of your life,
and all kidding aside... be safe and have fun!!
Old 06-19-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Originally Posted by Nattythreads View Post
And we're all still here, still going strong. That's the very cool thing.

Toots- ye shouldnae have telt thum pal. Funny enough watching them flounder around
I cannae help mysel, I dinnae want tae fesh em, aim tae saff hertit!
Old 06-19-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Hey Marcher, I was thinking of booking a Bunyip wrangling holiday next year for my 50th what would you advise I wear? I have heard that full armour is standard? As for the Drop Bears I think I'll be ok, I have plenty of Vegemite to rub under my armpits!

Oneday, don't feel bad, when this sassenach first moved to Scotland I was continually tripped up and deliberately misled! Confusing Sassenachs is a national sport up here!!

Lovejava, another coffee head, welcome!

Joygirl, I used to be a driving instructor, the best you can do is give him all the warnings and hope he has enough sense to drive carefully.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
I cannae help mysel, I dinnae want tae fesh em, aim tae saff hertit!
Toots,

You may want to try out spell check! (lol) I'm sure that some of my texts read just like that not so long ago!
Old 06-19-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
New and learning

Hi Marchers!

Sorry to have been MIA, but I have been living with Black Forest Fire here in Colorado. It has consumed all energy and thoughts. The fire is now 85% contained, but what a week it has been. I was in the voluntary evacuation zone.....although they called my neighborhood and told us we were mandatory and that was a scare. We went and got things out of my dad's house while he was out of town, he lives on the other side of the fire. The fire was 15,000 acres of the forest between our houses. 502 homes are complete losses, and I know so many people who live in the area. So far, none of my close friends lost their homes, but their homes are extremely smoke damaged. So sad.

Anyhow, I am coming back to daily life again and just spent 2 hours reading and catching up on this post. Wow!

Congrats on the 90 and 100 days! Awesome! And jobs and job applications! I have been looking and need to make a resume I've decided! Still praying for LifeT and glad to hear of your strength through the process. Sorry about Shoes uncle. Good luck wo the new house. Great to hear the funny banter, and thanks for the language explanations. I failed at my interpretation! Ha!

Love to you all! Stay the course! And we ARE family!
Old 06-19-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

NMS so glad that you and your loved ones are ok and that your home is ok. It shows we can never take life for granted. Very day is a gift.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Oh, and following on from that, I just took this picture out of my window, another gift at the end of the day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (83.7 KB, 28 views)
Old 06-19-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

NMS, just seen my sunset in all it's glory, picture wasn't intended to be so big, I hope it doesn't look to much like fire after all you have been through, maybe thoughtless of me to post it, just wanted to reming people of the beauty as well as the meanness of nature xx
Old 06-19-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

NMS: Thank you for checking in... your nightmarish week was all too well documented here on the newscasts in Denver. I am grateful you and yours are safe.

Ken: texts sent while drinking... looking like that language Toots uses....

And Toots: yes, you are too kind and softhearted to have me wandering around SR more dazed and confused than I already am what an angel you are!

And I may be naive, but I know you do not rub Vegemite under your armpits.
I am not guessing what a bunyip or dropbear is... no... this girl knows better than to go there again....
Old 06-19-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Beautiful picture

Toots...it looks like you live in Paradise... the beauty is breathtaking.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Ah 1day, we are so lucky, every day brings a different sunrise or sunset, I can never tire of the view. I count my blessings, and appreciate fully what I have
Old 06-19-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you're ok NMS
awesome pic Toots

D
Old 06-19-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. NMS I'm glad to hear you are OK, I was watching footage of the fire on TV the other night and I wondered about you as I knew you were in that state. Sassy are you taking that B12? Awesome photo Toots -- I'm fascinated to know what time it was with the shortest/longest day tomorrow. I'm guessing about 10pm from the time of your post?

Have a good strong sober day Marchers.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Toots, oh my aching heart, that's a beautiful picture. I am in awe of you being able to look out and see that!

NMS, how very tragic that the fire has caused so much damage. My heart goes out to you and all of the folks affected by the fire.

Marcher - yep, faithfully taking my b12 every day for a couple of weeks. It may have been wishful thinking but today seemed a tiny bit better. At least I didn't spend the entire day fighting off a long nap :-)

Hugs to all,
Sass
Old 06-19-2013, 06:12 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Oh, and following on from that, I just took this picture out of my window, another gift at the end of the day
You deliberately took that with the sun going down so we all couldn't see the slum town on the other side properly, didn't you?
Old 06-19-2013, 08:13 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  
New and learning

Gorgeous view toots! Wow! Love it!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Hi LoveJava and welcome!
Where's MustLoveCoffee?? I think you two have something in common.

You picked a great month to quit and a great group of people here who will support and care about you no matter what.

I will say we should probably come with a disclosure...
I hope you have a sense of humor.

Please please jump right in here and tell us about yourself. I'm a blabber so you will get me figured out pretty quick. I would love to hear more about you. I know that for me the day I just jumped in and shared that's when I felt the connection start to happen.

We talk about a lot of stuff but never once has anyone who yelled help been ignored or overlooked. You need anything...you just tell us. Feel like changing the subject...jump right in. There are no rules...well, just forum rules but that's about it.

We need some new folks sharing....my Marcher friends are tired of reading my novels! Lol

Toots? Where's our last club notes?
Old 06-20-2013, 01:09 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Hey Shoes, sorry, we were going through a serious issue at the start, so it wasn't appropriate to post the round up then, and after I forgot! If we do a bit of short post blabbing, we will get to the new thread and I can round up then!!
Marcher, I took the picture around 10:30 last night, we are east coast, so the sun leaves us sooner, but we have very little dark night this time of year. Down side is that we have a very long dark winter 😒
Well folks, it's this Sunday, my 5k run. I lost a couple of weeks training through injury, and have had a chest infection for the last week or so, so am not as far along as I would have liked, but I have worked really hard at my training and I feel that the effort involved rather than the time I put in is what is important!🏁
I cannot find a way to link to the just giving site, so if you want to sponsor me, please just make a donation to cancer research and tell me what you have donated, I will add it to our tally!!

Natty, you are so right, that is far and away the best light to see Dundee in!!
Old 06-20-2013, 01:13 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Lifetplant haven't heard from you in a day or so, I hope you are still managing. Remember that we are all here thinking of you xx