Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 14

Old 06-18-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Hi, i haven't read back and I'm on my iPhone so please forgive me. i don't want to take up the page or waste space but we have just far welled mum thank you everyone for your kind messages of support, than you j
Old 06-18-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  
Administrator

prayers to you J.

D
Old 06-18-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

I love the blanket Marcher! I saw a documentary about a fistula hospital in Africa. Breaks my heart some people have so little when I have so much. I'm proud of you for helping and thinking of others.

Now there's a wasted life. All taking and no giving. Another downside of drinking.

Good job Toots! Those reactions are weird. However they make sense. I certainly was never mindful about picking up. It's just what I always did without thinking. Now that I'm back to work I've had a few triggers. On the drive home. Totally mindless. Just pops in my head. Relax with a drink. I go to my gym instead where they have these super fabulous massage chairs. Much more effective. They alone are worth the membership fee. Those thoughts are now fading just like the others as I get used to being out in the real world. I was prepared for them. I knew it would be different than sitting on my butt at home all day. Another reason I joined the gym.

Which reminds me. I must be improving. I have some apps I'm not using much anymore. Happy Ritual for example. I used to have to check things off my list like wash face at night, take vitamins, meditate, pay bills, get mail....you know...all those super overwhelming things drunk a** me couldn't handle. I laugh now. It just seems natural to take care of myself. Duh.

Back to reading...how is everyone doing??
Old 06-18-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Oh...Abba is my sober soundtrack now. I'll bet Natty is a huge Abba fan.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  
Every Mother's Worst Nightmare

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
Oh...Abba is my sober soundtrack now. I'll bet Natty is a huge Abba fan.
Correct. I love Abba! If Id been around around in Agnetha's heyday I swear she wouldn't have got out alive
Old 06-18-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Whew. Been wanting to do this for some time, finally acknowledge everyone else's achievements and issues and happenings.

Lifetplant -- What else can I say? Your strength is inspiring and I hope you'll be able to look back on this time as a reminder of how strong you are. We're all still with you and we'll continue to be with you as you heal -- and you will. Hugs to you.

Duffster -- Moving sucks! But I've always enjoyed the setting-up-house and decorating part when everything finally found its way to the new place. Keep your eyes on that prize.

Marcher -- Nice blanket! And the thought and care you're putting into it is even lovelier. Imagine the world we could create if everyone gave of themselves that way to people they didn't even know. But the fact that many do is reason enough to be hopeful and inspired! Thank you for doing it!

Toots1 -- You are so right. Natty did commit a redundancy error with the "blunt spoon" comment. Although they do have grapefruit spoons, right, with serrated edges? Still . . . And well done on stopping yourself from glugging from your husband's wine glass. That is such a valuable skill -- being self-aware to catch ourselves BEFORE we consume (or do anything else that's ill-advised, for that matter)!

BuddinK -- You have 100 days? Wow! I think that getting sober in Key West, of all places, land of Buffett and Hemingway, must entitle you to medal or something. Thanks for the good wishes on the job, too. Haven't heard anything yet but it's still pretty early. Makes me sick (nervous!) thinking about it. No pressure - aaaaagh!

Joygirl -- NINETY DAYS -- yowza!! I'm about 20 days behind ya. Keep up the great work and thanks for the upbeat posts. You chose the right username.

Northlander -- You sound well! I hope the dog in your avatar is not your co-pilot because he doesn't look like he's in any shape to fly anything.

And Shoes -- What can I say? Been meaning to PM you back. Sorry for the loss of your uncle! Hugs. On a brighter note, that's pretty cool that the restaurant owner has traveled the recovery path too. We are SO not alone in that!

Love and encouragement to anyone I've overlooked and please know that if you aren't mentioned by name here it's not because you're not in my thoughts or on my radar!

Finally, for anyone who needs a reason to stay sober today, I've mentioned the woman, Luisa, who owns the little farm where I put in a few hours each week. A fellow animal lover and generous, kind-hearted soul who dashed off a $600 check to me after learning of my cat's illness and financial woes (I'm getting all misty again just thinking about it). Well, she has a growth in her brain. We don't know yet whether it's malignant, but fortunately a CT scan did NOT show any nastiness in other parts of her body. She goes in for surgery on Thursday or Friday. So here's this wonderful person with an illness she did nothing to cause, and so who the hell would I be to throw away my own health and life with booze? It would almost be like giving the finger to her situation.

Fortunately, she sounded really upbeat on the phone earlier. Please keep her in your thoughts/prayers.

Have a great day Marcher family!

SISTER SLEDGE - WE ARE FAMILY (1979) OFFICIAL VIDEO - YouTube
Old 06-18-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nattythreads View Post
Correct. I love Abba!
I think you have to hand in your man card now.

The comment about Agnetha may help you to obtain a new one.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

3 Months Clean from oxys/hdros!!!

Thank you to all my fellow Marchers, today I am celebrating 3 months clean from all my pain pills... it is truly a miracle I made it through that withdrawal alive and half way sane, and want to thank everyone here for being so kind and supportive!!
Just a tidbit: being part of the 12 step world as well, a 3 month or 90 day milestone is one we celebrate with a coin or chip, so I had my sights set on this for some time now... woo hoo!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

SWEET!! Congratulations 1day -- you've obviously got what it takes!!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  
Marcher

1day, soooo proud and happy for you!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:03 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  
Marcher

Meso, Luisa is in my prayers now!

Toots, we only hear from Natty when we say something to get a rise out of him!

I have a plastic spoon for you, Natty.

Dee, I don't know the Lemonheads, so I'll have to go check them out.

Shoes, you sound fantastic. I like ABBA. Reminds me of my Bulgarian friend who loves ABBA. And my childhood days at the Roller Rink.

Sassy, How are you doing back at work? Not over-doing it, I hope!

Life, With you in thoughts and prayers everyday!

Have a good one, everybody!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joygirl View Post

Toots, we only hear from Natty when we say something to get a rise out of him.
Agnetha would get a rise out of me.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:20 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Congrats on all the milestones people. Truly good to read. Cant tell you how inspiring others achievements are. It's a huge help.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Agnetha would get a rise out of me.
Really Natty??? You have to limbo that low??? Take yourself in hand this minute!

Old 06-18-2013, 10:48 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Mesoso, wonderful role call! And the very best of wishes to your friend, she will be in my thoughts.
Oneday, you have come so far, I hope you are proud of your achievements so far.

I hope everyone else is well and strong.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Take yourself in hand this minute!

Do tell us- what exactly are you suggesting here woman?
Old 06-18-2013, 11:34 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

What do you imagine, young man? I am suggesting that you behave!

The only swede you could pull would have a root attatched and go well with tatties and haggis!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:35 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Do tell us- what exactly are you suggesting here woman?
Attached Images
Old 06-18-2013, 11:59 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

What????

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post

The only swede you could pull would have a root attatched and go well with tatties and haggis!!!
Hello Toots,
Ok... may I please take a shot at translation here? My apologies if I offend anyone,.... ok, Swedes means the ABBA people, right, and a root attached.....no idea.... tatties... people with tattoos???....haggis.... haggardly looking women???

Tell me how far off the mark I am with my guesses... this could be very embarrassing... but among friends, does it matter?
Old 06-18-2013, 12:58 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  
Marcher

I'd like to hear this, too.
I think haggis is a disgusting sausage only eaten in Scotland. Are tatties potatoes? So if this is food, what is the Swedish root? Why is Natty pulling it?
Americans need to know these things.